IT.COM

Signup request for DomainNameSales.com / InternetTraffic.com rejected. How many domains needed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Doron Vermaat

Co-founder, EftyTop Member
Efty.com
Impact
Does anyone knows how large your portfolio needs to be to get approved for DNS?

I submitted 160 or so domains last time and got rejected for the following reason: Too few domains - we are servicing larger domain portfolios at this time

It would be handy to know how large my portfolio needs to be before i try submitting it again.

Anyone knows, roughly, what portfolio size you need to submit to get approved?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

I submitted 160 or so domains last time and got rejected for the following reason: Too few domains - we are servicing larger domain portfolios at this time

It would be handy to know how large my portfolio needs to be before i try submitting it again.

This is very interesting because I think that when I got accepted I submitted nearly the same amount of names. They might have changed the rules or it is a nice way to say they don't like your names? Hopefully someone else can give you a better answer.

•••
I was accepted with a little over 100 about a month ago

•••
Sounds like someone missed their morning coffee. Would you lose anything by applying again after a short delay?

•••
They are a total waste of time unless you have ultra premium names

I know a lot of people that have tried with Name Admin for ages and never had any luck

•••
List your ten best domains.

•••
I was accepted with 60 domains about a month or 2 ago.

•••
How they are performing? Better than Sedo or Afternic? Thanks

•••
Yup, it's not about the amount of domains you list with them, just about the quality.. List your ten best domains with them like someone above has said.. if they still won't accept them you just have got to acquire higher quality domains first..

•••
How they are performing? Better than Sedo or Afternic? Thanks

based on dnj no and I think their sales guys are top noch but the clients they rep are big huge pipedreamers, i mean it got to a point where the minute I see its with dns I dont even bother getting a price, i already know it will be something stupid

•••
Thanks everyone for the replies. I appreciate the tips. Their website however clearly states:

When submitting your domains, be advised of the following:

Please enter your FULL list of domains (to a maximum of 5000).
Ensure that your list is pre-scrubbed of any and all domains that contain trademarks, names of famous people, brands/companies, or any other intellectual property risk. Your list is reviewed on a pass/fail basis, and if there is a single trademark name, the list will be rejected and you will have to resubmit.
DO NOT enter a small list of clean names and expect to add the rest of your portfolio later. ALL names entering our system are reviewed.

I guess i will try again once i'm around 200 names. Their rejection email also clearly states the reason is too few names so if it was the quality of my portfolio i assume that would be stated in the rejection email also..

•••
Thanks everyone for the replies. I appreciate the tips. Their website however clearly states:

When submitting your domains, be advised of the following:

Please enter your FULL list of domains (to a maximum of 5000).
Ensure that your list is pre-scrubbed of any and all domains that contain trademarks, names of famous people, brands/companies, or any other intellectual property risk. Your list is reviewed on a pass/fail basis, and if there is a single trademark name, the list will be rejected and you will have to resubmit.
DO NOT enter a small list of clean names and expect to add the rest of your portfolio later. ALL names entering our system are reviewed.

I guess i will try again once i'm around 200 names. Their rejection email also clearly states the reason is too few names so if it was the quality of my portfolio i assume that would be stated in the rejection email also..

Well think about it and what people told you here. Everyone has been accepted with even fewer domains than the ones you submitted; go through your portfolio and objectively try to value your names. Do you have LLLs? LLLLs? for example

•••
Well think about it and what people told you here. Everyone has been accepted with even fewer domains than the ones you submitted; go through your portfolio and objectively try to value your names. Do you have LLLs? LLLLs? for example

If you ask me personally about the quality of the names in my portfolio i will of course say they are excellent ;)

Honestly tho, i think my names are decent. You can have a look here and be the judge: http://doron.me/domains - i dont have that that many keyword / EMD's and focus more on brandables so that might be a reason for them to reject me.

•••
If you ask me personally about the quality of the names in my portfolio i will of course say they are excellent ;)

Honestly tho, i think my names are decent. You can have a look here and be the judge: http://doron.me/domains - i dont have that that many keyword / EMD's and focus more on brandables so that might be a reason for them to reject me.

well...OF COURSE!!! lol

Maybe brandables + many .co could be the reason?

•••
well...OF COURSE!!! lol

Maybe brandables + many .co could be the reason?

I only have two hand full of.co's - less than 10% of my portfolio, the rest are pretty much all .com's.

Anyway - i'm interested in DNS because most of the inquiries and offers i receive are from US based end users and since i am based out of Hong Kong it isn't always ideal to handle these leads myself. I rather have someone brokering these on my behalf and i understand they have a good team at DNS.

•••
I remember, one day a domainer applied for a parking account at some outfit and listed a few LLL.com. So his portfolio was good but his application was declined :)
Reason: LLL.com have resale value but will not always get a lot of type-in. Even if they get traffic, they may not be good candidates for parking if the ads can't be targeted enough :gl:

•••
i was accepted with 30 at first. i looked at your domains, i think it's quality.

•••
Just send them the domains that they want. You don't have to list your whole portfolio with them; they just don't want you to omit half and list it later. There's nothing keeping you from choosing half of your portfolio and leaving the rest out permanently.

DNS specializes in certain types of domain names, and some of those don't fit the bill. Not only are they going to make your portfolio look bad in their eyes, but their services aren't going to help you with those domains, because they're not designed for that.

Leave out the brandables and stick to .com. They're probably not counting those domains when they assess your portfolio, which is why they claim it's too small. Be picky with two-word domains. In my industry, things like PixelSearch and JavaGeeks have potential, but not so much SerialData.

Looks like you don't have many domains that would be much worth listing with DNS. If you have your hopes on DNS, you're going to have to change your portfolio a bit. However, I'd recommend just taking a different approach to parking. DNS might not be a match, but there are still plenty of options. .co can certainly be valuable, but DNS is too traditional for that stuff.

•••
I am in the process of transferring all my domains from Sedo to DNS and I am submitting new domains nearly every day. The kind of names I submit is very different from day to day and so far they have all been accepted. So one of my conclusion is that, beside traffic, they pay attention to what domains they could sell better as they also offer a broker service.
But I can be wrong..

•••
DNS specializes in certain types of domain names

Can you please tell in more detail like which type of domains they are likely to accept? Is it about specific niches or something like exact match domains. I have many technology related domains (latest + future potential), so I was thinking if it would be a good idea to submit my domains to DNS.

•••

Well what they politely meant was that "GOOD DOMAINS" size is too small. So dont just randomly add domains and resend them. They'll reject anyways.
Secondly they dont do brandables. only keywords geo keywords and generic domains.

try brandbucket or namerfic.

•••
Being accepted by DNS does not make one an expert or mean you have names that will sell.
Nor does it mean you have undesirable names if you are turned down. However, it very likely will result in one less Uniregistry customer.

•••
I have been accepted with my 700+ names last month i dont know if it helps you...

•••
Since this thread got bumped I decided to sign up again once more. This time with around 500 domains. Got accepted a few hours later.

•••
Since this thread got bumped I decided to sign up again once more. This time with around 500 domains. Got accepted a few hours later.
Maybe they are too lazy to check the applications that include more than 500+ names so we both accepted in there :D

•••
Back