NameSilo

advice Sedo self verification

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
Trying to add domains to Sedo which are reg'd at Godaddy but have name servers for Dan.com. Sedo can't automatically verify ownership.

It says to enter Sedo verification ID into TXT settings of Godaddys DNS settings !? Maybe i'm being thick but I can't find any mention of TXT settings on my Godaddy pages ? Do they mean change the server names to the Sedo ID code ? Perhaps if I change the server names back to Godaddys default settings temporarily they may be able to auto verify then change them back to Dans afterwards !?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My situation is similar, but reversed. I have 95% of my landers at Afternic and about 5+% at Dan. Both with BIN pricing. I also add everything to Sedo and GoDaddy as make offer. I keep the price the same between Dan and Afternic. I assume the AN commission and if it goes through DAN instead, it's a bonus. I also have about 40 domains at brandbucket and 30 more at squadhelp.

Thanks for sharing your setup.

I'd thought about trying a switching my Dan landers to Afternic to see what the difference would be. But I don't see anything better about the Afternic lander over Dan's. It's definitely less flexible.

How are you listing the names at Godaddy? As a Godaddy Auction listing? I've never done anything at Godaddy to list a name outside of listing it at Afternic.

Edit to add: And if I list at Godaddy for Make Offer and at Afternic for BIN, which gets shown at Godaddy when someone tries to buy a name that I have listed?

Last edited:
•••
Trying to add domains to Sedo which are reg'd at Godaddy but have name servers for Dan.com. Sedo can't automatically verify ownership.

It says to enter Sedo verification ID into TXT settings of Godaddys DNS settings !? Maybe i'm being thick but I can't find any mention of TXT settings on my Godaddy pages ? Do they mean change the server names to the Sedo ID code ? Perhaps if I change the server names back to Godaddys default settings temporarily they may be able to auto verify then change them back to Dans afterwards !?

Firstly , before adding your domain at sedo, ensure you use default nameserver from godaddy. Then manage DNS and add TXT record from sedo. Wait for max 1x24 hours or more ( in this periode never change your name server to other)

When your domain has verified based SEDO system , you could change godaddy nameserver with NS from dan like ns1.dan.com , ns2.dan.com and DAN also recommend to add third DAN namerserver , usually like this verification-xxxxxx.dan.hosting

•••
You need to change the txt record while using registrars's default nameservers most places. Then after the Sedo verification done change DNS to what you want.

But this is most important tip. Enter the Sedo txt verification BEFORE you list them on Sedo. When I do them after they sometimes take long but when done before they almost always verify in minutes.

Bob

Bob how do you do for bulk domains verification

•••
•••
Best is to take snapshot of domains in your registrar account and send to Sedo. They'll add to your Sedo account.
What about if you want to submit 100 domains, you take 100 screenshots?

•••
What about if you want to submit 100 domains, you take 100 screenshots?

You may also ask them to verify the domains manually. If they don't, they take snapshot from your registrar. Like at Uniregistry, I've the ability to search all those unverified domains with Sedo and take snapshot of them only and send it to Sedo. So it depends how user-friendly your registrar is in providing the list of those domains only you're looking to submit screenshot of.

•••
Its such a chore to add domains at Sedo. It really is getting worse. Nothing works. The TXT record has no effect, the NS literally never works and now even when I email screen shots to the security email and the verification email, neither of them reply. It's like they dont want you to list names with them .

•••
The only successful way is to point dns or spend forever trying. They will stay after you move dns again just not work as landers.

•••
Changing the text records before you set the landing pages always works for me. Within a few hours, the domains are listed in my account and no longer show as pending verification.

If you already have the name servers set and they aren't new domains to you, then it is much more of a pain. But if it is a domain that is new to my account, the text message verification works every time without issue. Like Bob mentioned above, the number I add is never much more than 20/month, so this manual method is OK for me.

95% of my sales are from Dan and Afternic, so I only keep doing Sedo out of habit at this point.

•••
Addendum

One of my registrars doesn't allow to bulk change the DNS settings inserting Sedo TXT verification code,
but it allows to bulk change the Nameservers,
Which registrar was this? The ease of doing bulk changes may be a factor for some in choosing one registrar over another.

Congrats, BTW, on successfully doing the listings!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back