IT.COM

debate Sellers Note : Yes or No

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sellers Note

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    71.4%
  • No

votes
    28.6%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Isac

Top Member
Impact
Recently i did a small research. I just checked domains listed on Sedo. And 99 % of them are listed with no information like an idea how domain can be used, how it can benifit you, Esibot Value, Similar domains sold in past., Google monthly searches etc etc .

Now at the other end is Flippa. 99 % domains listed there are with information. Each and every information is given there.

So what's your opinion whiles selling a domain in a Marketplace.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Buyers don't need an endless sales pitch and automated appraisals, which we are BS.
They either get it or they don't.
The only issue is price. Everything else is noise.

•••
Interesting question.

My opinion :
- for higher end domains, it doesn't make too much sense
- for lower end domains, the seller needs to be 100% honest, in order for his comments to be well accepted

•••
While I think the appraisals are not really indicative of a name's true value (beauty is in the eye of the beholder) it's the perceived value and desire of a particular buyer to have THAT NAME that is going to determine what it's really worth.

I see nothing wrong with some brief selling points on a particular name but I think that people (end users at least) are going to know in a nano second if they love or hate a name. There is some automatic reaction even if its only a neutral yawn.

And if its valuable to them or not will have a great deal to do with that perceived value that starts with an instant reaction. End users are emotional and will base their decisions on that initial emotion. Sometimes that emotion could be uncertainty or maybe and the words might help with a decision.

If you anticipate a savvy domain master seller/buyer looking at your domains words that sell within a listing aren't needed.Those types of buyers are automatically analyzing and doing homework. Those types of buyers are making business decisions not emotional choices.

So if a marketplace is geared much more towards domaineers than end users there isn't any sales copy on what makes this a great domain. It's not needed for that market

Last edited:
•••
In this day and age, I think it's prudent and helpful to include a disclaimer if the domain name has a premium renewal fee, to avoid any unpleasant surprises down the road for the buyer, as we have seen firsthand here on NamePros! :xf.wink:

•••
I am selling more and more domains with logos and end use descriptions.

A well written description can give ideas on a good end use for the domain.

If I said www.photograpp.com

You would say "what the".... "I don't like it"

Last edited:
•••
If I said

An app to use for Photographs.

www.photograpp.com

That might change your mind

Photograph ->>>> PhotogrApp

Picture0002.png

Both a well written description and logo can be a catalyst to sell a domain.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back