SEO and Domain Forwarding

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch

MicroGuy

Miembro EspecialTop Member
Impact
1,493
The site in my signature just got the cold shoulder from Google. My search results got screwed because I used a meta tag redirect in my index page at the .com backup.

Now google has penalized my entire .net site and confusing the .com site (redirect) and the .net site in the search results. I have just updated the .com with a permanent DNS forward to see if that helps. :ghost:
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
301 redirection is the best and the safest way to redirect a site I think.
 
0
•••
0
•••
Thanks Weblord. But I didn't get excluded just penalized. For example, now my site in on page 4 or 5 for "greenwood computer service", when it was listed on page one.
 
0
•••
I am seeing your site on 1st page 8th position ;)

Give it some more time it might be a temporary thing.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back