Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
...that's great! There are some great domainers that live there.
I still know that Israel has performed extensive tests on mmj and is STILL doing them...

I guess there are some.
Israel is a very conservative country despite the creativity and innovation going on.
Marijuana is still illegal and will remain illegal for years. The news is about the new policies against marijuana smokers (gonna have light penalties from now on)
About medical marijuana you have a point but im not sure its gonna be branded with israel as the Israeli government is highly against and would like things to be behind the scenes.
Might be wrong lol

Last edited:
•••
I guess there are some.
Israel is a very conservative country despite the creativity and innovation going on.
Marijuana is still illegal and will remain illegal for years. The news is about the new policies against marijuana smokers (gonna have light penalties from now on)
About medical marijuana you have a point but im not sure its gonna be branded with israel as the Israeli government is highly against and would like things to be behind the scenes.
Might be wrong lol

...I got KosherHemp...

•••
Just saw this and I have a pretty good one.

SmokeThis.com can be used for reviews, ratings, strain types, lineage, etc.

•••
weedlover.club
potlovers.club

•••
Today

Wisconsin in play in the legislature
Connecticut as well with discussion of recreational . For sure medical coming.
Massachusetts
Trying to interpret the ballot initiative
It's looking like 2 cannabis stores for every 10 liquor licenses. Taxes of %17 state and 3 local.
Tons of stores..and branding opportunity.

For domains it's all about the volume of permitted store's, edible and oil companies as well as growers.

Does anyone have a handle on the West Coast?

•••
Sales on namebio today - not me

thcq.com 2,205 USD 2017-03-08 DropCatch
justbakeit.com 1,200 USD 2017-03-08 BuyDomains
reallydope.com 510 USD 2017-03-08 GoDaddy

Last edited:
•••
$1500 offer from Sedo
MedicalMarijuana. ph

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
As this moves twords taxable seed to sale.

The old " grey " market will either close legally or be forced to.

Same in Michigan. Peers are closing to become legal.

•••
Sold CBDdistillery for $3k. Regged it for $8 about 6 months ago. That's a scratch off winner!

•••
Sold CBDdistillery for $3k. Regged it for $8 about 6 months ago. That's a scratch off winner!
Nice profit! I don't have too many CBDs, unfortunately.

•••
•••
Florida

Their may be some interpretation errors here but it's a general sense.

For us. .as of now a complete joke;farce
Complete Monopoly.

In the url; branding end . It's all about how many business get setup within the guidelines.

This week things went from bad to very bad.

In Florida there's 10+- permits handed out these are vertical operation, growing, extract and stores. Each guy put up 3.5 million in permitting fees plus half a million in lobbying. They each essentially got one county each. Their 200,000 plant permitts I think. One company has all of Miami Dade for reference.

The only customers ( patients ) were for epilepsy. A total of 600+- registered.

Minnesota has the same problems.

So of course things aren't going to work, it goes to ballot after a lot of energy. It's loosely written on the initiative, extended illness and growers.

This week they added 5 growers and end of life as well as minor sickness. Not the big one ...pain

And the also banned all edibles.

So make a long story short. 0 business in Florida. Well 5 new businesses that don't have to try to hard...they have monopolies.

Aka...their not going to want to pay for one of our urls...no reason.

Last edited:
•••
Massachusetts

The debates went on all week trying to minimize the ballot vote.

Well there's great news here.

The wording was recreational stores and so on. Very vague.

It's being edited to 2 Cannabis Stores for every alcohol permitted establishment within the region; town, city and village.

No reference to banning edibles or oil and shatter. Short of regulation of such and taxes.

Every small town is in play. ..there should he thousands of branding and url opportunitys...in Massachusetts.

On a smaller aspect of this market...home growing went from a aggregate of household persons to 6 plant's in total.

For supplies and nutrients soil lines and garden centers and hydro stores. .this is great for them.

Last edited:
•••
Florida

Their may be some interpretation errors here but it's a general sense.

For us. .as of now a complete joke;farce
Complete Monopoly.

In the url; branding end . It's all about how many business get setup within the guidelines.

This week things went from bad to very bad.

In Florida there's 10+- permits handed out these are vertical operation, growing, extract and stores. Each guy put up 3.5 million in permitting fees plus half a million in lobbying. They each essentially got one county each. Their 200,000 plant permitts I think. One company has all of Miami Dade for reference.

The only customers ( patients ) were for epilepsy. A total of 600+- registered.

Minnesota has the same problems.

So of course things aren't going to work, it goes to ballot after a lot of energy. It's loosely written on the initiative, extended illness and growers.

This week they added 5 growers and end of life as well as minor sickness. Not the big one ...pain

And the also banned all edibles.

So make a long story short. 0 business in Florida. Well 5 new businesses that don't have to try to hard...they have monopolies.

Aka...their not going to want to pay for one of our urls...no reason.
I sold a FL domain a few months ago for $XXX about 2 months after I regged it.

•••
There is always a lot of hype about states and different policys.

I heard this from many a Florida resident. In the end it's a limited market. Similar to Ohio and Minnesota as well as Florida.

Leafline labs I follow, their in Minnesota. Nice nice operation, great branding with Leaf.

Our sales short of blockbuster urls..will come from

Think storefronts, edible lines from sodas to beer, to ice cream.

California
Maine
Massachusetts
Michigan

For us in my belief it's about the volume and diversification of the new either ballot iniatives or legislate action.

Maine is going to be a great market.

I have ; call me crazy

420lobster.com + reverse
Leaflobsters.com
Coastaleaf.com
Coastalleaf.com

All the cities in Maine in Leaf and some coastal stuff.

Last edited:
•••
Am I wrong? I have bong . guru. I sort of think it has no value but was floored that estibot puts a value of $1700. I know estibot is not good, at all, but what do you think bong/guru could possibly fetch, if anything.
And, if you want it, PM me an offer. :)

Last edited:
•••

Killer ROI right there, Keith!
Like 18,000%!

•••
I have Kush.Buzz

I'm wondering what it's worth, I haven't put it up anywhere yet. I'm usually not too big on .buzz, but in this case, it makes sense. I know that 420.buzz is being used, so I'm sure this would be valuable to the right end user.

•••
In regulated markets extracts and the like have reduced smoking and traditional old school methods by 58%.

Same with many growers, focused on vegatative and less about the flower.

Watch firefly

and like the above cbd sale discussed ,it's all about vape, shatter and oils.

Although I feel only 5% to 15% of existing cannabis ( future ) companies have actually begun to look for a name, and or brand.

I'm a flower grower with 30 year's involved in cut flower's. I currently am involved in a environment controller in test for both this industry and leafy greens.

My side passion is collecting cannabis urls:). I'm heavy into Leaf. Thank you Leafly.

Although Leaf may be before it's time. But that's the name of this game...

Because of the lack of trademarks in this industry, these urls we have are especially important.

Last edited:
•••
In regulated markets extracts and the like have reduced smoking and traditional old school methods by 58%.

Same with many growers, focused on vegatative and less about the flower.

Watch firefly

and like the above cbd sale discussed ,it's all about vape, shatter and oils.

Although I feel only 5% to 15% of existing cannabis ( future ) companies have actually begun to look for a name, and or brand.

I'm a flower grower with 30 year's involved in cut flower's. I currently am involved in a environment controller in test for both this industry and leafy greens.

My side passion is collecting cannabis urls:). I'm heavy into Leaf. Thank you Leafly.

Although Leaf may be before it's time. But that's the name of this game...

Because of the lack of trademarks in this industry, these urls we have are especially important.

Unfortunately, SweetLeaf is being used by that sugar extract company. That is the ultimate leaf for me. We have dispensaries named SweetLeaf here, but they obviously don't have the main domain.

•••
Sweetleaf, nice name, anything " tea " related or gold ...was gone long before Leafly. Gold leaf hydroponics has the same issue, in bloomington.

I read hear leafvape.com is owned by a Japanese concern, and there is a leaf.com, heard through the rumor mill they turned down 5mil. If anyone knows more please chime in...

Their is a e leaf. It's a active vape with trademarks in the liquid portion of Vape.

I own leafhi.com, got a odd call from Japan as well asking my intent guy offered 5 grand that was pre election I declined.

Leafhi.com

Their is a Leaf small box ..they call themselves leaf, although there are no Trademarks filed , their is some patents.
Seems risky...for Leaf in the single form is owned by Nissan and a women's vibrator, crazily enough. Leafgro.com is a old school compost company. ..with many horticulture marks.

Leaf is in the public domain otherwise.

I believe the future on retail will be canna and leaf some 420.

Leaf has easy conversion from medical to recreational in markets shifting. It's clean and seo and social media friendly.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back