IT.COM

Single letter IDN .COMs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I am wondering if these single letter IDN .COMs in *unpopular* languages/alphabets are worth registering?

By unpopular I mean there will be no type-in traffic expected whatsoever, neither will be no or almost no searches for it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably a waste of money, go for domains with some traffic.

When you say unpopular languages, what languages are you referring to?

•••
If there are no type-ins, what is the use of holding such domain names?

•••
The majority of all my domain sales,well over one thousand,have been names without traffic.

When IDN finally take off,whenever that may be,why should they be any different?

I think just a longer wait than anybody has anticipated and secondary languages are likely to be way behind the curve.

•••
If you have Hindi .com names and they don't get traffic, it doesn't mean anything. If it is any other major language in .com and it doesn't get traffic, then you have a problem.

•••
The majority of all my domain sales,well over one thousand,have been names without traffic.

When IDN finally take off,whenever that may be,why should they be any different?

I think just a longer wait than anybody has anticipated and secondary languages are likely to be way behind the curve.

You probably missed my point here. I do accept that the secondary language based domain names like in Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, and Georgian are way behind the curve in traffic and revenue when compared to the IDNs in Chinese, Japanese, Arabic and Russian, even if they don't get type-ins as of now.

Unfortunately this scenario doesn't work with languages which are rarely or not at all used in online. Keeping IDN names from such languages, are nothing but waste of time and money even if they contain just a single letter. This is what I was implicitly trying to say in my previous comment.

•••
•••
You probably missed my point here. I do accept that the secondary language based domain names like in Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu, and Georgian are way behind the curve in traffic and revenue when compared to the IDNs in Chinese, Japanese, Arabic and Russian, even if they don't get type-ins as of now.

Unfortunately this scenario doesn't work with languages which are rarely or not at all used in online. Keeping IDN names from such languages, are nothing but waste of time and money even if they contain just a single letter. This is what I was implicitly trying to say in my previous comment.

Got it.

Yes single characters in most languages will not have the perceived equivalent values of single letters in ASCII.And agreed-mostly a waste of time and money.

•••
Yes single characters in most languages will not have the perceived equivalent values of single letters in ASCII.And agreed-mostly a waste of time and money.

I kinda agree to that except people still register and sell them as premium, whereas I can't put a value on them, and which pisses me off as it feels like I am missing something

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back