IT.COM

question High views but no offers. Would it sell for Big $ @ auction?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Hey Guys, You know I always have the most interesting questions on NP. (NOT!) lol

So this is for the gurus.

If a domain has high views but no offers. Would it sell for Big money if it were sent to auction?

It seems odd to me that domain owners don't do this more often? I mean obviously people are looking at the domain. I'm not talking about 1 or 3 I'm talking about 500 or 700 views!

but no offers?

So I was curious. Would such domains with so many views if sent to auction meaning the domain owner paid to send it to auction. the fact that it has tons of views. That it will sell? and not just sell but sell for big money?

Below is just an example from 4.cn. could the pricing have caused all those views to happen?

4.cn.png

also if a domain has so many views? would it benefit the domain (prior to listing it for auction) to pay to feature it?

I always wondered if the domain owner simply went "All IN" on getting a domain sold like pay for Sedo featured listing and maybe Namebio featured?

Captain Obvious would say that the Domain better be good to go "All out" in promoting a domain.

That being said would a domain with 700+ views constitute as a "Good domain" to go "All out" on?

The guys are Godaddy always said that the reason my domain didn't sell for big money is because I didn't featured them.

I understand they just want to make money but is it all just bs?

I get this feeling from them always "pushing it" the idea of going for featured listings that your domain would just get buried under millions of domains for sale and at auction.

and never get seen.

That the perfect buyer who will pay big money for your domain would have to "work" just to finally find your domain.

I guess that makes sense.

It then makes me wonder. Imagine you don't feature? and you do your own promoting.

Why if Godaddy and Sedo instead redirect the traffic you send to your listing and instead redirect them to their Featureds? I guess I'm just paranoid.

It is odd how some great domains never get sold for top dollar.

like when I got WeedBio.com for $12.

So Feature or not to Feature?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Many views could also be from the seller just spamming their domain ads where the visitor most likely has zero interest (cold traffic). Organic views might prove a better chance for auction.

•••
Back