Domain Empire

show your Big data related domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Big data = Big bucks
The term big data is now here to stay as with the cloud, it seems repackaging can work wonders!
Unlike other buzzwords like “agile”and “SOA” in the software industry, Big data has already proven to be a keeper!
It is not going to go anytime soon it is a multi billion dollar industry, Big data is officialy the hottest thing since sliced bread.
What Big data Domain names do you own?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks... Will get rid of it asap.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Gifted, please delete where u have that name. Please!

Gilescoley, please do same.

I would not disclose any more info mate, just wait for the domain to be paid for and transferred before anything else now.

Good Luck

•••
Thanks... Will get rid of it asap.

---------- Post added at 11:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Gifted, please delete where u have that name. Please!

Gilescoley, please do same.

Don't forget to delete the company name out of your own posts too.

After the deal is complete then you can decide whether or not to disclose the details of the sale (provided that the buyer doesn't ask for a NDA).

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Any reported .net big data sales?????

•••
Looking to sell these 3 big data domains if anyones interested(ALL .com):

SaveBigData

ShareBigData

BigDataInsider

Reseller pricing (no crazy numbers just pm me if interested).

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
: sale datafountain.com $1900

•••
•••
I hope some people here didn't jumb on the news I gave last Sunday about an offer I received...

It turned out to be what GIfted D predicted. They are not even the company we thought. No wonder they used a different email and no trace of that person online.

I hope this does not lead people to lost their domain to scammers as some people may have sent out emails based on fragments of the info I gave.

Sorry guys... I should have been sure enough before posting.

•••
BigDataWhorehouse.com is on pre-release at NameJet. No takers yet. Is there a person who picks the pre-releases, or are they just automatic? Because that's a really worthless domain, right? :gn:

•••
BigDataWhorehouse.com is on pre-release at NameJet. No takers yet. Is there a person who picks the pre-releases, or are they just automatic? Because that's a really worthless domain, right? :gn:

BigDataWhorehouse: A big data storage system that collects lots of private data about people who are usually allured with some coupons to give their complete data to BigDataWhorehouse. Then Businesses pay BigDataWhorehouse for access to their big data collection.

John: Cool, I just got a 1$ register.com coupon on my domain registeration, all I had to do was fill out a consumer survey. Yippee!

Congrats: You are now a $1 big data whore in the big data whorehouse.

•••
I can't remember if I posted it before but BigDataCanada.ca is the only one I have
in this niche, figured it covered it LOL

•••
: sale datafountain.com $1900
Did you contacted new owner first?
Thank you in advance for answer...

•••
Who knows if its related to big data?

Trans-Data.com $1,880

•••
seems to be mainly just 'data' than 'big data' ....

•••
•••
I just picked up big database .org on the drop without any difficulty. While not a .com, I think in this particular case it is a good acquisition. The dot com has been developed (or at least rebranded) as North America's most comprehensive source of fundraising information, opportunities and resources for charities and non-profits. With all of the non-profit big databases being created today, this generic .org should be able to find an end user, anyone agree?

•••
I just picked up big database .org on the drop without any difficulty. While not a .com, I think in this particular case it is a good acquisition. The dot com has been developed (or at least rebranded) as North America's most comprehensive source of fundraising information, opportunities and resources for charities and non-profits. With all of the non-profit big databases being created today, this generic .org should be able to find an end user, anyone agree?

I hope that you are right, but considering that Big Data domain sales are rare and far in between even for .com I wouldn't personally venture into other extensions at this time. But I do agree that you have a strong keyword and it might catch someone's eye.

IMO

•••
I am closing a $1000 sale on a BigData(Noun).com domain. I am pleased, since this was one of my weaker regs imho. The buyer has requested anonymity (I don't know either, it is being handled through DomainNameSales.com) so I decided to keep the name confidential as well. But it is good to report a sale, maybe get this thread going again.

I am considering opening an "Internet of Things" domains thread as well, any feedback on that idea. We need a new bandwagon, and that might just fit the bill. :laugh:

•••
Put a fork in ‘big data’ — it’s done

Big data is a much-exploited term. It is now little more than jargon, and is often misunderstood and ill-applied. It is time that the industry stops using the words “big data” to market software, because at the end of the day, the question is not “how big is your data?”, it is “what are you are doing with your data?” I am not alone in this battle — many well-known data vets are on my side or at the very least asking for clarification.

Stephen Few, one of the great voices in data, believes that the term has essentially become a marketing campaign. “… Big data is more hype than substance,” Few writes, “And it [big data] thrives on remaining ill defined.”

http://venturebeat.com/2013/08/13/put-a-fork-in-big-data-its-done/

•••
With statements like"

The truth of the matter is that only the Facebooks and Googles of the world have or need big data. For the rest of us, big data is just marketing hype, sales talk, and jargon.

Its clear some 'experts' don't get "Big Data"... as the the 'user data' of the Facebooks and Googles will be a relatively small subset compared to the sensory data from the devices that will out number 'users' by around 7 to 1. And many many devices will be 'always on'.

Beyond the numbers, 'Big Data' will come to mean the 'Big Ideas' gleaned from the evolution of information to knowledge.

That said... "Big Data' has meaning as a transition term. In the end Data by any other name is still just Data.

•••
...the term has essentially become a marketing campaign. “… more hype than substance,” Few writes, “And it thrives on remaining ill defined.”

Reminds me of an Apple product launch! :lol:

•••
Sold BusinessDataAnalytics.com today mid $XXX's. Not exactly a big data domain, but very related.

•••
What about the big data sale you mentioned earlier before this; are they same or different?
Sold BusinessDataAnalytics.com today mid $XXX's. Not exactly a big data domain, but very related.

•••
What about the big data sale you mentioned earlier before this; are they same or different?

Good question, and I should have clarified this. They are different, and unfortunately on that earlier one - after the buyer made the offer and we accepted, he went dark and has not followed through. That is sad, but part of the business. In the mean time I have had an inquiry on another (fairly long but brandable) big data tagline domain that my broker is following up on now. Hopefully that will pan out. I have to say that when I check my offer views on Sedo, Big Data is performing well, and the most inquiries on InternetTraffic.com are coming from the data sector as well. I am not yet sour on this category, and I am scouring the drops and auctions daily for better names at low prices.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back