Domain Empire

discuss Shocking stats of 4N.in --> Chinese Interest in Indian extension is huge

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
we all knew chinese are interested in many extensions , many unaware that they are gaining controls on Indian extension .IN too. some interesting stats on 4N.in has proved the same point. Based on the who is its provens almost 75% of the 4N.in are owned by chinese , Indians are sad to miss this important opportunity...
China - 74.76%
Iran - 11.25%
US - 3.81%
India - 3.67%
Canada - 3.15%
UK - 1.22%
Others - remaining - 2.14%

At very high level i felt the similar invasion is going on 3N.in , 5N.in too.. will share the stats later as still working on it.. also they are showing huge interest on 3L.in names too. also recently most of CVCV.in names are registered by chinese .

is .IN is the next target for big chinese investors.. Its very alarming for those missing .IN boat.

worth a great discussion on this topic..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
In India the number 1 is seen as a gift.

Worth noting that the number 13 is considered unlucky in India in a similar way that the number 4 is considered unlucky in China. It's quite common in China to sometimes find floor number 4 and 14 missing from hotels and apartment complexes. In India, you will often find there is no floor number 13.

So the floors will sometimes be 10, 11, 12, 14 (no 13th floor).

•••
I am not sure where you heard number 8 is unlucky ... i know number 9 is most preferred per example if the vehicle number is 1224 --> 1+2+2+4=9 , then its preferred by many to have that vehicle number .. i never heard some thing like 8 is unlucky. can you share some links where you read this? increasing series are always preferred than decreasing one in general , also the numbers like 116 , 1016 ..etc has some significance and consider as auspicious .

Its common knowledge in world numerology.

•••
Its common knowledge in world numerology.
with all due respect your numerology knowledge about India is not looking correct.. i am Indian by birth, grown up in India, educated in India and has exposure of traveling and working across India from South to North .. i never heard anyone saying number 8 is unlucky, as a Indian if i cant hear this how can this will be true.. its just my commonsense which is not allowing to accept what you are saying here. Its just my honest opinion

•••
.de, .nl, .cn
I like these extensions.
.in has a (significant?) advantage over them - it can be registered and traded with greater ease. No local presence required, no trustee nonsense, no identity documentation.

•••
with all due respect your numerology knowledge about India is not looking correct.. i am Indian by birth, grown up in India, educated in India and has exposure of traveling and working across India from South to North .. i never heard anyone saying number 8 is unlucky, as a Indian if i cant hear this how can this will be true.. its just my commonsense which is not allowing to accept what you are saying here. Its just my honest opinion

:) Well, this is what we've have got to contend with.
It's interesting to read the contradiction between cultural numerology of China and India when it comes to the number 8, but hey!..

•••
•••
I don't see numbers being used at all for Indian websites, so any interest from Chinese is probably a spill over from .win which they seem to like (after .top).

In fact afaik most nnnn.in were registered in the last three months.

•••
I'll be happy to be proved wrong on the number 8 as unlucky in India. I'm not holding fort on this :)
If anything, it doesn't seem the luckiest out of other numerics.

•••
I agree with domain pundit. Number 8 is NOT UNLUCKY..it may be least preferred. 9 is most preferred.

Regarding NNNN.in, Indians don't buy .INs ... They prefer only dot coms. .IN is not familiar in India... All websites except Amazon.in are .COMs only.

Morever Indians don't buy domains in reseller market.. They give least importance to domains unlike Chinese.

Domain business in INDIA is in very nascent stage.. So I suggest don't jump to .in domain purchase...it is just waste of money.. Always depend on DOT COM only...

•••
I agree with domain pundit. Number 8 is NOT UNLUCKY..it may be least preferred. 9 is most preferred.

Regarding NNNN.in, Indians don't buy .INs ... They prefer only dot coms. .IN is not familiar in India... All websites except Amazon.in are .COMs only.

Morever Indians don't buy domains in reseller market.. They give least importance to domains unlike Chinese.

Domain business in INDIA is in very nascent stage.. So I suggest don't jump to .in domain purchase...it is just waste of money.. Always depend on DOT COM only...

I strongly disagree with your recommendation on .IN names ..
Sorry you missed a lot if you not noticing .IN use in India, what about Airtel.in , vodafone.in , dlf.in , licindia.in, sbi.in, andhrabank.in ..etc... all government websites ending gov.in , .nic.in etc

•••
•••
Chinese is no 1. But the number 2 is Iran ???? Any insight why Iran buy .in ? Or there are Iran investor domain in here ?

•••
Chinese is no 1. But the number 2 is Iran ???? Any insight why Iran buy .in ? Or there are Iran investor domain in here ?
I think .IR is much expensive than .IN to register and renew, also .IN is much SEO friendlier than .IR and also few investors from IRAN focusing on .IN Extension .. combination of reasons. I am not 100% sure either , but these are some of the reasons I can see

•••
per Gandi.net ".IR domains are open to everyone, the domain name must be reasonably connected to the registrant".

Again, .in is relatively hassle free:
No local presence required, no trustee nonsense, no identity documentation, AND less likely to be seized on dubious grounds.

Last edited:
•••
•••
per Gandi.net ".IR domains are open to everyone, the domain name must be reasonably connected to the registrant".

I think Iranian domain investor know this opportunity. Maybe.

•••
Indians don't buy .INs ... They prefer only dot coms. .IN is not familiar in India... All websites except Amazon.in are .COMs only.

.IN is very familiar in India and Indians do buy .in's however .com has obviously upper hand, but not that much as some believe. Also, it's worth to notice that many .in purchases are done by foreign entities (end users) and it is not a homogeneous market by no means.

So I suggest don't jump to .in domain purchase...it is just waste of money..

I'm trading .in domains since 2010 and my balance is positive, that is my earnings surpass expenditures (and I monitor it pretty closely). I wouldn't say I wasted money. Btw, I own more than 1k .in domains, so you cannot sum it up as a random luck.

Of course, if one hops in and registers some casual names without any broader vision, the chance to waste money is considerable, but that applies to any extension including .com.

Always depend on DOT COM only...

No.

•••
I'm not totally against .IN. What I was trying to say...Always invest in dotcom...It is easy to sell to investors/companies all over the world whereas .IN is confined to India only.

My personal experience is that the ROI on dotcom is much higher than any other extension.

Good discussion guys. Thank you Pundit and Kokoro

•••
I'm not totally against .IN. What I was trying to say...Always invest in dotcom...It is easy to sell to investors/companies all over the world whereas .IN is confined to India only.

My personal experience is that the ROI on dotcom is much higher than any other extension.

Good discussion guys. Thank you Pundit and Kokoro
I am not against .COM too. every one must agree .COM is global.. there is no comparison required between .COM and .IN , that's known fact..

Just per example LLLL.com re-seller price is like 2 to 3K USD and if a end user approach the buyer expect more than re-seller price, where as .In names are available to register for 4 USD ... so also the supply of .COM is limited as every one across globe are already using extensively or reserved to sell prospecting end users . a country like India has many million small businesses, even if 10% of them want to go online also its good enough for .IN to have millions of registrations and in use. they eventually pick up their country code extension than buying expensive .com names which is good enough to list in google India and help for their local business.. where as the business houses who has large funds with them always preferred to acquire an extension like .COM and as well as .IN to protect their brand and might use .COM as preferred . At the same time as many small time businesses are going to use .IN undoubtfully.

Also the MNC approaching to Indian audience its more appealing to use .IN than .COM as it gives a sense of more Indian feel .. for the same reasons companies like eBay.in , Amazon.in, Vodafone.in ..etc are using .IN Names. As the other member has pointed out there are several other end users across globe are using .IN for their websites for reasons like domain hack , as alternative and couldn't find an equaling one in their home country ..etc .. also .IN stands for International I have noticed several western companies using .IN names

•••
Indians have craze for some numbers but unlike chinese there is no meaning attached to them. They are much like westerners in this regard. Hence pure number is really a gamble so far Indian market is considered.

•••
Indians have craze for some numbers but unlike chinese there is no meaning attached to them. They are much like westerners in this regard. Hence pure number is really a gamble so far Indian market is considered.

I agree with you sandyhere.

I am not against .COM too. every one must agree .COM is global.. there is no comparison required between .COM and .IN , that's known fact..

Just per example LLLL.com re-seller price is like 2 to 3K USD and if a end user approach the buyer expect more than re-seller price, where as .In names are available to register for 4 USD ... so also the supply of .COM is limited as every one across globe are already using extensively or reserved to sell prospecting end users . a country like India has many million small businesses, even if 10% of them want to go online also its good enough for .IN to have millions of registrations and in use. they eventually pick up their country code extension than buying expensive .com names which is good enough to list in google India and help for their local business.. where as the business houses who has large funds with them always preferred to acquire an extension like .COM and as well as .IN to protect their brand and might use .COM as preferred . At the same time as many small time businesses are going to use .IN undoubtfully.

Also the MNC approaching to Indian audience its more appealing to use .IN than .COM as it gives a sense of more Indian feel .. for the same reasons companies like eBay.in , Amazon.in, Vodafone.in ..etc are using .IN Names. As the other member has pointed out there are several other end users across globe are using .IN for their websites for reasons like domain hack , as alternative and couldn't find an equaling one in their home country ..etc .. also .IN stands for International I have noticed several western companies using .IN names

Good point.
What do you think of LLLN.com domains... Still lot of hand registrations available.

I'm betting on LLLN or NLLL domains as LLLL.com domains are trading at 2k to 5k usd now. 3 years they were available for 100 to 500 usd.

I personally think, time for LLLN.com domains will come soon. They are now trading at 100 to 200 usd in reseller market. 2 years from now ..they might sell atleast 1k if the domain market continues to grow.

Your comments are welcome.

•••
I agree with you sandyhere.

Good point.
What do you think of LLLN.com domains... Still lot of hand registrations available.

I'm betting on LLLN or NLLL domains as LLLL.com domains are trading at 2k to 5k usd now. 3 years they were available for 100 to 500 usd.

I personally think, time for LLLN.com domains will come soon. They are now trading at 100 to 200 usd in reseller market. 2 years from now ..they might sell atleast 1k if the domain market continues to grow.

Your comments are welcome.
As the supply is limited in this segement and LLLL.com prices are sky rocketing , very likely these may turn into profits over time...good luck with your investments. At the same time i strongly advise to focus .IN names too, still you can buy LLL.in names at below 200 USD... in my opinion its much safer to buy a good LLL.in than LLLN.com .. only 17.5K LLL.in names are possible and almost 25% are already in use, also many strong sales reported and the user base is quite clear.there are three buyouts in LLL.in space since 2007 and its been quite strong and stables assets now.. i Personally prefer to buy a LLL.in than buying LLLN.com .. Its me, everyone has their own reasons.

good luck

•••
Worth noting that the number 13 is considered unlucky in India in a similar way that the number 4 is considered unlucky in China. It's quite common in China to sometimes find floor number 4 and 14 missing from hotels and apartment complexes. In India, you will often find there is no floor number 13.

So the floors will sometimes be 10, 11, 12, 14 (no 13th floor).
You claim yourself to have lived in India for some time. I am born and living in India. I have never seen 13 being avoided from apartment floors. We are not that superstitious. How are these things even relevant when it comes to numerical .ins? If at all, only Chinese are the end users for these, i.e., if they change their mind and start to trade .ins.

Same goes with the discussion about 8 is lucky or not in India. As if Indians going to buy numerical domain names for development? Give me a break!

•••

You might be right if you were in the past. .IN is premium tld for India. It has SEO benefits than .COM here. Local businesses are switching over and will surpass .COMs

•••

Utter garbage from start to finish. I hope verisign are paying you well.....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back