IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering what the general thoughts are about whether the recent trend to legalize marijuana will boost the prices of pot-related domains?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol, well first you have to have a business plan. You obviously have to obtain $8+ per year to cover base costs. So with whatever plan you can figure from 1 domain to make $X + profit...thats how you do it.

Or you come up with another plan that's better...just like with DNF. just because they have that TM'd doesn't mean it's at all the best. Because then you'd wonder the best at what, and worst at what?

I think honestly maybe domains isnt for you. If you can't buy a domain and know you'll sell it within X years then you need to be buying it and already before you buy it, have a website planned that you will place on it. Or park it. There are many options.....

I believe people are relying on things such as parking, and sells, and search engines because they are too afraid to make something just as powerful to succeed. Believe me, I'm working myself and its a lot of work to develop. But don't let your mind be restricted to the only ideas that are out there. There's always something better, but that doesn't mean you can just have ideas. Some companies are open source, some are not.

Linux is free but Windows costs and is more popular. Doesn't mean it's the best

•••
If i was a programing master i would make a tonne of coin with 800 domains.

•••
800-domain plan is not for everyone obviously. You have to have a fully structured plan (which he outlined some of) and you have to even be willing to work, and on top of that, keep working to build. So whatever plan he offers you could change easily tomorrow in a new direction, if it hasn't already.

I don't see an 800+ domain business plan being easily spelled out, it's quite possibly a growing strategy in iteself

•••
Conceive, Believe, Achieve

•••
I have known and do know people with 1K or more of domains.
Some make a killing on parking their domains.
Others break even at the worst.
So anyone with 800 domains is okay by my book.
And I am sure he is and does plan everything to a business plan that works for him.

•••
unless there are server restrictions, plan ahead for that lol

•••
•••
I think there are some good names

420PRESS
420JOKES
420COMICS
420CHRISTMAS

Are all good imo, i just grabbed a few i saw but there are others.

•••
I think its some good content :P

•••
•••
it's jason from jason.tv

[/QUOTE]

•••
•••
•••
Thanks. I knew I could count on others ignorance to give me a laugh LOL. If he does well it only reinforces the argument that 420 domains are of value. Never mind you can not see any further than your nose..

I've already created a website useful in researching and regging drone domain names. Every time I link to it here the mods freak out. But people here have been using it regularly. It has great traffic stats and has already been receiving referrals from other websites (that I didn't solicit), which in my book is a vote of quality.

If you want to suggest I'm ignorant, or just blowing smoke, why don't you show us a website you created? Come on. Go ahead and post your best piece of work, for all of us to see. Or offer some other proof that you're not just another insecure blowhard, trolling a domain name forum because you have nothing better to do with your time.

Tomorrow I'll be finishing up a general-purpose domain-regging tool. Watch for it in the services forum. That will give you an of idea of what I'm capable of doing in, and illustrate even further what you lack, as far as abilities go.

And by December 27th 420regs.com to will point to the most comprehensive listing of weed/marijuana/420/hemp/stoner/pothead domain names in the entire world. You'll probably want to use it at some point. And when you do, you can remember this conversation. Watch for it in the services forum as well.

And finally, here are a couple of tips you might want to to consider the next time you attempt to sound all smart on namepros.

1.) 'Others', used in the possessive sense, has an apostrophe.
2). The words 'can' and 'not' should be combined into one: cannot.

•••
And by December 27th 420regs.com to will point to the most comprehensive listing of weed/marijuana/420/hemp/stoner/pothead domain names in the entire world. You'll probably want to use it at some point. And when you do, you can remember this conversation. Watch for it in the services forum as well.

Hi really looking forward to that - the dronames.com one is seriously useful for seeing what is taken and doing comparisons of what the domains on offer are being priced at, and what keywords are being regged. The weed one may attract a lot more interest because it seems to me a lot of people outside the domainer pool are taking an interest in speculating on weed names.

Didn't expect to be on here over xmas but unexpectedly just sold another weed baby before its first birthday, so I've been out looking for new inventory. Got a few xmas com giveaways here in the spirit of goodwill.... yes these are free in .com...

hempcookery
420ful
420folk
weedeli
weedron
420vapey
cbdgeeks
cbdfaqs
weedknowhow
weed-oil
marijuanaessences

Last edited:
•••
Wow I missed some debate while I was away.

Just want to say, beauty is in the buy of the beholder - and the bank balance of the seller. Nobody knows everything about domains, and I keep learning new stuff here.

About the whole TM issue here the key question to me is:

Will someone want to buy the domain???

1) If there are two forums about a rare breed of cat will someone start a third?

2) If they believe, rightly or wrongly, that there is a risk of TM on a term will they want to use it, let alone pay extra for it?

3) If they want to distinguish themselves from the others won't they want something original and distinctive to stand out?

Last edited:
•••
I've already created a website useful in researching and regging drone domain names. Every time I link to it here the mods freak out. But people here have been using it regularly. It has great traffic stats and has already been receiving referrals from other websites (that I didn't solicit), which in my book is a vote of quality.

If you want to suggest I'm ignorant, or just blowing smoke, why don't you show us a website you created? Come on. Go ahead and post your best piece of work, for all of us to see. Or offer some other proof that you're not just another insecure blowhard, trolling a domain name forum because you have nothing better to do with your time.

Tomorrow I'll be finishing up a general-purpose domain-regging tool. Watch for it in the services forum. That will give you an of idea of what I'm capable of doing in, and illustrate even further what you lack, as far as abilities go.

And finally, here are a couple of tips you might want to to consider the next time you attempt to sound all smart on namepros.

1.) 'Others', used in the possessive sense, has an apostrophe.
2). The words 'can' and 'not' should be combined into one: cannot.
I have created a website. People chose to scrape content that took months to create from research. So I took it down. I am not working for others. As far as the rest. You sir come off very hostile and I do not appreciate that. I have given you no reason to react that way. As far as grammar is concerned. I believe I am doing the best I can with limited education. I hold no contempt for you or your opinion. You however slam anyone that disagrees with you as if there opinion is ignorant or invalid. I wish you luck with your project. I am certainly not a troll. I dislike confrontation very much.
Happy Holidays

•••
•••
•••
Jealous Greg lol, nice site!

•••
•••
Merry Christmas to all my stoner domain seller friends. I believe cann or canna will be used incognito for businesses that openly don't want to use marijuana or the others. Broad search is gonna be the same as exact Cannabis, so I think it makes good sense.

•••
Merry Christmas to all my stoner domain seller friends.

I second that motion!

Merry Christmas all!

10e78888b081314e0b3dbe7a82e104d5.jpg

•••
•••
Great documentary if you look around you should be able to find the whole thing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back