IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So, not to pop any bubbles (including my own) but I was thinking (always a scary proposition) that as the U.S. States pass their individual laws to legalize / decriminalize marijuana, it is still illegal at the federal level, leaving the option to shut all of it down open to the right / wrong resident of whatever position of higher authority deems it necessary.

Also, I'm not saying it WOULD ever happen, because the money is too good to pass up in terms of taxes at every level (sales tax on the product, sales tax on the materials needed to produce the product, sales tax on the materials to display / sell the finished product, social security earnings from all the new industry jobs, etc.).

I am saying they (and we know who "they" are) COULD pull the plug.

Keeping on topic, here is another I got here:
NewGrowers ... not that good, but who knows.

Peace,
Kenny

Last edited:
•••
Last 2 months update -
Sold - CannaRunner[.]com for $1400
Turn down a $5K offer for GoWeed[.]com
Sold - WeedDiet[.]com for $6K
Bought - FindCanna[.]com & TheCanna[.]com & Canna.Shop
Registered - Canna.Charity & Weed.Charity

Last edited:
•••
So, not to pop any bubbles (including my own) but I was thinking (always a scary proposition) that as the U.S. States pass their individual laws to legalize / decriminalize marijuana, it is still illegal at the federal level, leaving the option to shut all of it down open to the right / wrong resident of whatever position of higher authority deems it necessary.

Also, I'm not saying it WOULD ever happen, because the money is too good to pass up in terms of taxes at every level (sales tax on the product, sales tax on the materials needed to produce the product, sales tax on the materials to display / sell the finished product, social security earnings from all the new industry jobs, etc.).

Peace,
Kenny
It's definitely possible. That's the reason why no one should ever place all their eggs in one basket. (To all newbies, do not only invest in Cannabis names.)

•••
Question, keep or drop? (.com)
20180927_132639.jpg

•••
Little bit corny from Canopy Growth but in a game of advertising restrictions, gotta give them points. Even Snoop getting in the action.

The Great Clone Transfer Of 2018: A look behind the scenes. #CGCAGM 2018 #FutureGrowth

Cheers
Corey

•••
The confusion on the federal level on cannabis is actually good for domains.

As states come online theirs more startups as opposed to federal level companies. Canopy growth, Cronos both examples of large national grows and flow thru to street level on a chain basis. On a national policy in Canada.

At a minimum medical isn't going away in cannabis.

Infact there hasn't been one setback any level, state to local legislation other than a few small towns opting out.

We did think with Sessions in the industry would have some setbacks. In fact there's been 0 on the federal level.

Infact Cannabis job growth was more than manafacturing. The economic benefits of the test states is truly a stunning metric. Its difficult for even Red states not to take a look at Cannabis, in fact they did. Oaklahoma decrimilized weed and allowable home grow of 4 plants I think. Doesn't get any more conservative than that. Indiana has some activity on the legislative level at a minimum in Hemp. That may pass nationally this week actually.

Giving the states to become more legitimate.

One would think the federal government is pre occupied. The Quinnipiac poll recently was %80+ for favored medical and %65 recreational polices. If one expects to be elected exactly how does one oppose cannabis this the above forementioned.

Forward we go..

Last edited:
•••
•••
Smart move for this American territory...
"On September 21, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) legalized cannabis completely, doing so without initiating a vote from its citizens."

"But the good news doesn’t stop there. The island, situated in the Northwest Pacific, now allows residents to move forward with other cannabis-related activities. Regulators will also issue licenses where residents and entrepreneurs can pursue endeavors in cultivation, production, and wholesale. This includes opening recreational smoking lounges and testing facilities, to name a few."

"Now, with a newly reformed cannabis legislation, the CNMI could become one of the leading destinations for cannabis tourism."

Sue going to bring in money as a "leading destinations for cannabis tourism."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The worlds is becoming more cannabis friendly day by day..

Malaysia in Talks to Become First in Asia to Allow Medical Pot

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-to-become-first-in-asia-to-allow-medical-pot

~~
Been getting a few offers on my "canna" (dot) ca's..no ready to sell them yet!

•••
•••
Smart move for this American territory...
"On September 21, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) legalized cannabis completely, doing so without initiating a vote from its citizens."

"But the good news doesn’t stop there. The island, situated in the Northwest Pacific, now allows residents to move forward with other cannabis-related activities. Regulators will also issue licenses where residents and entrepreneurs can pursue endeavors in cultivation, production, and wholesale. This includes opening recreational smoking lounges and testing facilities, to name a few."

"Now, with a newly reformed cannabis legislation, the CNMI could become one of the leading destinations for cannabis tourism."

Sue going to bring in money as a "leading destinations for cannabis tourism."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The worlds is becoming more cannabis friendly day by day..

Malaysia in Talks to Become First in Asia to Allow Medical Pot

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-to-become-first-in-asia-to-allow-medical-pot

~~
Been getting a few offers on my "canna" (dot) ca's..no ready to sell them yet!

Thanks again Briguy....all this is so timely. I live in Virginia Beach, Va., not only the largest city in Virginia with a population of almost 500K, but also the largest resort city in the world. This occurred just last night; https://www.13newsnow.com/article/n...inia-beach-on-medical-marijuana/291-598965363

As a result I was able to reg two domains this am; BeachCanna and CannabisVB. Of course Beach Canna has huge potential, and CannabisVB would be limited to Virginia Beach.

I'm thinking now in terms of partnering with a state or federal legislator to help sell domains. I'm pretty lucky in that I know both state and federal politicians who I generally invite to speak at the Virginia Beach Kiwanis Club.

Thanks again guys and gals:xf.grin:

•••
o75rWll.png

Cannabis, CBD, 420, Ganja, Weed, Pot and Hemp + Area all already reg'd.

•••
My state of Texas will probably be the last state to legalize pot for recreational use, and it sucks, I hear Oklahoma is looking at legalizing it, so i hope if Oklahoma does, Texas will follow, It is a class C misdemeanor for over 1oz i think it is, Screw it though, I will toke like i always have.

•••
My state of Texas will probably be the last state to legalize pot for recreational use, and it sucks, I hear Oklahoma is looking at legalizing it, so i hope if Oklahoma does, Texas will follow, It is a class C misdemeanor for over 1oz i think it is, Screw it though, I will toke like i always have.
It's probably coming faster than you think. States don't want to be left behind, especially when neighboring states are raking in the revs and tax dollars. This is moving a whole lot faster than legalized gambling.

•••
The Alcohol/Tobacco business know that Cannabis will really cut into their profits..

Molson Coors Plans To Sell Marijuana-Infused Teas, Seltzers And Beer

We’re driven by being the first choice for consumers and customers, and [cannabis] is a new space that’s opening up,” Hunter said in an interview with Bloomberg. “It’s clear that the occasions that some of these alcohol-free drinks which will have THC and CBD components will be competing in similar occasions to alcohol.”

“Venturing into this in Canada allows us to do it in a very tight geography—we can incubate, we can test, we can learn,” he added. “And really, we had to decide whether we wanted to be a spectator or on the playing field.”

"Though alcohol companies know they want to make cannabis beverages, it’s not yet legal to mix marijuana and alcohol in the same product."

"
Molson Coors’s stock prices have been on a general downward trend since hitting a peak of around $111 US in late 2016, trading in the $60 range for most of the summer.

Meanwhile, tobacco companies are eyeing the marijuana space but have yet to make a strong move."

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/molson-coors-plans-to-sell-marijuana-infused-teas-seltzers-and-beer/

now this freaking awesome, Beer with THC, hit it with a shot of redbull , I hope Coors makes this happen.

•••

Peace,
Kenny

Yep, that is a possibility, but like you say, the money is really-really good, and these days, greed over rules law.

NewGrowers is a nice name, i dig it!

•••
Hey all -

CBDoil.org has been sold for $25k. The deal was brokered by media options :)

•••
Hey all -

Congrats mate! Epic sale!!

•••
Hey all -

Congrats @Keith !! This is great and as well wonderful to see in in the .org (as I have 2 nice one imo canna/pro. Not the same class but still great 👍🏻 thanks for sharing .

•••
Congrats @Keith !! This is great and as well wonderful to see in in the .org (as I have 2 nice one imo canna/pro. Not the same class but still great 👍🏻 thanks for sharing .
Thanks!

I actually sold the .com version of the domain you mentioned. It was one of the first canna domains I sold and let it go way too cheap!

•••
Thanks!

I actually sold the .com version of the domain you mentioned. It was one of the first canna domains I sold and let it go way too cheap!

Wow really , that’s awesome to know , thanks !

Could you DM the price and year if you don’t want to share it here ?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Wow really , that’s awesome to know , thanks !

Could you DM the price and year if you don’t want to share it here ?

@Keith nvm I figured out due to my own due diligence , Well done on that one 😉🐰

•••
•••
I'm trying my best not to buy gtlds or cctlds, but I couldn't pass this one up. I just got this domain.

20180928_102339.jpg

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back