IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ok I'm done. Thanks guys for giving me ideas. This is what NP is all about people helping other people get ideas with proper info. got these right now just after a few questions. here. Never really focused much on the whole oils and edibles and oils. I do see the value of "420" in a marijuana domain. The monthly searches alone for just 420 is huge. so Crap or Good? please let me know your honest and brutal opinion thanks.

YumCBD.com
420Tasty.com
420Delicious.com
THCYum.com
420Lush.com
Leafyum.com
RXYum.com

Also how do you all feel about the word Yummy mixed with any of these keywords above? Thanks.

•••
forgot to mention also RXEat.com

thanks for this. not sure it this is any good. but said what the heck?

Oils420.com
EatTHC.com

Hey, Mate! Hopefully you find the following somewhat helpful. While oils420 isn't the worst domain I've seen in this niche, the MJ niche is not like VR, where simply reversing terms still makes an OK name. Even some of the best and strongest names in this niche are having a hard time selling.

After being illegal for the past roughly 80 years, and still illegal in most places, the marijuana niche is far more complex, far more rigid, and far slower to come of age. There are extremely few buyers right now, and they are extremely picky.

Also, as mentioned earlier, THC is a cannabinoid, which is a chemical compound found inside cannabis. Last I checked people don't simply eat THC like a bag of chips, unless you're chowin' down your bag of weed, or something containing THC, such as pot brownies or other edibles. Give yourself an advantage and read up on what cannabinoids are, and the differences between them. A good start, in addition to Google and general books, would be to simply read this thread.

As for RXEat. What on earth!? Rx typically stands for prescription. While it may be a short domain, it makes little or no sense, IMO. Of course, names are subjective, and anything can happen, so this is just my .02...give or take a penny.

•••
Ok I'm done. Thanks guys for giving me ideas. This is what NP is all about people helping other people get ideas with proper info. got these right now just after a few questions. here. Never really focused much on the whole oils and edibles and oils. I do see the value of "420" in a marijuana domain. The monthly searches alone for just 420 is huge. so Crap or Good?
I will say that for a lot of my "420" names, I get more type-in traffic than the similar/same in the "marijuana" keyword.

•••
Ok I'm done. Thanks guys for giving me ideas. This is what NP is all about people helping other people get ideas with proper info. got these right now just after a few questions. here. Never really focused much on the whole oils and edibles and oils. I do see the value of "420" in a marijuana domain. The monthly searches alone for just 420 is huge. so Crap or Good? please let me know your honest and brutal opinion thanks.

YumCBD.com
420Tasty.com
420Delicious.com
THCYum.com
420Lush.com
Leafyum.com
RXYum.com

Also how do you all feel about the word Yummy mixed with any of these keywords above? Thanks.

I personally do not own any 420 names, so I couldn't say. Others here can surely help you with 420 info. That said, I would think even with 420, the names within this niche need to make sense, and should be grammatically correct, but that's just me.

Not trying to be harsh, but IMO, the money you just spent on these could have bought you a couple of much better names from the after-market, or even from members of this very thread. Consider starting a thread in the wanted section of NP with your budget, and try to get yourself some quality names within the marijuana niche.

Either way, wishing you best of luck with your names. Cheers!

•••
Hey, Mate! Hopefully you find the following somewhat helpful. While oils420 isn't the worst domain I've seen in this niche, the MJ niche is not like VR, where simply reversing terms still makes an OK name. Even some of the best and strongest names in this niche are having a hard time selling.

After being illegal for the past roughly 80 years, and still illegal in most places, the marijuana niche is far more complex, far more rigid, and far slower to come of age. There are extremely few buyers right now, and they are extremely picky.

Also, as mentioned earlier, THC is a cannabinoid, which is a chemical compound found inside cannabis. Last I checked people don't simply eat THC like a bag of chips, unless you're chowin' down your bag of weed, or something containing THC, such as pot brownies or other edibles. Give yourself an advantage and read up on what cannabinoids are, and the differences between them. A good start, in addition to Google and general books, would be to simply read this thread.

As for RXEat. What on earth!? Rx typically stands for prescription. While it may be a short domain, it makes little or no sense, IMO. Of course, names are subjective, and anything can happen, so this is just my .02...give or take a penny.

yea I know! RXEat.com sounds coo coo but I figured Well there is a "Trend" of sortas with people wanting to heal themselves "naturally" using raw food or whatever.

RX yes stands for prescription but thee other assumed meaning for it is medicine. so perhaps I can convince someone that

RXEAT.com can mean. Medicine to Eat.com lol FYI. EatRx.com? taken

RX= 201,000 monthly searches
Eat = 301,000 monthly searches.

I understand your point about THC being not something Edible it's a "Marijuana relationship" reference. Let's be honest majority of marijuana enthusiasts can't even tell the difference ( I bet)

when you show a typical person THC how many would even really know? I know I didn't.

it's all about "shortness" and getting the Gist of a domain. if I show someone Eat THC.com

People know Eat so that fine.
THC? most don't even know what it stands for. But THC is associated with Marijuana.

Eat Marijuana? too long?

If someone created a website on EatTHC.com I think based on the monthly searches alone for
Eat 301,000 monthly searches
THC 246,000 monthly searches

I'd be in a great position and can sit on these for a while.
a visitor to this website would "get it" they will see THC and thing oh this has to have some kind of Marijuana products in it that I can EAT.

i like my odds just based on that. plus I am a great salesman. I can sell marijuana edibles shop owners on it. just need to meet them face to face and bring them some good Hash brownies. lol

Thanks for your help though. I appreciate you looking out for me. but I am reckless and crazy and fly by the seat of my pants type guy. I already have a nice database of marijuana business owners shops for marijuana and vapes and edibles. This whole edibles is just a part of this niche I did not really focus much on.

of the list created today I'm sure one will be a $xxxx maybe low $xxxxx and that's a good day for me. just one the Google monthly searches alone I'm happy.

•••

YumCBD.com
420Tasty.com
420Delicious.com
THCYum.com
420Lush.com
Leafyum.com
RXYum.com

yea I know! RXEat.com sounds coo coo but I figured Well there is a "Trend" of sortas with people wanting to heal themselves "naturally" using raw food or whatever.

RX yes stands for prescription but thee other assumed meaning for it is medicine. so perhaps I can convince someone that

RXEAT.com can mean. Medicine to Eat.com lol FYI. EatRx.com? taken

RX= 201,000 monthly searches
Eat = 301,000 monthly searches.

I understand your point about THC being not something Edible it's a "Marijuana relationship" reference. Let's be honest majority of marijuana enthusiasts can't even tell the difference ( I bet)

when you show a typical person THC how many would even really know? I know I didn't.

it's all about "shortness" and getting the Gist of a domain. if I show someone Eat THC.com

People know Eat so that fine.
THC? most don't even know what it stands for. But THC is associated with Marijuana.

Eat Marijuana? too long?

If someone created a website on EatTHC.com I think based on the monthly searches alone for
Eat 301,000 monthly searches
THC 246,000 monthly searches

I'd be in a great position and can sit on these for a while.
a visitor to this website would "get it" they will see THC and thing oh this has to have some kind of Marijuana products in it that I can EAT.

i like my odds just based on that. plus I am a great salesman. I can sell marijuana edibles shop owners on it. just need to meet them face to face and bring them some good Hash brownies. lol

Thanks for your help though. I appreciate you looking out for me. but I am reckless and crazy and fly by the seat of my pants type guy. I already have a nice database of marijuana business owners shops for marijuana and vapes and edibles. This whole edibles is just a part of this niche I did not really focus much on.

of the list created today I'm sure one will be a $xxxx maybe low $xxxxx and that's a good day for me. just one the Google monthly searches alone I'm happy.
None will sell at all.

Take the time to learn and forget about registering new domains. Only buy on the aftermarket in this niche.

•••
None will sell at all.

Take the time to learn and forget about registering new domains. Only buy on the aftermarket in this niche.

I appreciate the advice. seriously thanks. I know you mean well. but.... one question?

What do you call an Aftermarket Marijuana Domain on the FIRST day it was registered?

Answer: A Fresh Handreg.

If I buy an aftermarket marijuana domain now at this point in the game. I'm only going to make someone Rich because they turned say $50 into $1000 or $5000 in just 1-6 years.

and then what am I going to do with it? try to resell it for what? $6000? $7000? immediately? NOPE. going to have to wait more years for that.

ROI in that scenario? 10%-20%? at best?

meanwhile the owner of the marijuana aftermarket domain I just bought from just made 10,000%? lol

Thanks but I'd rather take my chances sitting on my own creations. As they say you must always have confidence in your own creations. or else why even bother doing this? right? forgive me but I just can't do aftermarket. even at $200 that's still 20 x intial investment. that's better than any stock investment anyday.

•••
I appreciate the advice. seriously thanks. I know you mean well. but.... one question?

What do you call an Aftermarket Marijuana Domain on the FIRST day it was registered?

Answer: A Fresh Handreg.

If I buy an aftermarket marijuana domain now at this point in the game. I'm only going to make someone Rich because they turned say $50 into $1000 or $5000 in just 1-6 years.

and then what am I going to do with it? try to resell it for what? $6000? $7000? immediately? NOPE. going to have to wait more years for that.

ROI in that scenario? 10%-20%? at best?

meanwhile the owner of the marijuana aftermarket domain I just bought from just made 10,000%? lol

Thanks but I'd rather take my chances sitting on my own creations. As they say you must always have confidence in your own creations. or else why even bother doing this? right? forgive me but I just can't do aftermarket. even at $200 that's still 20 x intial investment. that's better than any stock investment anyday.
Forget marijuana domains. If you're going to succeed at trading domains, you need to find bargains. Your own creations are exactly that...your own. They aren't something that others will pay you for.

•••
Forget marijuana domains. If you're going to succeed at trading domains, you need to find bargains. Your own creations are exactly that...your own. They aren't something that others will pay you for.

I'll take that into consideration but if I listened to everyone on here. I wouldn't be making the money I have if I simply get disheartened by more experienced domainers on here. I've sold hand reg domains for a nice profit so it's not impossible. plus you have to also go with the "A sucker is born every minute" concept.

I know I might be the sucker in this equation but look the world is a huge place and the internet allows one to market to that huge world. saying no one will buy my domains is pretty absolute isn't it?

but if we say ok 7 billion people. no one will buy EatTHC.com? or RXEat.com?

I think the more believable and practical statement is that someone out of 7 billion people will buy. all you gotta do now is market to all 7 billion.

Right now China is buying random 5 letter domains like hotcakes. but if it has relevance? they drool even more.

We need to keep this in mind. Even 6 letter domains are viable with this hungry Chinese market.

•••
I'll take that into consideration but if I listened to everyone on here. I wouldn't be making the money I have if I simply get disheartened by more experienced domainers on here. I've sold hand reg domains for a nice profit so it's not impossible. plus you have to also go with the "A sucker is born every minute" concept.

I know I might be the sucker in this equation but look the world is a huge place and the internet allows one to market to that huge world. saying no one will buy my domains is pretty absolute isn't it?

but if we say ok 7 billion people. no one will buy EatTHC.com? or RXEat.com?

I think the more believable and practical statement is that someone out of 7 billion people will buy. all you gotta do now is market to all 7 billion.

Right now China is buying random 5 letter domains like hotcakes. but if it has relevance? they drool even more.

We need to keep this in mind. Even 6 letter domains are viable with this hungry Chinese market.
China buys numerical domains because they have meaning. Wtf is eatthc? Nobody says or does that. They might eat thc edibles or 420 edibles.

You're not going to outthink people that have been buying pot domains for ages now. The good registrations have been gone for years. Save your money

•••
Eatthc has been registered 5 times and dropped 4, you will be number 5 in a year, maybe 2.
Listen and learn, take it into consideration, those names are crap, you need to study the niche, and find good names either dropping or aftermarket. I have gone from 50 weed names down to 15
35 stupid hand reg's and I would trade those 15 for 1 good one. Quality not quantity
Like what I am smoking called The Purps
Throw the leaf in the garbage and get yourself some good bud, bud

•••
China buys numerical domains because they have meaning. Wtf is eatthc? Nobody says or does that. They might eat thc edibles or 420 edibles.

You're not going to outthink people that have been buying pot domains for ages now. The good registrations have been gone for years. Save your money

ok I'm going to stand down. Agree to disagree. moving on. I'm going to do what I do regardless. if I blow money that's on me. you can laugh at my later. only time will tell who is right or wrong so why argue. you're entitled to your belief and so am I. Thanks for your advice. experience isn't the measure of success. sometimes it's pure luck. or genetics.

Albert Einstein never finished college and became a Nobel Prize winner.

Again at some point a 10 year old domain was ONCE a hand reg.

New terms are being added to the dictionary every day. creating tons of opportunity to create contemporary relevant keyword domains. gotta love the kiddies when they start creating cool new sayings or words. once it becomes mainstream it becomes a dictionary word. these word did not exist 10 years ago so naturally couldn't be made into a domain. so great opportunity for a hand reg now.

just thee other day some teen said the word Thot or Slore or feen. never heard of it. and now it's here. and part of the lexicon.

this is just one example why hand reg have some potential.

alright I'm outta here. Thanks for the advice Keith. Good luck to you.

•••
Eatthc has been registered 5 times and dropped 4, you will be number 5 in a year, maybe 2.
Listen and learn, take it into consideration, those names are crap, you need to study the niche, and find good names either dropping or aftermarket. I have gone from 50 weed names down to 15
35 stupid hand reg's and I would trade those 15 for 1 good one. Quality not quantity
Like what I am smoking called The Purps
Throw the leaf in the garbage and get yourself some good bud, bud

lol ok there. seems like I'm pissing off people here. I'll try my luck. I think all those people who had EatTHC just sat on it waiting for bites and not outwardly trying to mark it. I'm not lazy. I'm a pretty good salesman. and this is what needs to be done. and I will do it. I'm not a lazy domainer. Good luck to you all. Thanks for the heads up about edibles and oils.

•••
lol ok there. seems like I'm pissing off people here. I'll try my luck. I think all those people who had EatTHC just sat on it waiting for bites and not outwardly trying to mark it. I'm not lazy. I'm a pretty good salesman. and this is what needs to be done. and I will do it. I'm not a lazy domainer. Good luck to you all. Thanks for the heads up about edibles and oils.
You're not making people angry, we're trying to help. In a year or two you'll understand that the domains you own will not sell...ever.

It comes down to experience. This isn't a knock but you're clearly new or green, lol. Some learn, some don't. Which are you?!

•••
lol I'm stubborn and uber confident. that's me. just because you give two choices New or Green. doesn't mean those are thee "only" choices lol I'm neither. I'm stubborn and confident.

but hey I think I can sell these (NOT ON NP lol) for at least $100 at thee end of the day. maybe in China market. who knows! I can be very convincing! I'm sold crap properties in the past in the real world real estate game. retired now due to disability. but this domain stuff is a great replacement.

I've sold crap domains to ghetto blasters who don't know any better.
I sell them on "the dream" that this or that domain will be great to start an income generating website. blah blah blah. and then mention and show them the google monthly searches and let them figure it out.

I don't sell to pros. I sell to those who don't know any better. lol

then I mention to them some domains that look and sound like crap and where at first glance it looks worthless. but show them it's a website operating on it like

Fiverr.com
or IFTTT.com
no_url_shorteners
oovoo.com
kik.com

and many many others that at first don't make sense.

you don't sell them on the domain. you sell them on the IDEA. that this domain will "change their lives".

Last edited:
•••
lol I'm stubborn and uber confident. that's me.
you don't sell them on the domain. you sell them on the IDEA. that this domain will "change their lives".
Kid, you've got moxie! (moxieweed avail)
Keep us posted on sales and developments... all the best of luck!

•••
Kid, you've got moxie! (moxieweed avail)
Keep us posted on sales and developments... all the best of luck!

Thanks! but I'm 42. Got more greys on my nuts than I can count! lol. Like I said I don't go into these thinking of making millions or hundreds of thousands just some beer and stripper money. lol but hey if someone is willing to give me $xxx,xxx? who am I to say no right? no matter what still win win. for me. and no I'm not going to ever sell these on NP. you guys are just too damn smart to fool! lol Good luck to everyone.

oh and umm I do have 5 days to get a credit to my registrar account if tomorrow I get second thoughts on any of these. lol so yea I do listen to you guys too once in a while. maybe. if EatTHC.com really did drop then maybe it's not a good buy. Credit! Thanks for that!

•••
Hopefully opportunity knocks and you are there to open the door.
I was just watching some stuff on tv about all the pot dispensary's in Vancouver having to close shop and was looking for domain names being used. Some very creative ones, they didnt need us. Once in a while someone does, and it better be good name. Even the one's I have are not that great. I did sell hempmart dot net years ago bin at sedo for 2500usd
I would have taken 100. Live and learn, but advice is very valuable, and we, well me anyways sure learned the hard way. Example. Cannabidiol paste, my childhood doctor
https://www.facebook.com/ernie.murakami?fref=ts talks about cbd cannabidiol oil,alot. I search every word he speaks.
So off I go reg cannabidiol paste dot com, heck I might as well grab the .org and .ca cover all the bases
.net sucks, yet was my biggest sale ever..
A year later, I had 3 renewals, but I only kept 1
I am still making stupid mistakes, maybe dropping the .org was stupid
Buying the .com a large pizza and a gram of bubba kush would have been the best first choice.
Your sticking to .com very good. Research.. if it is a hand reg, it will be available tomorrow.
If not, move on. Take your time, search the history
I'll give you 2 domain names that start with cbd, if you promise not to hand reg any pot names for 2 weeks, and read listen and learn about dope, I mean medical ganja. I am still learning, I learned people are searching for the ideal strain
Sorry I am harsh, blame the grower. Your thoughts and ideas are always welcome here
pm me your godaddy and i will send you 2 gifts

•••
Hopefully opportunity knocks and you are there to open the door.
I was just watching some stuff on tv about all the pot dispensary's in Vancouver having to close shop and was looking for domain names being used. Some very creative ones, they didnt need us. Once in a while someone does, and it better be good name. Even the one's I have are not that great. I did sell hempmart dot net years ago bin at sedo for 2500usd
I would have taken 100. Live and learn, but advice is very valuable, and we, well me anyways sure learned the hard way. Example. Cannabidiol paste, my childhood doctor
https://www.facebook.com/ernie.murakami?fref=ts talks about cbd cannabidiol oil,alot. I search every word he speaks.
So off I go reg cannabidiol paste dot com, heck I might as well grab the .org and .ca cover all the bases
.net sucks, yet was my biggest sale ever..
A year later, I had 3 renewals, but I only kept 1
I am still making stupid mistakes, maybe dropping the .org was stupid
Buying the .com a large pizza and a gram of bubba kush would have been the best first choice.
Your sticking to .com very good. Research.. if it is a hand reg, it will be available tomorrow.
If not, move on. Take your time, search the history
I'll give you 2 domain names that start with cbd, if you promise not to hand reg any pot names for 2 weeks, and read listen and learn about dope, I mean medical ganja. I am still learning, I learned people are searching for the ideal strain
Sorry I am harsh, blame the grower. Your thoughts and ideas are always welcome here
pm me your godaddy and i will send you 2 gifts

that's ok. kinda got bummed out over here a bit. I think I'm done with the MJ domain stuff for now. tomorrow might let go of some that as you mentioned were dropped several times before. I got 5 days to mull it over really so no loss there. I just want to grab it first before it's taken. always my MO. and then delete it in less than 5 days. no harm no foul.

•••
MjStuff that would have been a good one.
http://blogs.verisign.com/blog/entry/top_10_trending_keywords_in13
Maybe the top keywords will give you some ideas.

Never give up.

Almost nothing works the first time it's attempted. Just because what you're doing does not seem to be working, doesn't mean it won't work. It just means that it might not work the way you're doing it. If it was easy, everyone would be doing it, and you wouldn't have an opportunity.
http://www.bobparsons.me/bp_16_rules.php

•••
a couple of new ones:
esbuz
marijuanaworkersunion

•••

not to be a smartass after someone mentioning that EatTHC.com was dropped several times and all that stuf. decided to take a look at EatTHC.com before I deleted it and get a refund. this is the archived page for EatTHC.com back in just 2014. here's a screenshot.
eatTHC.jpg

Pretty nice. don't know why it didn't work out or why no one else grabbed this domain in the drop. but someone took the time to think of this domain's use as "food made with marijuana" enough so that they created a website on it. maybe they sucked at business. who knows? but if I show people this archive on the archive.org website?

I think I got a good chance of selling it on the "concept". like hey! check it out. someone actually made a website on this domain. proof of concept is always a great marketing tool.

there's a huge market designed specifically for business aftermarket where businesses are sold sometimes failed ones that people pick up for cheap so they can revamp it to a successful business. which really domains should fall under if they had a previous business on top of it. what doesn't work for one business might work for another.

Plus the word EAT is a huge keyword onto itself.

•••
Avail to reg:
Shizzle Weed

•••
I saw that earlier, thought you had slapped it up
and its not that bad of a name. I have seen worse .recently
Not much in google on it, however if you search "eatthc.com" this thread is #2
Build it out, .03 usd a day and it pays for itself.

•••
I saw that earlier, thought you had slapped it up
and its not that bad of a name. I have seen worse .recently
Not much in google on it, however if you search "eatthc.com" this thread is #2
Build it out, .03 usd a day and it pays for itself.

great thanks. and just sit on it.
you mean park it? or really dev it?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back