Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I do bro. Dot ca is no better than tv, co, us...but .io is better. As always, .com is the absolute standard and will achieve maximum value.

Yes .com is king its your 2-3 figure valuation which is out to lunch. Ive been selling .ca in this niche for a few years now. I'll let go of 420day for 4 figures down the road no problem. Canada uses .ca over .com. if I have the duo combo .com and .ca perfect. The alternative is to match .ca with the gtld.

Last edited:
•••
Yes .com is king its your 2-3 figure valuation which is out to lunch. Ive been selling .ca in this niche for a few years now.
Ah, until you sell 420day.ca for more than $100, you can't say it's worth more.

•••
Ah, until you sell 420day.ca for more than $100, you can't say it's worth more.

Lol I have sold many .ca's none for 100$ :)

•••
Lol I have sold many .ca's none for 100$ :)
We're not talking about many, we're talking about 1 in specific. Any enduser, if given the choice, would opt for .com. In this case I'll sell for low $xxxx. Where does that leave something like .ca?

•••
Either you sell .ca's in this niche and know or you don't. Is .com better sure, do quality .ca s have value? Yup!

•••
oops, wrong thread

Attachments

• logoemo.png
    logoemo.png
    663.1 KB · Views: 40
•••
Acquired CannaStore. Very happy with this as it was purchased a few years ago from buydomains for double what I paid.

Congrats Keith. That's a steal!

•••
Registered MariaJuana.org

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
I see that there is a heated discussion on the value of.com vs .ca.I think that they both have value but .com is king in value and popularity but that being said in some countries they prefer their country extension such as germany,I don't know if canada is the same? I think it also mattters if a company or business is looking for more of a local or global reach and even then some companies may stil prefer their country extension.I think for global reach .com is best for local reach the country extension is fine.99% of the domains I own are .com

Last edited:
•••
•••
In Michigan
Ready
Currently 42,000 caregivers estimates are with the new legislation fees from 10g per 500 plants, seed to sale taxes of %21 on retail.

Unlimited grower, extract, stores and transport permit.

Estimated growers 30,000
Estimated stores. 90,000
Estimated extract. 3,000
Estimated tranporter3,000

+ brands, vape, cookies, sodas, dog treats, the list is endless.

That's about 120,000 canna,leaf, 420, Cbd and other related urls..needed.

If Michigan is any example of California or a province or so in Canada the list goes on and on.....all of us with these urls...will have no problem selling.

Urls in Cannabis as we all know have extra significance for there are no trademarks in this game. Especially with Sessions.

Last edited:
•••
95% of the future needs of any Cannabis related urls has yet to even be considered.

First we need the vote. Check
Next the new laws
Next the regulations and permitt
Next the investors
Next the needs of your new licence, equipment, store leases, website. ..and a great canna, leaf, cbd, 420 url.

Expect the above starting in the Fall.

Just LA County in California is a larger market than Colorado...all of it.

Last edited:
•••
95% of the future needs of any Cannabis related urls has yet to even be considered.

First we need the vote. Check
Next the new laws
Next the regulations and permitt
Next the investors
Next the needs of your new licence, equipment, store leases, website. ..and a great canna, leaf, cbd, 420 url.

Expect the above starting in the Fall.

Just LA County in California is a larger market than Colorado...all of it.
Hopefully I can find a buyer for my "L A Releaf"

Last edited:
•••
In Michigan
Ready
Currently 42,000 caregivers estimates are with the new legislation fees from 10g per 500 plants, seed to sale taxes of %21 on retail.

Unlimited grower, extract, stores and transport permit.

Estimated growers 30,000
Estimated stores. 90,000
Estimated extract. 3,000
Estimated tranporter3,000

+ brands, vape, cookies, sodas, dog treats, the list is endless.

That's about 120,000 canna,leaf, 420, Cbd and other related urls..needed.

If Michigan is any example of California or a province or so in Canada the list goes on and on.....all of us with these urls...will have no problem selling.

Urls in Cannabis as we all know have extra significance for there are no trademarks in this game. Especially with Sessions.
Thanks so much for the additional encouragement!!

•••
Anybody getting any action from the Kruse family these days?

•••
Haven't sold to them in quite a while. Last I heard they were no longer buying. Others here are far more active in terms of selling, and may have better knowledge if the consult group still actively seeking domains.

Last edited:
•••
Last week the New York Times did a overview, a simple explanation of the LA times new cannabis editor.

The author simply said the fireworks haven't even started in this soon to be billion dollar industry.

One advice is to steer clear of the no no words on Seo, cross state and Google. I thought that marketing ( trademarks ), and banking were the first to get federal approvals. That's not happening.

Although the federal government stance is holding off large scale investors, in lighting Phillips, GE and the like. Allows for smaller startups . Thus more urls and brands. It's a silver lining of sorts.

I think it's going to be in Canna Cbd and Leaf, minor plays in weed, ganga, Marijuana and Cannabis. You simply can't cross state lines with Marijuana in marketing.
Canna and Cbd , and Leaf apparently is fine.

Although regional nuances in certain markets could bring minor plays and make them major.

Leaflink.com is going to handle the b2b space and Leafly.com the consumer market.

I follow the equipment side of things more, less about branding. Although I do own a few thousand canna,cbd and leaf .Com urls.

My position is to hold until the Fall .

Last edited:
•••
I do bro. Dot ca is no better than tv, co, us...but .io is better.
Is this your belief or are there actual stats?

I know there is a Google.ca, Amazon.ca (and available in most countries extension) BUT never seen a google.tv etc

Anyway starting too invest in (dot)ca
currently own
BC420.ca
420Ont.ca
420Alberta.ca
Maybe not the best, but just starting to study the "premium" keywords in that niche..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)

•••
Is this your belief or are there actual stats?

I know there is a Google.ca, Amazon.ca (and available in most countries extension) BUT never seen a google.tv etc

Anyway starting too invest in (dot)ca
currently own
BC420.ca
420Ont.ca
420Alberta.ca
Maybe not the best, but just starting to study the "premium" keywords in that niche..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)
It's my belief that .ca is extremely limited - no different than any other cc. When you deal with .com you're dealing on a global level that everyone recognizes.

•••
It's my belief that .ca is extremely limited - no different than any other cc. When you deal with .com you're dealing on a global level that everyone recognizes.
Totally agree with your statement about a (dot)com....just couldn't understand your comparison to those other extensions!

•••
Since theirs a Canada presence here, exactly how do you see the new Cannabis laws playing out...and a time line if possible.

Obviously the .Com issue vs. Ca..has just been touched on.

Thanks in advance

•••
.com
washingtoncannabisclubs
bostoncannabisdispensaries
suitemarijuana

growingmarijuana .us
Unfortunately I don't think I can own a .ca, once I tried but for my whois, it didn't like me.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back