IT.COM

IDN question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi everyone,

I am in the process of registering my first IDN domain, and I am wondering if it is a mistake.

Since the registration is not complete, I cannot be too specific just yet.

The IDN is a name of a city, and the extension is .edu.xx (country code after).

The city name (as an IDN) gets over 33K exact searches in google from that country, and the city does have a university in it with that name.

What do you guys think? Could it be worth something?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.edu.what ? pl ?
Just judging by the fact it's 3rd level domain - not .com.tld - I doubt it's a premium.

Sorry, register the name than post in the appraisals section when you own it. But perhaps you should pass.

•••
Thanks for your reply sdsinc, I will try to have it in the thread later.

Is .edu.pl (or something similar) a valuable extension? People seem to really like .edu backlinks.

I was just thinking that since it is a city name, and there is a university with the same name there, this could be good.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

The domain has now been registered. it is rzeszΓ³w.edu.pl.

I will be putting it in the please appraise section too.

•••
.edu != .edu... :rolleyes:

.edu has authority and is restricted.
In the .pl namespace I think there is little value outside .pl & .com.pl.

•••
Is there no consideration given to the fact that it is still a .edu (even if it is weaker because of the .pl after)?

•••
I would stick to idn.com, idn.net and idn.ccTLD which are all expected (in the next year or 2)to be aliased to idn.idn (native languages for term and extension).

If you don't have time or experience to search, you can buy lists of available IDNs from a few brokers, or even excel dictionaries. Well worth looking as there are still some good stuff out there at reg fee.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back