IT.COM

Sedo Payout to PayPal

NameSilo
Watch
Hi, I know there are few threads regarding same question, but they are old, unclear and not open for replies.

Does anyone has recent experience with Sedo payouts to personal PayPal account? I'm interested in Sedo escrow for an external deal.

I see this Sedo page: https://sedo-us1.custhelp.com/app/a...2LzEvdGltZS8xNDg3Nzk3MDUxL3NpZC95VlhmWVVibg==

Payment Methods You Can Choose: PayPal: PayPal accounts may be used to receive amounts up to 10,000 USD. Simply enter your PayPal address when updating your Payment Details. PayPal payments from Sedo are free and instantaneous.

Basically, I am interested in this line "PayPal payments from Sedo are free". Are they 100% free, or PayPal will take its fee?

I have tried Sedo chat, but some Chinese guy was totally lost in what is payment, what is fee, etc. However, what he could reply at the end, is that Sedo uses PP Mass Payments. As I see from PP, "No charge for recipient, low fee for sender".

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/mass-payments

Can someone with real experience clarify this question?
Is there any other Escrow with payout to PayPal?

thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
payments from sedo to paypal are free

imo...

•••
•••
Sir, it's free. Only fees are Sedo on sale, not payout to Paypal. So if you net $435 for example, you get that in your Paypal.

•••
I see some 3% in other threads, but it was too long ago.

thanks, guys!

•••
Last edited:
•••
from my paypal account:

Sent by:
Sedo GmbH (The sender of this payment is Non-US – Verified)
Payment sent from:
[email protected]

Amount received:
$**** USD
Fee amount:
$0.00 USD

Payment type:
Instant

=========

•••
Yes, they don't charge for outgoing payments via PayPal... from @Sedo to you.

PayPal payment from the Buyer to @Sedo - it is another story...
And here 3% is stated for amounts over $500...
But not explained who pays it (Buyer or Seller).

Last edited:
•••
had to spend some time to find the thread, which has raised the question, again: https://www.namepros.com/threads/sedo-and-paypal-fees.237749/

cannot find regarding 3% again, but this is not a question about payment to Sedo. "additional 3% express processing fee added for payments over $500" - buyer, since % is added automatically and is not a part of the escrow fee.

Last edited:
•••
3% escrow + 3% additional fee for amounts over $500 (if PayPal/CC/AliPay was used as Buyer's payment method).

•••
HI to all friend's i am new here and need help.

i want to know if I am not living in america or living outside country like Pakistan ho can i set up my payment payee account in sedo because there is two things that i don't understand 1 there is no IBAN numbers options.
2: there is a (Routing-/ABA) which is just for american bank accounts.

so kindly help me and explain me full how can i set my payee account to get withdraw payment after selling any domain name.

this question is about wire transfer or direct deposit. thank you

•••
Then set N/A into this field.

Regarding IBAN - ask Sedo directly.
I think, it must be set into Account Number field.

Last edited:
•••
THANK you VERY MUCH Jurgen Wolf for your reply.

but wehn ever i try on sedo's live chat the live chat of all time and when i send email ticket they give me respond after 5 to 6, 7 days their support is very very slow.

•••
•••
Regarding LiveChat...
It works only during certain hours (except weekend and holidays)... as it is stated there.
So launch it according to their schedule.

Last edited:
•••
THAN VERY MUCH you are a great helper bro.
please bro can you tell me how can i check who can see my posts or no body can see my post because some days ago i was make a post but i did not get any reply so i don't know can people see my posts or not i am new here.

thank you

•••
•••
you are a real great helper bro thank you very much

•••
Then set N/A into this field.

Regarding IBAN - ask Sedo directly.
I think, it must be set into Account Number field.
I have the same issue.

I called up PayPal customer care in India they said there would be 5.2% charges for receiving money to my PayPal account then currency conversion charges would be applicable.

•••
I have the same issue.

I called up PayPal customer care in India they said there would be 5.2% charges for receiving money to my PayPal account then currency conversion charges would be applicable.

Was that for receiving a Paypal Masspay payment?

Basically Masspay is a really cheap way for a business to send payments, they just put in a spreadsheet of payments to make and get charged a tiny amount for each one, and the recipient usually pays no fee.

Yes Paypal usually charge you 2.5% for currency exchange
https://transferwise.com/us/blog/paypal-currency-conversion-rates

And PayPal will add a 2.5% charge if the following applies to you:

• Receiving money either from a buyer or from a friend or family member in a currency that your PayPal account is not configured to accept.
  • Converting your PayPal balance from one currency to another, not in connection with any transaction.
  • Withdrawing funds from your PayPal balance held in a currency other than U.S. dollars to the bank account linked to your PayPal account.
  • If you sold something and the transaction must be refunded or reversed, and you do not have the correct currency available in your PayPal balance at the time of the refund or reversal.

For info about what hidden fees a sedo buyer encounters, check out this thread:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/sedo-buyer-fee-transparency.1127733/

Also buyers should NEVER PAY IMMEDIATELY FOR A DOMAIN ON SEDO - first ask the Transfer Agent to confirm with the seller that they own the domain before you pay. Sometimes sellers no longer own the domain, and if you pay, Sedo then cancels the transaction and you have to wait to get the money back and you may have to cover the cost of fees and currency exchange.

Last edited:
•••
Was that for receiving a Paypal Masspay payment?

Basically Masspay is a really cheap way for a business to send payments, they just put in a spreadsheet of payments to make and get charged a tiny amount for each one, and the recipient usually pays no fee.

Yes Paypal usually charge you 2.5% for currency exchange
https://transferwise.com/us/blog/paypal-currency-conversion-rates
PayPal confirmed that mass pay option isn't applicable in India.

I went to PayPal transaction history to verify and found they actually charged me 9% for receiving payment

•••
PayPal confirmed that mass pay option isn't applicable in India.

I went to PayPal transaction history to verify and found they actually charged me 9% for receiving payment

Have you asked Sedo what they would charge to send to a bank account?

Using Transferwise or other similar services you can get better exchange rates than banks and Paypal offer.

•••
Have you asked Sedo what they would charge to send to a bank account?

Using Transferwise or other similar services you can get better exchange rates than banks and Paypal offer.
Transferwise doesn't work in India, actually nothing really works in India!

Sedo doesn't charges anything for wire transfer as far as I know. Recipients bank charges a nominal processing fee + a significant currency conversion charges here in India.

•••
HI to all friend's i am new here and need help.

i want to know if I am not living in america or living outside country like Pakistan ho can i set up my payment payee account in sedo because there is two things that i don't understand 1 there is no IBAN numbers options.

so kindly help me and explain me full how can i set my payee account to get withdraw payment after selling any domain name.

this question is about wire transfer or direct deposit. thank you
Exact answer
Screenshot_2019-04-05-12-55-50-27.png

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back