IT.COM

Server trouble -- We're going to have to move NamePros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
We have had recurring hardware problems on our main NamePros server over the past few weeks.

The hard drive is crashed right now. We're still up because our database runs on a different server, but some of our functionality, like our chat room, is not working.

We're going to have to move the site to a new server and there is going to be some downtime of a few hours when we do. I don't know yet when this will happen.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the update -RJ- :tu:

Nothing like Server/Hosting problems to cause Gray hairs huh ? :guilty:

Good thing they make "Just for Domainers" Hair Dye ...

•••
I've had a few new grey hairs show up in my beard this week. I don't know if it's from being a single dad with three kids the past eight days or all these server problems we've been having.

Ugh!

•••
-RJ- said:
We're going to have to move the site to a new server and there is going to be some downtime of a few hours when we do. I don't know yet when this will happen.
Thank goodness.. I feel the community has been negatively affected by how slow, how much downtime there has been recently.

Glad to hear you are taking the right steps for the fix! :tu:

•••
•••
•••
Posts being wrapped up, bubble wrapped, and posted FAO new server.

RECORDED DELIVERY please.

•••
Morph said:

make sure all **items** from the cellar are moved correctly :]

•••
mellowmasher said:
Morph said:

make sure all **items** from the cellar are moved correctly :]

My basement you mean? ;)

-Bill

•••
Bill said:
My basement you mean? ;)

-Bill

:o Those torture **thingys**

•••
•••
cheers for the update rj hopefully the new server will rectify the issues.

•••
I was bubble-wrapping things up in the basement and accidentally broke a couple video cameras >:(

Geez, there is so much alcohol down here... It's going to take a while to pack up.

•••
Glad to see these issues being addressed.

Hope everything works out.

-deet

•••
-RJ- said:
I've had a few new grey hairs show up in my beard this week. I don't know if it's from being a single dad with three kids....

Wow. I spend 8 hours with just 2 kids and I'm ready to pull my hair out. Or would be, if I had hair.

Good luck, just the words "server change" sound dreadful.

•••
can't wait for things to get back to normal. :blink:

•••
Server change is done, but we still have a few configuration options to fix. Please report any problems here.

attach

•••
-RJ- said:
Server change is done, but we still have a few configuration options to fix. Please report any problems here.

attach

Running a lot faster! :tu:

-Bill

•••
•••
•••
Hey I lost a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label in the move... If anyone finds it, please return it to me.

Thanks,
Galel

•••
Galel said:
Hey I lost a bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue Label in the move... If anyone finds it, please return it to me.

Thanks,
Galel
\

I drunked it all gone.

:tri:

•••
-RJ- said:

attach

/search.php displays for me but when I press submit, the page doesn't load. Does this happen to anyone else?

•••
Seems ok. What are you searching for?

•••
-RJ- said:
Seems ok. What are you searching for?

I was searching for a certain GoDaddy coupon code. I found it, though. Dunno why the search wouldn't work for me... I'll try it out again later. It might have been an isolated incident.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back