Dynadot

Sell the .com/.net/.org domains together or separate?

NameSilo
Watch

snogards99

Impact
I own the "domain".com, "domain".net and "domain".org versions of the same domain and am wondering if I should list them together as a package or should I list them separately? If so, how? Should I list the .com and then in the description say that the .net and .org comes with it?

Also, I own the cleared trademark for the name "Domain". Is this something I should list in the description?

Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Entirely depends on the name, and without knowing the names it's impossible to say.

Can't you list the names?

•••
nreach.com, nreach.net and nreach.org. 8-15 years old, near zero traffic. Trademark just renewed and is clear for just about any use. I see this as a great startup brand name.

I sell domains rarely and had planned to start with auctioning at Sedo, Flippa and/or GoDaddy.

Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

•••
I can't see much value in the org in this case, beyond a potential buyer wanting all 3.
I can see the other two selling, as a pair or the com on it's own, though not so much the net on it's own.

Price is almost impossible to say as it's in the brandable area and so depends on the end user's budget. Probs low 4 figures without too much trouble (maybe in a year) but of course as always possibly a lot longer.

Put it on Sedo and maybe Afternic as a "make an offer" and then you can test the water without obligation. And also possibly some brand-able aftermarkets, although in my experience they're slow as there are just too many names of a similar quality and price.

Just IMO :)

•••
Thank you for your reply. Quick clarification - you mentioned in your response "maybe in a year"? do you think it'll take a year to sell them or did you mean something else? thx

•••
I have no idea how long it would take to sell, other than a guesstimate or rough "maybe". You might get a 5K offer tomorrow, or advertise them everywhere and not got a sniff in 12 months.

I'd say you could probs sell it within a year, but again "IMO" :)

•••
If the sales platform allows us, selling as a package makes the most sense to me. If you have a trademark or other TLDs that you can include the deal, list them in the description of the .COM sale. I just think they are more valuable together than piece by piece.

•••
Many years ago I used to have hundreds of .Net domains and many were "protective" registrations so that if a buyer was interested in the .COM they couldn't just get away with registering the .Net for reg fee. However, I found that even when I had the .Net almost noone wanted it. It was only when I started dropping my .Nets that sometimes someone would pick it up and build on the .Net. Now that we have hundreds of alternative extensions there is little use for .Net and my .Net portfolio is tiny compared to seven or eight years ago. It has been over a year since I last sold a .Net. .Org would make sense for a non-profit - otherwise there is little need for it as well.

•••
It depends.

Most people will go for the dot com.

Some companies will get the dot net if the dot com is unavailable or too expensive, but only if it is the exact match to their company name, niche or keywords.

•••
That is great. Obviously sell them together as a package with huge profit. That is going to be a big one.

•••
Thanks for all the info folks!

Elon: feel free to buy them for 1 Million dollars! ;)

•••
You can't go wrong by selling them as package. You applied for TM and it's a plus to your domain package.
Do your own research for a potential buyers for a better payout. IMHO. Your domain is not a keyword or premium domain auctioning will not help it, unless you really need cash that bad.

Good luck to you.

•••
The best collocation is ".com ", "net" + domain name for your country

•••
OK, if anyone is interested, I've got these domains up on Flippa and GoDaddy Auctions. I'm gonna see what traffic/bids they get and use this data to adjust as necessary.

Thanks again for your help everyone! Domaining is an interesting world :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back