NameSilo

Self Hosted Lander vs Brokered Sales Page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey everyone,

I'm curious, has anyone tested the success rate of inquiries, offers, and sales when self hosting your own marketplaces, as opposed to redirecting the domains to a brokerages sales page (ie, Dan, unregistery, etc).

I currently have my own website set up, professionally designed, with contact forms, offer submission forms, etc (no phone number). I don't receive too many inquiries, it could just be poor domains with not a lot of interest. All domains redirect to their respective pages. I might do a 3 month test and redirect them all to dan.com or another platform, just to test this theory out. I'm curious if anyone has conducted such a comparison test and what their results looked like.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What is "the" most important in digital ecommerce - Trust, which smaller sites do not invoke. Making a 2K/3K purchase on an unknown site is difficult for users. This is what we recommend, especially for domains where you are expecting 'type-in" traffic

1. Have your own landing pages
2..Have the traffic come there (because that gives you option to showcase other names as well).
3. Provide a link to other marketplaces where the user can buy. For you, it is important that you make sale. Make sure to keep the price same - to the user it should look like, why do not I buy this name at well known places like sedo/afternic/dan etc. (if you using custom programming - then it should be simple)

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
•••
Hey everyone,

I'm curious, has anyone tested the success rate of inquiries, offers, and sales when self hosting your own marketplaces, as opposed to redirecting the domains to a brokerages sales page (ie, Dan, unregistery, etc).

I currently have my own website set up, professionally designed, with contact forms, offer submission forms, etc (no phone number). I don't receive too many inquiries, it could just be poor domains with not a lot of interest. All domains redirect to their respective pages. I might do a 3 month test and redirect them all to dan.com or another platform, just to test this theory out. I'm curious if anyone has conducted such a comparison test and what their results looked like.

Thanks

IMO , greatest landers sometime doesn't drive nothing when we sell worthless domain. Before we create own lander , no matters how lander performance , we should to ensure that we have good domain name to attract new inbound , like a SEO tactic to drive natural traffic.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back