IT.COM

advice Sedo self verification

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

doofer

Top Member
Impact
Trying to add domains to Sedo which are reg'd at Godaddy but have name servers for Dan.com. Sedo can't automatically verify ownership.

It says to enter Sedo verification ID into TXT settings of Godaddys DNS settings !? Maybe i'm being thick but I can't find any mention of TXT settings on my Godaddy pages ? Do they mean change the server names to the Sedo ID code ? Perhaps if I change the server names back to Godaddys default settings temporarily they may be able to auto verify then change them back to Dans afterwards !?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just temporarily point the nameservers to Sedo, then change them to DAN

The TXT record approach was a pain for me

•••
Even pointing them to Sedo doesn't always work. I gave up on adding a few names cos it was so laborious.

•••
Even pointing them to Sedo doesn't always work. I gave up on adding a few names cos it was so laborious.
That's odd I find pointing to ns1 & ns2 sedoparking.com works pretty quickly...

•••
That's odd I find pointing to ns1 & ns2 sedoparking.com works pretty quickly...
I found it worked maybe 50% of the time. Names were at Godaddy. Maybe I've just been unlucky.

•••
You need to change the txt record while using registrars's default nameservers most places. Then after the Sedo verification done change DNS to what you want.

But this is most important tip. Enter the Sedo txt verification BEFORE you list them on Sedo. When I do them after they sometimes take long but when done before they almost always verify in minutes.

Bob

•••
Thanks for the replies. Tried a few changing to Sedo name servers (why didn't I think of that !?) & it worked straight away on some but not on others. Bit of a pain in the ar&e though ! See if I get more success with Sedo than Dan.

•••
For a quick verification, before adding names to Sedo , first change nameservers.

•••
Trying to add domains to Sedo which are reg'd at Godaddy but have name servers for Dan.com. Sedo can't automatically verify ownership.

It says to enter Sedo verification ID into TXT settings of Godaddys DNS settings !? Maybe i'm being thick but I can't find any mention of TXT settings on my Godaddy pages ? Do they mean change the server names to the Sedo ID code ? Perhaps if I change the server names back to Godaddys default settings temporarily they may be able to auto verify then change them back to Dans afterwards !?

Firstly , before adding your domain at sedo, ensure you use default nameserver from godaddy. Then manage DNS and add TXT record from sedo. Wait for max 1x24 hours or more ( in this periode never change your name server to other)

When your domain has verified based SEDO system , you could change godaddy nameserver with NS from dan like ns1.dan.com , ns2.dan.com and DAN also recommend to add third DAN namerserver , usually like this verification-xxxxxx.dan.hosting

•••
You need to change the txt record while using registrars's default nameservers most places. Then after the Sedo verification done change DNS to what you want.

But this is most important tip. Enter the Sedo txt verification BEFORE you list them on Sedo. When I do them after they sometimes take long but when done before they almost always verify in minutes.

Bob
Thank you very much!!!

•••
the dns txt file doesn't result in sedo accepting the domain

the sedo nameservers are set to accept any domain
so there is no delay

•••
the dns txt file doesn't result in sedo accepting the domain
Not sure I understand, @frank-germany . To have the domain added to your Sedo account, your ownership must be verified. The first way they say to do this is the txt record. They do go on to give the DNS pointed to Sedo as a second way. I have used the txt record many times, and if it has been entered before I add the domain to my account, Sedo accepts the domain essentially instantly, within a minute or two. Why do you say it does not result in accepting the domain?

It is only in the few times that I want to use Sedo parking, or if the registrar does not allow me to set txt records, that I ever use the Sedo DNS route.

Bob

Last edited:
•••

Bob

Bob how do you do for bulk domains verification

•••
Bob how do you do for bulk domains verification
With the size of my portfolio, and rate I am adding to it, I normally am only adding a few at a time to Sedo. I have used the bulk tools at Name.com that allow you to readily add the txt files to a bunch of domains all at once. To be honest, have not explored which other registrars have similar. I am sure others reading this thread will know though.
Bob

Last edited:
•••
Best is to take snapshot of domains in your registrar account and send to Sedo. They'll add to your Sedo account.

•••
•••
•••
What may be an option, depending on registrar is to configure a default configuration applied to all new domains in your account that point to the registrar's DNS and automatically adds the sedo txt record then add to sedo first then once done add to dan and manually change nameservers to dan.

Admittedly I use Epik's landers/DNS and have a default domain profile setup so when I new domain gets put in my account it automatically puts up a make offer lander and has the sedo verification record already added so I don't ever have to think about it.

I am kinda surprised they don't have a setting to add txt records when using their nameservers, I am sure alot of dan users also list on sedo.

•••
Best is to take snapshot of domains in your registrar account and send to Sedo. They'll add to your Sedo account.
What about if you want to submit 100 domains, you take 100 screenshots?

•••
What about if you want to submit 100 domains, you take 100 screenshots?

You may also ask them to verify the domains manually. If they don't, they take snapshot from your registrar. Like at Uniregistry, I've the ability to search all those unverified domains with Sedo and take snapshot of them only and send it to Sedo. So it depends how user-friendly your registrar is in providing the list of those domains only you're looking to submit screenshot of.

•••
Its such a chore to add domains at Sedo. It really is getting worse. Nothing works. The TXT record has no effect, the NS literally never works and now even when I email screen shots to the security email and the verification email, neither of them reply. It's like they dont want you to list names with them .

•••
Some tips:
-After getting the domain, turn off the privacy.
-Add the TXT record BEFORE you add the domain on Sedo. Let 1-2 hours to pass. Then, add your name.

•••
Its such a chore to add domains at Sedo. It really is getting worse. Nothing works. The TXT record has no effect, the NS literally never works and now even when I email screen shots to the security email and the verification email, neither of them reply. It's like they dont want you to list names with them .

I've had the same experience lately. After the third try, just had about 40 names finally get listed. 50 to go.

•••
I've had the same experience lately. After the third try, just had about 40 names finally get listed. 50 to go.
Good luck! I woukdnt mind if I'd ever had a sale through Sedo but all my sales come through AN, Dan or GD.

•••
i have similar scenario , TXT record added for 3 domains , but the 3 domains still pending verification since one week , i sent emails twice with remiders included screenshots and purchase receipts , but no reply from them til now !!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back