IT.COM

Should I sell my domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domain den

Account Suspended
Impact
Hi name pros members,
i have had an offer on my domain name netnic.co.uk the price was $60. Please can you tell me if you think i should sell for that price or just leave it?

Thank you
Domain den

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Try this thinking.

How long have I had the name, is time running out on it?

I have had other offers and have I tried to sell it before with any luck?

What did I buy the name for?

Do I have any plans of my own to develope the name?

My advice would be to get the $60 while you can.

Good luck.

meljr

•••
Thats the right way to think, good stuff Mel Jr. :)

...so what you think DD?

Mike

•••
netnic.co.uk

The name expires on 06-Mar-2006
(.com .net .org .org.uk .biz .info) are all registered

•••
if you have no developement plans then a sale woule be the only logical thing besides parking it. If you think you can sell it for more, hold on to it. If not take $60. Good Luck

Last edited:
•••
It's a nice domain you have. Have you had many offers for this name, or is this a first?

Also, you should perhaps consider contacting the owners of the other extensions for this name, incase they are interested in offering something higher than $60. (It's worth a try.)

•••
I have contacted the other domain name owners and the owner of netnic.org.uk&netnic.ca&netnic.us has offered me $60

•••
Ahh, alright then.

In that case, they must obviously show some interest in the name. I'm not sure if it's worth giving it to them for $60, or gambling your way to something higher. (After all, this domain would be a very nice addon as they own the other extensions.)

Did you ask them to freely offer you a sum for the domain, or did you originally as them for a certain amount?

•••
Originally posted by Darren
Ahh, alright then.

In that case, they must obviously show some interest in the name. I'm not sure if it's worth giving it to them for $60, or gambling your way to something higher. (After all, this domain would be a very nice addon as they own the other extensions.)

Did you ask them to freely offer you a sum for the domain, or did you originally as them for a certain amount?
I asked them to give me a price.

Thank you

•••
•••
$600 is a lot of money, i offered the domain name to them for $200 before and they said it was 10 times the value.

•••
If they offered $60 that probabily means that are not will to pay more that $120 and are a expecting a counter from you for about twice the bid. You counter with $120, they counter with $75 or $90, you take the counter and pocket the $75.

If you ask too much you lose their confidence and the sale. If they already offered $60, you know that they would be will to bump it up a bit to maybe $75 or $80, but they don't want $1000 crazy talk.

meljr

•••
Originally posted by meljr
If they already offered $60, you know that they would be will to bump it up a bit to maybe $75 or $80

You need to pay something like 30 quid to change the owner for .co.uk names.

Your so-called buyer is taking you for a ride and playing on your inexperience. The low ball offer of $60 is highly indicative that this is a domain reseller. Be warned.

Unless of course, you are just glad you can make a sale, any sale.

•••
See if the potential buyer will go up to $75. If not, sell at $60. He's your best potential end user...

•••
Originally posted by domain den
I have contacted the other domain name owners and the owner of netnic.org.uk&netnic.ca&netnic.us has offered me $60

If they were desperate enough to get the .org.uk, then they should reconsider their offer. Keep in mind that other extentions are taken, like ".com.cn, .cc, .fi." This raises the value of your domain. Also the popularity of .co.uk domains are up there. Maybe you should tell them this information so they don't think they can take advantage of you with a price like $60.

•••
netnic

i think it is a :gn: but you should take the $60 for it and run.

•••
Re: Should i sell my domain name?

Originally posted by domain den
Hi name pros members,
i have had an offer on my domain name netnic.co.uk the price was $60. Please can you tell me if you think i should sell for that price or just leave it?

Thank you
Domain den

$750, plus

•••
An offer of $60 is an insult. Any business should offer $500
minimum for a website that they desire. They must think you are a rube.

•••
$200 is your price for the name but let them know you want to do business with them by lowering the price to $150 -a 25% cut. This still leaves room for negotiating but sends positive a message to the buyer.

•••
removed

removed

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back