IT.COM

How do I use Sedo escrow?

NameSilo
Watch

peace800

Established Member
Impact
I'm selling a domain using an Efty landing page. I've agreed a price of $500 and we want to use an escrow service.

I'm thinking of using Escrow. com. Would the seller still have to submit their documents for verification to use them?

Or can I use sedo' s escrow service? What do I do if I use Sedo?

What would you recommend?

I could use undeveloped but I guess they'll charge a bigger fee?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Buyer used sedo escrow before I haven't.

He asked for my sedo details I provided my sedo associated mail ID, he said initiated the transaction last night 00:24 ist, now its 14:47 ist, still no mail from Sedo. Does it take that long?

I find to request an escrow seller username is required which he hadn't before creating the request, is he lying?

•••
•••
p.s. Sedo escrow looks abolutely the same as sales on their regular marketplace... the same interface, the same process.

•••
•••
p.s. Sedo escrow looks abolutely the same as sales on their regular marketplace... the same interface, the same process.
is there any turn around time within which payment needs to be sent?

•••
is there any turn around time within which payment needs to be sent?

Not sure but above a certain amount they only take payment by wire and that can take several days. Paying by card or Paypal adds 3% to the fees buyer pays.

•••
Not sure but above a certain amount they only take payment by wire and that can take several days. Paying by card or Paypal adds 3% to the fees buyer pays.
I meant is any time frame for making the payment?

•••
I meant is any time frame for making the payment?
Not sure about escrow only but when buying I think they ask for within 5 days or so and after a certain amount of time if not paid transaction can be cancelled.

•••
Not sure about escrow only but when buying I think they ask for within 5 days or so and after a certain amount of time if not paid transaction can be cancelled.
Thanks, but need to clearly understand this in regards to escrow.

Anyone?

•••
The ToS don't specify a timeframe but possibly emails or screens seen by the buyer do.

https://sedo.com/uk/about-us/policies/domain-transfer-agreement/
4.2 Remitting Payment
You agree to promptly remit payment of the Domain Purchase Price upon receipt of instructions from Sedo. You agree that Sedo, at its sole discretion, shall determine whether to accept payment in the Contract Currency or your User Currency (as per Section 6 below) and that you are not entitled to demand Sedo remit payment in the other currency, another currency, or apply a different exchange rate.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back