Dynadot

Sedo uses escrowdomains.com now?

NameSilo
Watch
I have sold a few domains in the past using sedo's "external escrow" service for sales made outside of their marketplace.

Today I started one and got an email I never received before saying

Our partner, Escrow Domains, will be contacting you shortly regarding the next steps to secure the funds. If this is your first transaction, you will need to register before having access to the transaction details. Please add [email protected] to your safe sender/contact list to ensure you receive all instructions."

Has anyone gone through this apparently new process? I try to avoid using escrow.com lately as the verification has slowed almost every transaction down but am wondering how slow this new process will be with sedo. Do I still get paid by sedo or escrowdomains? does the buyer pay escrowdomains or sedo? Does sedo take control of the domain like before? or No idea why they changed it as it worked fine before.

Not sure what the point of using escrowdomains.com is..if i wanted to use their service I would of..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Doh..I got the link direct from google so I guess I picked the wrong one! Thanks!

•••
Also, escrow.com != escrowdomains

The latter is by the lawyer Michael Greenberg

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back