Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
.com
washingtoncannabisclubs
bostoncannabisdispensaries
suitemarijuana

growingmarijuana .us
Unfortunately I don't think I can own a .ca, once I tried but for my whois, it didn't like me.

I believe .ca is for those who actually live in Canada. You might double check the restrictions to be sure.

•••
I believe .ca is for those who actually live in Canada. You might double check the restrictions to be sure.

Yes there are restrictions in place for sure but an easy work around is to partner up with a Canadian citizen who can create the account and buy the names and then you can broker them. I did this with my dad a few years back- we have these names and about 10 others:
PotDelivery
PotShops
PotStores
MarijuanaStores
MarijuanaShops
Dispensaries
CannabisInc
HempInc
BuyCBD

(And with regard to the popularity and value of .ca, I'd say it has yet to show itself. Just the other day we hand reg'd CannabisStores.ca. It's not an amazing name, but it is very relevant, and if a name like this is still available, the market is far from on fire, imo)

•••
just received another weak ass 5 figure offer for doob.
gonna hold out for the big money on this one.
need cash for coke and hookers.

•••
CannabisMedicinePlant.com

Cannabis.cx

•••
Yes there are restrictions in place for sure but an easy work around is to partner up with a Canadian citizen who can create the account and buy the names and then you can broker them. I did this with my dad a few years back- we have these names and about 10 others:
PotDelivery
PotShops
PotStores
MarijuanaStores
MarijuanaShops
Dispensaries
CannabisInc
HempInc
BuyCBD

(And with regard to the popularity and value of .ca, I'd say it has yet to show itself. Just the other day we hand reg'd CannabisStores.ca. It's not an amazing name, but it is very relevant, and if a name like this is still available, the market is far from on fire, imo)

Agreed, the .ca market is far from on fire, and will likely not be blazing (pun intended) to any great extent until legalization happens, or so it seems. I'm not in Canada, so my view is from the outside looking in.

That aside, I don't doubt that .ca will have a strong market presence, but that presence will likely be limited to their own backyard, unless they lift the restriction. Partnering may indeed be a way to circumvent that, for those so inclined. However, it could very well have added challenges.

Time will tell. Regardless, it will be interesting to see how it all plays out, both in The States, and Canada. In the interim, those just entering this niche should stick with .com, and the aftermarket, IMO.

...gl to us all.

•••
Evidently I sold a Canada "hemp" .com domain last week via Afternic for $250. They never informed me, but it is showing as sold in my account. Hopefully this is the start to many Canada domain sales.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I had an offer by e-mail and sold the domain over Escrow.com
Excellent!! I've just learned the email methods. I need to really put it to use! Thank you!!

•••
picked one up a couple of weeks back in .com

HollywoodCannabis

•••
•••
•••
@Jason.tv

I received an offer about an hour ago through the PotDomains.com site. In the email I received, there is an option to click a link to be forwarded to the site to respond to the offer. However, the link leads here: http://wedomain.com/pre-launch/profile/domain_request.

I can login to the site to respond to the offer. I just wanted to let you know about the link.

Great site. Thanks for the opportunity to list there.

•••
@Jason.tv

I received an offer about an hour ago through the PotDomains.com site. In the email I received, there is an option to click a link to be forwarded to the site to respond to the offer. However, the link leads here: http://wedomain.com/pre-launch/profile/domain_request.

I can login to the site to respond to the offer. I just wanted to let you know about the link.

Great site. Thanks for the opportunity to list there.
Thanks for the heads up. We pulled the script over from WeDomain which is why you got that. These things are currently getting fixed.

FYI, lots of offers coming in!

•••
I own

Marijuuana
and weedabo
both in com

•••
Vermont update
Legislative session ending May 12
Up for vote
It may pass.

4 plants per resident
Half ounce possession

Unlimited 500 Sq ft grows, 250 plants plus or minus. Think farm to table farmers and market garden . Lots of small url opportunitys.

30 or so other permits for 1000 to 10,000 plants.

Jan 2018 rollout

•••
Hello everyone,

In process of listing on the following domain for Godaddy auction: (What is the best category?).

Cann-abis dot com
Mar-ijuana dot com
Marij-uana dot com.

•••
Hello everyone,

In process of listing on the following domain for Godaddy auction: (What is the best category?).

Cann-abis dot com
Mar-ijuana dot com
Marij-uana dot com.
Save your money and don't register these names

•••
saw this on my linkedin feed.

The Weed Wheel was presented at Canna-Tech in Israel the other month. http://www.canna-tech.co/ (Video 4:00) Please visit the Weed Wheel. CannabiScope™: an Instrument for Cannabis Classification http://www.cannabiscope.com/ aka www.WeedWheel.com

Interesting combo with keyword WEED.
who woulda thought right? lol

but the thing that sticks out for me with this update is ISRAEL. seems to be the place to be for Weed tech.

I'm all in with my MarijuanaIsrael.com

Edit. damn I need to really check my Linkedin Messages more frequently. This was message from 2016. so old knews really. sorry guys.! lol

Last edited:
•••
saw this on my linkedin feed.

The Weed Wheel was presented at Canna-Tech in Israel the other month. http://www.canna-tech.co/ (Video 4:00) Please visit the Weed Wheel. CannabiScope™: an Instrument for Cannabis Classification http://www.cannabiscope.com/ aka www.WeedWheel.com

Interesting combo with keyword WEED.
who woulda thought right? lol

but the thing that sticks out for me with this update is ISRAEL. seems to be the place to be for Weed tech.

I'm all in with my MarijuanaIsrael.com

Edit. damn I need to really check my Linkedin Messages more frequently. This was message from 2016. so old knews really. sorry guys.! lol

It happens! It's not as much checking messages more frequently, but rather verifying the content before posting. Kind of hard to miss 2016 on the video title. Still has good info, despite being last year.

Their link below has this year's summit:
https://www.canna-tech.co

•••
I Have been getting a lot of offers lately more in the last week than in the last several months.I think things are beginning to pick up and I think those with quality domains will do even better in the near future but the key to sales is to have quality domains that people want,need and can actually use for a company,business or product.I think most anybody can get sales in the 2 to 3 figures but 4 figures and above is a whole other story.I specialize in quality higher figure sales.

•••
Sale on namebio today - not me - what would you use this domain for?

hempwater.com 3,001 USD 2017-04-30 GoDaddy

•••
Sale on namebio today - not me - what would you use this domain for?

hempwater.com 3,001 USD 2017-04-30 GoDaddy
Cannabis/hemp infused water is one possibility

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back