Domain Empire

show your Big data related domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Big data = Big bucks
The term big data is now here to stay as with the cloud, it seems repackaging can work wonders!
Unlike other buzzwords like “agile”and “SOA” in the software industry, Big data has already proven to be a keeper!
It is not going to go anytime soon it is a multi billion dollar industry, Big data is officialy the hottest thing since sliced bread.
What Big data Domain names do you own?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Working on that now ;) Btw, I had picked up SaveBigData off the drops the other day.

Or you can always buy 8 $100 names and probably make more ;)

•••
Guys, please be careful with huge investments and uncontrolled handregs, etc. before we even have a handful of bigdata domain sales. I know its tempting and i also like bigdata names, but i personally would never bid $800 or more for names like bigdatateam in these early stages. Its a nice name, but remember, normally you would only pay $800 for an almost guarantied fast resale above x.xxx - So, this simply would be a too risky investment for a not 100% generic name in a trend domain with no history of relevant sales.
Of course one could argue that Now is the time to invest and not when its even hotter (like the cloud case), but still you must be careful with your money.

•••
Is there any start ups with the words "big data" in their domain name?

I must admit I did reg about 10 domains, however after thinking about how the domain market in this area might pan out I have had 5 of them refunded.

I might go a few more in the aftermarket but I would like to see sales before I go high $xxx low $xxxx for a "big data" name.

Cheers

Last edited:
•••

I must admit I did reg about 10 domains, however after thinking about how the domain market in this area might pan out I have had 5 of them refunded.

I might go a few more in the aftermarket but I would like to see sales before I go high $xxx low $xxxx for a "big data" name.

Cheers

bigdata.csail.mit.edu

bigdatabbq.com

Think Big Analytics

There are a few out there!!

•••

If you search for "www.bigdata" on goggle (with quotes) you might see a few of them, although I am not sure which ones are using the words big data as related to the technology that we are talking about here.

As GiftedDomains mentioned above its best to proceed with caution when it comes to new trends and technologies.

•••
Just had a low offer on BigdataAmerica.com nice to get some interest though,

I have some good brandable start up names cubeeze.com and cloudexon.com

Because of all the data that is collected etc with Bigdata and all the future big law suits lol, I reckon we will see a rise in these kind of names, that i bought with this in mind this year :D

DATAPROTECTIONLAWYER.COM

DATAPROTECTIONATTORNEYS.COM

DATAPROTECTIONSOLICITOR.COM

•••
Rather than start ups they seem like blogs and events about "big data" , some below -

bigdatawf.com
bigdataparis.com
bigdatatelecoms.com
bigdataindia.com
bigdatainsights.co.in
bigdatainsightgroup.com
bigdataevent.net
bigdataretailforum.com

Last edited:
•••
Guys, please be careful with huge investments and uncontrolled handregs, etc. before we even have a handful of bigdata domain sales. I know its tempting and i also like bigdata names, but i personally would never bid $800 or more for names like bigdatateam in these early stages. Its a nice name, but remember, normally you would only pay $800 for an almost guarantied fast resale above x.xxx - So, this simply would be a too risky investment for a not 100% generic name in a trend domain with no history of relevant sales.
Of course one could argue that Now is the time to invest and not when its even hotter (like the cloud case), but still you must be careful with your money.

Good Post - plus repped.

•••

And also consider the cost of renewal with too many hand reg

•••

The biggest bigdata startup seems to be - get this - splunk.com, a domain that sounds like a cross between sunk and skunk plus klunk.

searching inurl:bigdata

pentahobigdata.com
bigdata.com redirects to systap.com/bigdata.htm
bigdata.be
istc-bigdata.org
... and not much else - but quite a few bigdata subdomains on big company sites or bigdata sections on big company sites

•••
Had a low $xxx offer for BigDataProviders (dot) com but I think I will hold out for now. Not bad for a recent hand reg though! :)

that's great news

Last edited:
•••
•••
and the term that seems to be floating about at the moment is (BDA) For Big data analytics.

Wow they settled for an initialism, who'd have thunk it?

----------------
Big data has always existed. What we have now is a case of a solution searching for a valid problem. We're outsourcing critical analysis to algorithms - there's a very real danger in that.

Big data in its most broad commercial form is the most expensive method to get the least reward.
Big data in its purest form exists to screw you over (think insurance, finance).

For domainers there's limited reward as it's not a very broad business. It's narrow. Some people will do very well. Many will not. It's clearly not brandable like Cloud. It's merely vapour marketing by big companies (and startups promising to find you a new oracle in the new mountains of data).

You've been warned.

Pop.

Last edited:
•••
BigDataHellYeah.com is still available for hand reg... :blink:

•••
Big Data is the future of business whether we like it or not. The terms (Big Data), (BDA) and (BDAs) will be the standard in the business and big data world.

There is opportunity to make good profits with domain sales, venture capital and startup resources are now pouring tons of money into this sector.

Big data is far superior to the cloud, Big data will change the way people and businesses market, buy and sell and help discover new drugs to cure diseases and predicting weather patterns more accurately even predict earthquakes and global disasters.
Big data is broad and will cover so much from Architecture,It, Design, Education, Energy, Finance, Food, Government,Healthcare,Science, Technology,Transportation.

There is money to be made in big data domains, as someone mentioned before i would not go spending high xxx or more with money you may not be able to afford but with names on the aftermarket it is well worth a punt if the price is right.

•••
•••

Hi thanks for that. That is what I like to see - big data being used as a BS buzzword. People define big data differently, but what Sedo say

Sedo’s Big Data Pricer depends on proprietary market data from more than 300,000 real transactions that have taken place on Sedo’s marketplace.

does not sound like most people's technical definition of Big Data. Why is that good for domainers? Because maybe any data or number related thing will soon start calling itself Big Data, the way so many things now call themselves Cloud instead of online or web.

Found some interesting sites

http://www.bigdatacongress.com/ 2013 conference in London

http://www.whitehallmedia.co.uk/bda/ 2012 analytics conference in London

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

Big data is far superior to the cloud, Big data will change the way people and businesses market, buy and sell and help discover new drugs to cure diseases and predicting weather patterns more accurately even predict earthquakes and global disasters.

True, and it costs big money to process and analyse all that data - so some small players will just not be able to keep up.

Big Data is a paradigm shift in how we get knowledge. Decision making based on big data will be a challenging area - look at all the interest in the big data university.

•••
I think the only thing I can say to all the speculations that Big Data is a narrow path when compared to cloud is JUST DO IT.

I have to say something that life has taught me. In the beginning, it often seem like it ain't possible but just a share faith or courage, I have found a way to survive life circumstances.

Life has never given us anything on platter of gold, it has always been difficult to achieve anything but the courageous ones just do it and survive. if they fail, they learn from it. If they succeed, they also learn from it.

Yeah sure... not everyone will make it with this names, but in the end we will learn one or two things, celebrate with those who made it and also those who didnt. Life goes on.

Guys, let's JUST DO IT!

Whether it is a narrow path or not, we never can know if we never try.

JUST DO IT.

When I left school just a few months ago, I was broke. I couldnt afford my internet connection and my laptop was not doing its job, but with the JUST DO IT attitude, I traded my knowledge for a modem and someone bought it for me with an internet connection. Within that period, I was frequenting NP often and some how a friend gave me some money when he visited me in my State.

With the help of a fellow nameproser( LuigoMike) and the JUST DO IT attitude, I made my first $500.

What matter most is JUST DO IT!

Last edited:
•••
Again, another name which i was thinking to snatch (this one is in Godaddy closeouts for 5$!)

BigDataInsider.com

One of the reasons was that the .de was registered by a quite big company in Germany. Another reason is that we already had many KeywordInsider.com sales in the past. Another reason is that you could make a blog like this: therealbigdata.com/author/insider/

But nontheless i decided to leave it. So if you like it, be fast. And if you sell this in future, don't forget this thread and let us know :)
(BTW, if you like it, i would also reg BigdataInsiders.com , the plural, to have the package)

•••
Tried to pick it up but I think time is up.

Again, another name which i was thinking to snatch (this one is in Godaddy closeouts for 5$!)

BigDataInsider.com

One of the reasons was that the .de was registered by a quite big company in Germany. Another reason is that we already had many KeywordInsider.com sales in the past. Another reason is that you could make a blog like this: therealbigdata.com/author/insider/

But nontheless i decided to leave it. So if you like it, be fast. And if you sell this in future, don't forget this thread and let us know :)
(BTW, if you like it, i would also reg BigdataInsiders.com , the plural, to have the package)

•••
•••
•••
I just saw GD post and went to buy it lol

Nice reg infmoney :)

•••
Regged two more

BigDataTargeting
BigDataTester

Unfortunately too late for the insider domain...nice pick !

Not sure if its reported in the thread - bigdatamarket.com was sold for $1605 at GD expired auctions.

•••
yeah - Insider one was a great one to own - so many development choices on that one.

Real good info google >> news >> big data -

I love domaining every year something new happens..and for us domainers there ROI to be made :)

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

I think the only thing I can say to all the speculations that Big Data is a narrow path when compared to cloud is JUST DO IT.

I have to say something that life has taught me. In the beginning, it often seem like it ain't possible but just a share faith or courage, I have found a way to survive life circumstances.

Life has never given us anything on platter of gold, it has always been difficult to achieve anything but the courageous ones just do it and survive. if they fail, they learn from it. If they succeed, they also learn from it.

Yeah sure... not everyone will make it with this names, but in the end we will learn one or two things, celebrate with those who made it and also those who didnt. Life goes on.

Guys, let's JUST DO IT!

Whether it is a narrow path or not, we never can know if we never try.

JUST DO IT.

When I left school just a few months ago, I was broke. I couldnt afford my internet connection and my laptop was not doing its job, but with the JUST DO IT attitude, I traded my knowledge for a modem and someone bought it for me with an internet connection. Within that period, I was frequenting NP often and some how a friend gave me some money when he visited me in my State.

With the help of a fellow nameproser( LuigoMike) and the JUST DO IT attitude, I made my first $500.

What matter most is JUST DO IT!

Good post buddy - stick to that attitude and you will do very well in life.

good luck.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

thanks for the info :)

•••

Popular this week

• The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back