Dynadot

advice Selling Strategy?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Junglist101

Established Member
Impact
Is this a good strategy to implement into outbound sales - Finding a decent domain for the right price, but researching that at least 3 other TLDs are taken of that domain (buying the .com version of course) and then contacting the owners of the more inferior extensions, and informing them that the .com domain is in fact available?

I understand that sometimes .org is actually more suitable, for such things as non-profits, and sometimes a local TLD such as .co.uk may be more suitable for local businesses, but in general, is this a wise strategy?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nothing is set in stone until you try it. However, there is no guarantee that the owners with the other extensions will want to buy your dot com. Tread with caution

•••
Nothing is set in stone until you try it. However, there is no guarantee that the owners with the other extensions will want to buy your dot com. Tread with caution
Yeah there is that factor of course. My logic is that if the domain is of a good quality anyway, you will have other potential buyers that have similar domain names but not exact, and it shouldn't be impossible to sell if the quality of the domain relating to that niche is all good. If the exact domain matches with inferior TLDs don't bite, you still have other options of course.
All of this will need to be researched before the purchase, and I'm still learning the best ways to conducting such research

•••
Yeah there is that factor of course. My logic is that if the domain is of a good quality anyway, you will have other potential buyers that have similar domain names but not exact, and it shouldn't be impossible to sell if the quality of the domain relating to that niche is all good. If the exact domain matches with inferior TLDs don't bite, you still have other options of course.
All of this will need to be researched before the purchase, and I'm still learning the best ways to conducting such research
The truth is that domain names aren't very liquid when compared to other commodities. And most end-users don't want to pay a premium for a domain name irrespective of the fact that the said name might actually be an upgrade to what they are currently using.

•••
@FolioTeam How do you justify your price to the end user? When they ask why domainx/com is worth $5,000 what data do you present please?

•••
@FolioTeam How do you justify your price to the end user? When they ask why domainx/com is worth $5,000 what data do you present please?

I've never had that happen to me. This might be because I am 100% for BIN instead of make offer.

The way I see it, once a serious end user clicks on a BIN price, he/she has subconsciously decided that the domain is worth the BIN without any input from you. Same can't be said for a make offer scenario

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back