IT.COM

guide Share your best domainer software, tools, and resources

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

YourBestTrader

Top Member
Impact
This is a thread where we can share our favorite software, and online tools that help us in our trade.

Good shares:

Do NOT share in this thread:

• Domainer Facebook Groups, Skype Groups, or Linkedin Groups
  • Marketplaces, Auction Sites, or other places to list your domains
  • Anything that promotes your own business, tools, etc.
  • Registries / Registrars, etc.
  • Paid Domainer Courses
Come on everyone, share your resources... we are all far greater together than alone!

PLEASE LIKE THIS POST IF THIS THREAD BROUGHT YOU VALUE

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This could be a useful thread. #TechHacks

Two more:

DomainIQ: https://www.domainiq.com/ - Use it for WHOIS history.

Anonymize.com: https://anonymize.com/ - Free VPN and free WHOIS.

Note to OP who brought this thread to my attention via a private message: Yes, Anonymize is part of Epik but the services mentioned are free.

•••
Based on the rules I'll just watch...

•••
•••
I love leandomainsearch when finding new brandable names with an available .com.

•••
DNPric.es: they're better than Namebio because they're free, more sales data, and great reading sheets that line up like a ladies legs.

DomainIndex.com: price valuations are probably around 2014 era looking at sales records that are compared, but the gold comes from CPC, searches history and you get 7 free cracks per free account.

Rest is covered by the bloke starting the thread. Cheers.

•••
•••
Domain News/Questions
Trademarks
Domain History/Info
Domain Sales History
Topic research
Website Analysis & SEO
Acronyms
Domain Availability & Alternatives
  • I Want My Name (search all available extensions) - URL not allowed :(
  • Name Mesh (alternative domain ideas) - URL not allowed :(
  • Namecheckr (searches domain and exact-match social media accounts!!!) - URL not allowed :(
  • Expired Domains (use the filters and get rich!!) - URL not allowed :(
  • Name (best bulk search tool) - URL not allowed :(
Website Templates
Outbound Marketing

Last edited:
•••
•••
I own lots of them so anyone want to nominate them.

•••
This is such a valuable thread. I'm sure this is going to be one of the greatest thread of this year on NP. 😊

My picks:

1. Hand registration ideas:
  • Nameoyster.com - Find short and sweet names, redirects to Namecheap for registration.
  • Namemesh.com - For diversified name search. AI, Mix and SEO categories are my favourite.

2. Historical Sales Data:
  • Namebio.com - Features such as Date range, venue and placement are vital.

3. Latest Prices for renewal and transfer:

• tld-list.com - Shows latest price update and free features by Registrar wise.
  • Domcomp.com - Shows top 10 cheapest registrar

4. Drop catching:
  • Dropcatch.com - Nice filters, features such as 'Auctions ending today' & 'Auctions with Bids'.
  • Snapnames.com - Bulk tools, Bulk order and Bulk Bid. Features such as Exclusive inventory and best of the drop.

5. TLD count & Similar Domains:
  • DotDB.com - Shows other tld count and suggest alternative names.
  • Whoxy.com - Shows similar registered tld's, with expiry date.

6. Domain Appraisal:
  • Godaddy Appraisal
  • Epik domain Appraisal and Fairness opinions - Features such as Avg search results Keyword & sld, Avg monthly searches, Average cost per click.

Bonus -
  • LinkedIn - Company search for outbound marketing possibilities.
  • Google Keywords planner - Shows keyword search volume in tiers such as 100 to 1k, 1k to 10k, 10k to 100k and 100k to 1M.
  • Godaddy Auctions - To find competition in auctions.

Hope this information helps.

With kind regards.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I use this free all-in-one tool that generates geo domain names with GoDaddy appraisal estimation and checks other available TLDs.
DNprobe.com

•••
I use this free all-in-one tool that generates geo domain names with GoDaddy appraisal estimation and checks other available TLDs.
DNprobe.com
Could you please stop promoting your website this way, as if you were just a user?

•••
Domain.io - To manage my portfolio, and keep I on Sedo / Dan / and Afternic Markets to ensure my domains are live on those markets and priced correctly. Allows you to easily track renewals and gives you ability to add multiple txt records to your DNS with them to provide verification to various market places like Dan, SEDO, SquadHelp WLM, Godaddy Auctions.

DomainIQ - To research domain history and to search Keywords other domain owners target.

Estibot - Not because there appraisals are worth a crap. But it's and easy way to search for diamonds in the rough if looking at large lists of names. If you want to outbound they also have lead generation tools for your names. They have Keyword parsing tools as well. (Just note: Their appraisal system is developed around domains that would be considered traffic domains and exact match domains)

KWFinder - For keyword analysis and CPC data

UberSuggest - For Keyword Analysis and SEO
Ahrefs - Backlink checker

SimilarWeb - Domain Traffic Stats

DotDB - Domain Research

Dofo - Domain Research

Trademark247 - US Trademark Research

ExpiredDomains.net - (A must use daily tool)

Archive.org - See how domain was used in past

Whois.com - Simple whois lookups

Nambio and DNPric.es - Domain sales history

HosterStats.com - quick easy DNS history on domain

ShortNames - Research 3L, 4L, 5L domain sales in .com. (They also have short numerics if that is your thing)

SnapNames and DropCatch for back orders on any names you really want on the drop. SAV.com for any BO I think will be low competition. (Just bear in mind a $10 discount BO on DropCatch will beat SAV almost every time. (The only reason I risk this time to time is SAV is Afternic Fast Transfer and Sedo MLS Partner where NameBright is not a partner for either.)

Park.io / SAV / Dynadot for non .com / .net / or .org drops

SquadHelp - Domain Analysis and Keyword research tools.

Crunchbase, Github, LinkedIn, Twitter etc for keeping up on trends of new companies.

•••
since learned only .com, in my younger days, tried to make it using wikipedia generic (not brandables/obscure sales examples) .com terms unregistered like up and coming or perhaps even not though AVAILABLE had I not looked in the first place exempting my knowledge exhausted and founded what I didn't know..

•••
Hey, everyone has already said what I will be talking about.

But I have a favourite tool called spamzilla.io

I bought this domain from spamzilla

guidinginsurance.com

Now I am selling it!

•••
"save everything"

Hey, everyone has already said what I will be talking about.

But I have a favourite tool called spamzilla.io

I bought this domain from spamzilla

guidinginsurance.com

Now I am selling it!

•••
•••
I mostly used expireddomains.net , domainbigdata.com & whois.com/whois

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back