IT.COM

showcase Showcase domain(s) you will NEVER sell but will keep renewing

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Many domainers reg domains and flip it before renewal and expiring a year later.
Some keep them for years but with the intention to sell for big money.
Others will allow a domain to expire and delete.

And then there are the rare occassions where a domainer once they land on a great domain will never sell it. Ever.

Does this last bunch exist? Let's see.

So what domain do you own that you would never allow to expire or delete or sell?

Should be some great and odd stories and explanations.

There are people who collect comics and stamps and coins who never sell until they die and their greedy kids sell it off for big money.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would sell any domain, for the right offer.

Brad

•••
I would sell any domain, for the right offer.

Brad

DataCube.com?

edit: why did I just see that your namepros profile name is not registered?

BMugford.com is available for reg?

You've been around here since 2007 with 9K+ posts and 13K likes. I'm surprised you did not secure the EMD for your profile. I expected when I checked whois for it just now that it would be taken.

Your name BMugford is very well known on Namepros and very well liked too.

As far as personal names I would never sell it.

although on thee other hand I do tend to forget to renew domains by accident so I might lose domains to expiration or redemption.

Last edited:
•••
•••
They say everybody has a price..

Last edited:
•••
They say everybody has a price..

I guess I should have specified more. The obvious here would be like you said Samer your EMD for your full name.

maybe the name of your newborn baby for future use when they grow up and maybe become somebody. Give it to them as a gift. Renew maybe 18 years lol

•••
I guess I should have specified more. The obvious here would be like you said Samer your EMD for your full name.

maybe the name of your newborn baby for future use when they grow up and maybe become somebody. Give it to them as a gift. Renew maybe 18 years lol

Ohh i see, a name deep sentimental value, doesnt have to be valuable.

Or best of both worlds; Elon Musk's "X.com" He'll never sell that lol

Last edited:
•••
DataCube.com?

edit: why did I just see that your namepros profile name is not registered?

BMugford.com is available for reg?

You've been around here since 2007 with 9K+ posts and 13K likes. I'm surprised you did not secure the EMD for your profile. I expected when I checked whois for it just now that it would be taken.

Your name BMugford is very well known on Namepros and very well liked too.

As far as personal names I would never sell it.

although on thee other hand I do tend to forget to renew domains by accident so I might lose domains to expiration or redemption.

I don't really see the need for it. My last name is not all that popular. I own my full name in .COM, it just forwards to my company website though.

I would love to own my surname in .COM though. I have tried to acquire that for the last 20 years, but it is in use by an end user and they are not willing to sell it for even very strong offers.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Ohh i see, a name deep sentimental value, doesnt have to be valuable.

or even something that has deep meaning to you.

like if you were Black and by chance you got to register BlackLivesMatter.com

•••
There are certainly domains I would want a lot more to sell due to sentimental attachment. However, there comes a point that the money could do far more good than the domain.

Brad

•••
I don't really see the need for it. My last name is not all that popular. I own my full name in .COM, it just forwards to my company website though.

I would love to own my surname in .COM though. I have tried to acquire that for the last 20 years, but it is in use by an end user and they are not willing to sell it for every very strong offers.

Brad

Understood. but still though you have great stats for your profile name on Namepros.

Everyone knows you as BMugford on Namepros at least in the domainer circles.

plus it's the closest and most relevant name you can get to your surname and you've established it since 2007. my personally I would have reg it just for the hell of it.

We always tell buyers to secure domains that matter to their business don't we? it really threw me off when I checked the whois for BMugford.com. I expected you to have owned it.

I was going to say along with Datacube.com would you sell BMugford.com? but when I find out you don't own it. lol

•••
Theory. “Black Lives Matter.com” 3 words com

Sure, accept Black lives matter..three words dn

only the meaning means more than domain...

interesting if combo; valuable & sentimental;
“BLM.com” in this case any 3L.com valuable

Last edited:
•••
Theory. ““Black Lives Matter.com” 3 words com

of course someone could mention here a domain that's an exact match for their family business that's been around for over 100 years or more.

•••

He sold it once before, then decided he wanted it back (from Paypal) so bought it back off them :xf.smile:

•••
Most of every ones portfolio till they go broke. Everyone will still sell anything for a price.

Last edited:
•••
Any asset is for sale at the right price. I will NOT keep it indefinitely, unless it is for developing.

•••
sh/a/wn/.n/u

Firstly, it's not a very valuable extension, so any offers wouldnt outweigh any personal value I've attached to it.
Secondly, I've had it for a decade and it's sort of my personal brand.

Last edited:
•••

I would love to own my surname in .COM though. I have tried to acquire that for the last 20 years, but it is in use by an end user and they are not willing to sell it for even very strong offers.

Brad

Change your surname is less expensive than buying your surname . com?

•••
Theory. “Black Lives Matter.com” 3 words com

fyi.

BlackLivesMatters.com regged. not mine

•••
Change your surname is less expensive than buying your surname . com?

Tried to switch my surname to Bond as a teen. lol

•••
I'll keep 3/t/i/t/s/.com 4eva..

•••
Amadex (com)
Privazilla (com)
Cloud (ba)
Email (ba)
IP-Adresse (ch)

•••
•••
Yeh, I would agree with Mugford, any domain I would sell for the right offer, no matter the attachment and/or current usage.

But on the flip-side, imagine finally getting your forever domain.. only to have an offer come in that is far too tantalizing to ignore? A vicious circle.. :) I guess financial circumstances could change everything.

Guess I have a couple domains I would never ever sell. First one is my first+last name abbreviated, would not sell because it was pure stroke of luck that came upon it, plus matched my vanity license plate to it:

b/n/j/e .com

Second would be my DN portfolio site.. have put a lot of work into into it and could not imagine branding to something else:

genuine.domains (and using a pretty sweet shortener to it too: dn.gd)

That's about it, everything else is fair game.

•••
Many domainers reg domains and flip it before renewal and expiring a year later.

And then there are the rare occassions where a domainer once they land on a great domain will never sell it. Ever.

So what domain do you own that you would never allow to expire or delete or sell?

There are people who collect comics and stamps and coins who never sell until they die and their greedy kids sell it off for big money.

For me it would be WeeMore.com for all its possibilities. Amazon....eat your heart out. Who doesn't like just a wee more of anything good:xf.grin: Where do you shop?

•••
Back