IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You’re confused. Nobody is saying that hemp is the same as cbd - 2 different things, both are wonderful for the body. If you think that the hemp edibles market isn’t going to be huge you’re wrong.
Im so not confused.
You’re confused. Nobody is saying that hemp is the same as cbd - 2 different things, both are wonderful for the body. If you think that the hemp edibles market isn’t going to be huge you’re wrong.
Im so not confused. But thanks

•••
•••
Although CBD can be derived from hemp and neither oils have psychoactive effects like THC waxes and shatters at dispensaries, CBD and hemp oils are made from different parts of the plant and have different purposes. ... Hemp oil is made from pressing hemp seeds and is used in a variety of products. It is a VERY complex plant with thousands of uses. The issue is understanding what part of the plant is used for what!

This came from Chronic Therapy but I know most people don't actually follow the links and read so I am posting it here...

"Hemp oil is fabricated from the plant called hemp. In other words, it is a hemp extract taken from the seeds of the plant. While this type of oil can be extracted from all plants in the cannabis genus, industrial hemp is the only plant used for hemp oil. This type of hemp is specifically produced industrially and the amount of psychoactive substances that are contained in it is minimal."

"CBD oil is the short form of the term cannabidiol oil. Cannabidiol is a natural component of industrial cannabis or hemp. CBD oil is cannabis oil that has a significant content of cannabidiol. It is made from the flowers, leaves and stalks of hemp and not from its seeds like hemp oil. CBD oil has become very popular in the medical marijuana industry, because it can be helpful in the treatment of various conditions without the typical intoxicating effects of marijuana use."

"Hemp and marijuana are cousins in the plant world, but marijuana has a much higher THC content than hemp. Hemp oil contains low levels of CBD – typically less than 25 parts per million – while CBD oil can be up to 15% CBD. Because the plants are related, some unscrupulous sellers of hemp oil are trying to market it for its medicinal value, which is negligible."
No one even cares on here. Well I should not say no one. But the truth is there. This is not new information.
Heck. After the process of mass production comes mass extraction. The brake down from useful to non usful is huge ! Im not going to agree with people on this. People need to be informed ! Its a god dam race to the BAnk and thats all people care about.

•••
•••
Keith, I am building out Replaced By Hemp /com to showcase all of the great things that Hemp can do. I have a few others I am going to build into it that is based on farming because my husband and I own a 30 acre horse farm and sell farms.
Long story short.
Had an Aunt, she had her entire body riddled with Cancer. We are going back over 30yrs ago. At the time none of this info was easy to obtain let alone find "drs" that were knowledgable on CBD.
She was told by the many , CBD oil from hemp is Garbage and its not gong to HELP you one bit ! ZERO. Nothing !
She stayed with this one "dr" for the rest of her life. She was consuming CBD from Cannabis with THC because the two properties work together in our body. Anyway. It extended her life. This was before all the News and Hype. All the marketing bull shit. The selling. The steeling.
Go talk to actual professions Kieth. If you think what your reading is true. Then thats your own opinion. Its a Race to the Bank. And im far from "Confused"

Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid known largely for its muscle relaxant properties. Isolated on its own, CBD is non-psychoactive and it’s been reported to be effective in treating seizures, even in young children.

CBD is found in both the drug-producing cannabis indica and hemp-producingcannabis sativa. Hemp CBD oil is extracted from industrial hemp, the c. sativaspecies of cannabis, which produces nearly none of the cannabinoid Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), but does produce some amount of the cannabidiol (CBD).

Last edited:
•••
No one even cares on here. Well I should not say no one. But the truth is there. This is not new information.
Heck. After the process of mass production comes mass extraction. The brake down from useful to non useful is huge ! Im not going to agree with people on this. People need to be informed ! Its a god dam race to the BAnk and thats all people care about.
Even before the internet :) I did my freshman college public speaking project on Jack Herer's The Emperor Wears No Clothes written in 1985. (I got an F and now a public speaker so suck it on opinions some days!🤑). Knowledge is power and educating yourself always pays dividends and in the case of this exploding market will make a huge difference in making big money and sitting on names. There is a ton of value in listening to the ones who have been around awhile as much as the ones who have been around awhile listening to those who "appear" new. Have an end game is key. For example; I was the buyer of Cannabis Law Offices .com that made the list of ones that someone paid more for than expected in auction. However, I already had a end user buyer with offices in 3 states for it when I bid on it. Every one of my sales for the past 5 years have been private sales as many others resellers have been so it is hard to comp what works but if you network with end user buyers, because a student of that industry and shop in categories they need it becomes a lot easier.

•••
...my husband and I own a 30 acre horse farm and sell farms.
I was interested in what you posted before about mapping leaf stuff. Seems canna property is a thing - these are live sites:

https://cannabisrealestateconsultants.com/

http://calcannabisrealtors.com/

https://www.420property.com/

BTW I hope this bit does not get zapped for being off topic, but I want to welcome the new members here and say how much I appreciate the info and humour all you people provide. Oh and I eat hempseed almost every day.

•••
Even before the internet :) I did my freshman college public speaking project on Jack Herer's The Emperor Wears No Clothes written in 1985. (I got an F and now a public speaker so suck it on opinions some days!🤑). Knowledge is power and educating yourself always pays dividends and in the case of this exploding market will make a huge difference in making big money and sitting on names. There is a ton of value in listening to the ones who have been around awhile as much as the ones who have been around awhile listening to those who "appear" new. Have an end game is key. For example; I was the buyer of Cannabis Law Offices .com that made the list of ones that someone paid more for than expected in auction. However, I already had a end user buyer with offices in 3 states for it when I bid on it. Every one of my sales for the past 5 years have been private sales as many others resellers have been so it is hard to comp what works but if you network with end user buyers, because a student of that industry and shop in categories they need it becomes a lot easier.
hey im just talking about actual healing qualities , thats all. i get it. i hope everyone makes money off all their Hemp names

•••
Long story short.
Had an Aunt, she had her entire body riddled with Cancer. We are going back over 30yrs ago. At the time none of this info was easy to obtain let alone find "drs" that were knowledgable on CBD.
She was told by the many , CBD oil from hemp is Garbage and its not gong to HELP you one bit ! ZERO. Nothing !
She stayed with this one "dr" for the rest of her life. She was consuming CBD from Cannabis with THC because the two properties work together in our body. Anyway. It extended her life. This was before all the News and Hype. All the marketing bull sh*t. The selling. The steeling.
Go talk to actual professions Kieth. If you think what your reading is true. Then thats your own opinion. Its a Race to the Bank. And im far from "Confused"

Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid known largely for its muscle relaxant properties. Isolated on its own, CBD is non-psychoactive and it’s been reported to be effective in treating seizures, even in young children.

CBD is found in both the drug-producing cannabis indica and hemp-producingcannabis sativa. Hemp CBD oil is extracted from industrial hemp, the c. sativaspecies of cannabis, which produces nearly none of the cannabinoid Delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), but does produce some amount of the cannabidiol (CBD).
Since this is a display your name thread... This would be a great place for your aunts story... I have CBD Cured Me /com and CBD Spas / com 😎

•••
@Leafurl mentioned womengrow - this is interesting:
https://www.sfchronicle.com/living/...or-the-canna-curious-in-the-over-13290477.php

She started with a cannabis-centric lifestyle site called Her Canna Life in 2016, and in 2017, expanded that into Ellementa, a company that hosts events for women to learn about cannabis, with a focus on those older than 35.

“The mature woman is the optimal demographic for cannabis because she reaches everyone — if you educate a woman like us, that means you are reaching our parents, our friends and our children,” she says.

And this - canna-curious tours, some of us remember Amsterdam that way if we can: https://www.sfchronicle.com/travel/article/Cannabis-tours-for-the-wild-or-the-wonky-13290593.php

Last edited:
•••
Since this is a display your name thread... This would be a great place for your aunts story... I have CBD Cured Me /com and CBD Spas / com 😎
for more of a reason other then Profit,,,,,,,,, i reg Cannabis Can Cure Cancer DotCom

also

CbdCanCureCancer dotCOm

Last edited:
•••
hey im just talking about actual healing qualities , thats all. i get it. i hope everyone makes money off all their Hemp names
There are health qualities in hemp and cbd. Both are beneficial in different ways. Both are here to stay and going to be huge!

•••
I was interested in what you posted before about mapping leaf stuff. Seems canna property is a thing - these are live sites:

https://cannabisrealestateconsultants.com/

http://calcannabisrealtors.com/

https://www.420property.com/

BTW I hope this bit does not get zapped for being off topic, but I want to welcome the new members here and say how much I appreciate the info and humour all you people provide. Oh and I eat hempseed almost every day.
Thanks! I am aware of these. This is a HUGE growing market and if you watch it is getting a ton of new funding. 420 Properties is just a listing portal and they are not licensed agents. Cal Cann Realtors is one woman (with lots of experience) and her daughter who just started. They are only in S. California serving one market and the domain will get "changed" at some point as a violation of trademark. Rick at Can RE Consultants is doing a good job. He is much younger, based in San Diego, and only been in commercial real estate less than 2 years vs the 25. We have a large national presence and licensed in multiple states with associates in multiple states so we will be able cover a lot more ground. We will be among the first, if not the first to have locations in multiple states and pre-existing national presence and recognition.

•••
There are health qualities in hemp and cbd. Both are beneficial in different ways. Both are here to stay and going to be huge!
dude. when do you cut off a length of a Domain name ? Like if it were not able to be abbreviated and the only way to write it is in actual length of its description ? Enough nickering im here to learn.
Thanks

•••
dude. when do you cut off a length of a Domain name ? Like if it were not able to be abbreviated and the only way to write it is in actual length of its description ? Enough nickering im here to learn.
Thanks
No clue what you’re asking.

•••
they sell a bunch of garbage right now , its just the unaware consumer that suffers . hemp gummies DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR YOU .
I'm saying. All of this should be well regulated , its going to hurt the CBD market. imo

CBD (the miracle drug <my opinion) is found in the male (hemp) and the female cannabis plant
https://healthyhempoil.com/hemp-cbd-vs-cannabis-cbd/
https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101/industrial-hemp-derived-cbd-whats-there-to-know
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol

Also @ThatDomainGuy when you make a statement, PLEASE include geography! CBD/THC is not exclusively a USA product!

Canada's equivalent of the FDA (USA) has approved a few CBD products..
"Nabiximols (brand name Sativex) is an aerosolized mist for oral administration containing a near 1:1 ratio of CBD and THC. The drug was approved by Canadian authorities in 2005 to alleviate pain associated with multiple sclerosis.[15] It is also prescribed in Sweden.[16][17]" (from wikipedia link)

Gummies/edibles are being regulated in Canada!

Canada is "breaking the ice" (test ground) with its legalization of cannabis..which should help the USA and the rest of the world!

Not "picking on you/trolling/etc" just stating a opinion..plus there are lurkers/guests that come to this thread...Search bots also visit this thread from search engine queries!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This thread was downsized because of "emotions" by a mod that is very tolerant! Now maybe next time there will be warnings issued or more severe actions!

I lost a few links that I found informative because of the "downsizing" (I should have book marked them but still)...Information is power...sometimes that "power" helps me sell domains!

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
cbdpetfoodshop:cat:
hope this comes good even tho its 4word name.:bag:

•••
lol how many characters , letters ? The length of the Domain. i see many sites that are long , almost sentence like ex what was just posted https://cannabisrealestateconsultants.com
General "rule of thumb" is 15 characters or less...but that just a general guideline!
Brandables seem to be short characters (five letters), check out Brandbucket/ etc there thread on the forum about names on that site..

Cannabis = 8 letters
Real estate = 10 letters
Consultants = 11 letters
But all good keywords!

•••
I think the value drastically drops for domains longer than 2 words. There are too many good investments to mess around with 3 or 4 word names.
The number of usable permutations goes way up when you get to three word domains and it explodes when you get to four - end users have a huge choice for reg fee.
cbdpetfoodshop:cat:
hope this comes good even tho its 4word name.:bag:
A number of free domains have been posted earlier in this thread, some are quite short - there are many free workable cbdpet + keyword combos, not sure any enduser would buy them aftermarket though. I see a lot of domains in use selling CBD and pet CBD that domainers would laugh at - but for reg fee it works for the owner unless they really want people to remember it. A short domain looks good on a product and website and its memorable so it's worth paying for.

Possibly voice inputs will make longer domains more acceptable but only if people can remember them.

As for cannabisrealestateconsultants, until a few days ago they could have grabbed leafconsult for regfee.

Last edited:
•••
I found this posting informative about "greatest opportunities in three areas" "Brandable domains", "Trend Domains" and "Traffic domains"

Even mentions "leasing"...

I have about 100 domains I am building out to "match" the business that I plan to "Lease". I made Brewed Buds public as an example for y'all (still needs work but the gist is there). Statistics show that more than 80% of businesses fail in the first 2 years and the value of the domain is going to increase, especially if the business is putting money into getting traffic. Most can't afford the start up costs of a great domain and a website and few budget for the shock in pre-planning. Just like lease purchase with a house, a large downpayment, a monthly payment and then in the end most are returned to be able to repeat that process or purchased at a rate pre-determined upfront which is almost always speculative and above current market. I see them as identical business concepts, just that the domain and website are virtual property :)

•••
9E2B3F5B-C82C-44F4-BB75-ACCE61CB7806.jpeg
I have went ahead with it. I could be wrong but I find this 3 word possibly usable, especially if the Farm Bill is passed. It’s going to be a Hemp Farm explosion.
What’s the do you veterans think?
Mahalos

•••
Show attachment 99609 I have went ahead with it. I could be wrong but I find this 3 word possibly usable, especially if the Farm Bill is passed. It’s going to be a Hemp Farm explosion.
What’s the do you veterans think?
Mahalos

I'm certainly not a veteran, but I did notice a Hemp Hoe along with a Hemp Shovel and a Hemp Rake are all available to work your Hemp Garden. Good luck!

•••
I'm certainly not a veteran, but I did notice a Hemp Hoe along with a Hemp Shovel and a Hemp Rake are all available to work your Hemp Garden. Good luck!
They are of no interest to me , nor would i think anyone else. You cant just stick the words on anything. I have not checked but I do not think theres a particular shovel thats designed to DIG just Hemp out of the ground ? A good hoe though ,,, now thats useable :ROFL: Thanks for the thought

•••
It's not necessarily about domain rules and longstanding principals.

The above formentioned I only have two word domains %100 in .com. 0 brandables and few regionals.

More permitts more startups. And as the quality two words get gobbled up, its onto secondarys. Same goes with words.

Now is different than 7 months from now. Things are happening that fast.

Example is mega deals in CBD. Sure Kieth will say it's been many years in the making and he's right, But infact Cronos ( cbd play at Carona Beer ) has tripled in value since July. That's a metric that's 12 weeks old. If one were that smart and so brilliant at those metrics well you'd be rich.

One thing few understand here also is the importance of a good domain to a cannabis startup. They can't get real trademarks. So at best a statewide one, and that's a almost.

If u touch the product anywhere in the system your not trademark enabled in the federal system. Federal courts.

Some creative players are working around the system. But all one needs is some creep competitor to turn you in, and your toast.

If you make equipment, are a digital portal , a online school, some online auction. Your good you don't touch one thinks like this from a investment position as well, FDIC money well you can't go near the federal financial platforms.

Example: Microsoft bought a cloud data bank service for seed to sale. That's okay

Monsanto can't go near a cannabis seed.

This is changing although the principals are sound and enforceable. No one trusts Sessions and Trumpn is a wild card.

What I'm getting at is a trademark free domain is in many or most cases the closest a Cannabis company can do to actually own a marketing idea. In most cases in state and absolutely federally.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back