NameSilo

domain selfies dot com

Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hi

Thinking about purchasing it and now talking to the owner.

Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hmm... if it really took him 6 months to find the guy, it is possible he found a scammer instead. Hopefully he is using escrow or some secure service to make the acquisition.

•••
Imagine having selfie or selfies .com? Having a PG rated site with pictures from Tumblr or Twitter? Using adsense and some other ad co. could make you a pretty good deal if done right... Ahh.... When we sleep on things.

•••
If true, that's a bargain. Can't imagine losing money on that even at 10k.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Update- I remembered this thread so came for a sad closing :)
Anyways, seller upped the price 2 times I accepted all but then they wanted payment 100% up front. I offered Escrow, they had some sad story how they only want Japanese Yens, and Escrow is working only with USD. Long story short, I accepted to go with 50% up front and 50% after they deliver domain (that was their proposal) and communication stopped there. Not sure what they have in their heads, but domain is now redirected to some spammy site (at least that's what I see on my side).

•••
I have two Japanese bank accounts and there could have been an escrow in Japan...

Japanese are good people.

•••
Learn from your mistakes. I've lost thousands through PayPal and private dealings.

Overcome, and overachieve.

•••
Well at least there is an ending.

•••
Learn from your mistakes. I've lost thousands through PayPal and private dealings.

Overcome, and overachieve.
I didnt lost anything, not sure if you misunderstood. I agreed to pay 50% up front and thats where the communication stopped. I never sent the money....

•••
I would put it somewhere between 30 and 150K.

•••
How do you close thread? Ah....

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back