Domain Empire

domain selfies dot com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
Hi

Thinking about purchasing it and now talking to the owner.

Any thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
The word "Selfie" is already on its way out, I wouldn't bother with names like this

There are better names you can buy that wont lose their appeal in years to come

•••
•••
I think a true buyer would keep it on the lowdown so other poachers don't get ahead of the game. But, that's just how I would do it.

•••
Human vanity is only growing, i can't see how the term would disappear ?

This term was used more about a year ago, still used but I reckon with all the new terms, phrases, words etc, it just wont be as popular when people jump on the next quirky thing to say, just my opinion though

People aren't going to start taking "self portrait photos via my phone" any time soon.

:-/ I assume your'e being funny lol......its new "short" words that would make words like "Selfie" become less popular

Im not saying the name is not worth good money, my opinion is that its not a name that will just keep increasing in value over the next 10 years

good luck to the OP, hope he does well if he buys it

•••
:-/ I assume your'e being funny lol......its new "short" words that would make words like "Selfie" become less popular

Im not saying the name is not worth good money, my opinion is that its not a name that will just keep increasing in value over the next 10 years

good luck to the OP, hope he does well if he buys it

You assume correct. I have a word in mind that I want to make more popular.. trying to figure out how to do it. Might introduce it on Reddit - see if that works. I do agree with you more detailed assessment :)

I do think that the word photograph will come back into use instead of selfie (where it's not actually a selfie).

•••
I have two Japanese bank accounts and there could have been an escrow in Japan...

Japanese are good people.
This was a short version, trust me I tried all the options but when someone is complicated you cannot do much.

•••
The ending is learning from your mistakes and putting best practices in place moving forward.

•••
quite the domain. Justin bieber invest in an app called shots (formerly shots of me) and I believe they spent a fortune to get shots.com. I never thought that was an adequate name for an app that is all about selfies, most people don't think of selfies when they hear the word shots. Selfies is more descriptive and THE word you want for a selfies app (besides selfie singular). I think it would be a good one to develop or resell.

•••
I think it would be a good one to develop or resell.
I think that too, but not sure what should be my last offer. SELFIE gets 2mil+ searches and SELFIES 200K+ searches per month...

•••
•••
I assume you'll need at least mid $xx,xxx to acquire it.

•••
•••
Still negotiating, seller wants mid $$$$, but he is still not sure if he wants to part with it

So, should I go for it (SELFIES.com, not SELFIE.com)?

Any final expert thoughts on this?

•••
Hopefully you haven't alerted other investors of a good deal to buy it out from under you. ;)
Trust me, you can't find the owner, I have spent 6 months on this and hired people to trace the person

•••
6 months of effort and hired hands and you are debating mid $$$$... errrr... If it looks like a duck.
Haha, you're right. The thing is I have never spent more than $1k on a single domain and I usually find good ones for a reg fee, that's why I am wondering if $5K-ish would be a bit too much.

•••
Hard to believe you dedicated 6 months to this without being sure that you wanted the name. In any case, there is a name on the site of the webmaster. Someone else might find the owner in 24 hours.

Mid-xxxx is a great price. Hesitating is a mistake. Posting the details here is a huge mistake. Buy it fast, or be prepared to lose it.
I know there is a name,it is not a real name, I have tried everything and I wouldn't post this appraisal request if I wasn't sure that no one can find them.

•••
sorry i posted a mistake ..my bad

Last edited:
•••
•••
It is obvious that you are not going to get this domain for less than 100k, unless the owner is stupid which I doubt.

•••
ログインは本当にあなたをしましたか?何とか笑焼き鳥忍者刀サムライソニーはワイルドスピードヤクザSelfies.com!ワタシで私に連絡して、偽のメールを既存のではない[email protected]

•••
Every penny of the $1,914.33* asking price. Which is likely only the opening bid on godaddy.

•••
Sounds like the name is a steal at 5K. Even a domainer would pay more than that to acquire it from you. I wouldn't feel sorry for you if a domain investor stole it from under your nose because. you spent so much money and time just to find the seller plus the seller is unsure and the name could go for 6 figures to the right end-user you are hesitating???????

•••
Excellent domain name in my opinion. Could appeal to alot of end users. From apps to songs even. But keep in mind is kind of a trend thing right now. Holding for many years might not payoff as well as a shorter term. Trends are hard to predict for a time frame.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back