Dynadot

SEDO PARKING - Dangerous !!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tksfrm

Established Member
Impact
I am wondering if I am the only person who sees with ALL my domains parked with SEDO - RED GOOGLE SECURITY WARNING!?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had that problem with a domain [ KeepYourShape.com ] I purchased recently.
The domain was identified by Google as being dangerous. Probably because of the content the previous owner published on the site.

Submit a request to Google to have that warning removed. Their bots will recrawl the domain and if its clean and safe content it will be ok within a day or two, the warning will not appear anymore.

Of course in case of a parked domain, you don't control the content so it might still be identified as "dangerous".

Last edited:
•••
•••
The parked page appears for a split second, then goes to warning page. @Sedo
Fix this, I went to chat like others I am sure, not available

•••
That's why I use Bodis...

•••
Thanks for the heads up tkrsfm
well thought I had the day off time to start the ns moving

Joe T

•••
From SEDO account page:

Parking Issue
We apologize for the inconvenience!

Our server was put on a Browsing Security List, due to one parked domain with traffic irregularities.
This has resulted in our parking pages being blocked by several browsers.

We are giving a high priority to working on removing the block as early as possible in cooperation with the respective external provider.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will keep you posted.

•••
Their emails are now heading straight to spam with a big red "be careful" warning.

•••
Hi everyone, we will be posting this message in our login section soon:

The issue affecting parking has been resolved.

But it is possible that the parked pages are still not displayed correctly in your browser. Please note this should be fixed within the next few hours at the most.

We appreciate your patience and understanding with this issue.

Thank you and keep on parking :)

•••
Turn off Popunders and display ads. They can be used to inject javascript that redirects to dangerous sites.

Common problem with parking sites.

I am wondering if I am the only person who sees with ALL my domains parked with SEDO - RED GOOGLE SECURITY WARNING!?

•••
If your payouts don't improve there's no reason to stay.

But it is possible that the parked pages are still not displayed correctly in your browser. Please note this should be fixed within the next few hours at the most.

•••

It seems now is OK. At least with my domains...

•••

ein bischen dünn ...

--

what a carelessly answer

I personally don't understand it at all
as they didn't even bother to explain

Last edited:
•••
From SEDO account page:

"Our server was put on a Browsing Security List, due to one parked domain with traffic irregularities."

@Sedo Traffic TO a domain wasn't the problem. Your insecure parking pages which allowed an advertiser to insert javascript into their ads was the problem.

FYI - this has been a problem for some time. Turn off Popunders and display ads b/c it will happen again.

•••
Never had pop unders on, ever, so thats not the problem

•••
@Sedo Traffic TO a domain wasn't the problem. Your insecure parking pages which allowed an advertiser to insert javascript into their ads was the problem.

FYI - this has been a problem for some time. Turn off Popunders and display ads b/c it will happen again.

if that fixes the issue
it should not be the problem of the parked page owners

or do you want to change all your domains settings manually at sedos user friendly interface?

Last edited:
•••
if that fixes the issue
it should not be the problem of the parked page owners

Until the DNS / IP address are black listed again. Also.. YOU'RE NOT GETTING PAID FOR TRAFFIC THAT IS REDIRECTED.

I hope @Sedo will reimburse us for the drop in income.

Last edited:
•••
not sure bout sedo.. probably nothing to worry about.. sounds like chrome overeaction on some high security setting or maybe ad blocker?.... but they got lowest payouts in biz.. try voodoo or parkcrew

the only thing you might potentially worry about is places iwth direct ads.. or so called zero click.. like redirectcom where you see popout ads upon entry.. I heard horror stories how google or at least spamhause can put al your domains on spam lists for doing this.. I'm talking the type of direct popup ads like "your pc is infected, please call 1800 blabla to fix" and others.. and some of those direct ad park places show exactly those ad types! watchout!

Last edited:
•••
Until the DNS / IP address are black listed again. Also.. YOU'RE NOT GETTING PAID FOR TRAFFIC THAT IS REDIRECTED.

I hope @Sedo will reimburse us for the drop in income.

absolute me too

I want my $0.50 cent of today compensated!

•••
•••
[
not sure bout sedo.. probably nothing to worry about.. sounds like chrome overeaction on some high security setting or maybe ad blocker?.... but they got lowest payouts in biz.. try voodoo or parkcrew

the only thing you might potentially worry about is places iwth direct ads.. or so called zero click.. like redirectcom where you see popout ads upon entry.. I heard horror stories how google or at least spamhause can put al your domains on spam lists for doing this.. I'm talking the type of direct popup ads like "your pc is infected, please call 1800 blabla to fix" and others.. and some of those direct ad park places show exactly those ad types! watchout!

Yes.. I think it's time to move from SEDO.

•••
I've stopped parking domains on Sedo because they work with untrustable zero-click ads providers. Even with unchecked popunders and 2-clicks portal model they redirect to those zero-click pages, at least on first type-in attempt. On mobile it was even worst, I got repeating message about a worm in my android with more demand than suggestion to download "free antivirus".
I guess it depends of geolocation. I also don't trust on sedo's statistics. I have reasons to think they use "fake" paid traffic.

•••
Does anyone know if parking domains like this can have a negative effect on it's search rankings once it's eventually developed into a proper site? I'm thinking Google has a long memory and may count these parking pages as spam.

•••
I think sedo trying to be greedy! from 2 click to redirect! if you have thousand emd domain, try not to parking with sedo! unless you want your domain get warning page

this issue will not start if sedo not trying to redirect domain to CPA offer! just suggestion, Don't Be greedy! :) its a bad business model! it work for short term, but not for long!

Last edited:
•••
Still happing as of yesterday. Call / email your parking rep and tell them to turn zero click parking off.

I think sedo trying to be greedy! from 2 click to redirect! if you have thousand emd domain, try not to parking with sedo! unless you want your domain get warning page

this issue will not start if sedo not trying to redirect domain to CPA offer! just suggestion, Don't Be greedy! :) its a bad business model! it work for short term, but not for long!

•••
From what I understand, it's the IP address that is black listed, not the domain.

Does anyone know if parking domains like this can have a negative effect on it's search rankings once it's eventually developed into a proper site? I'm thinking Google has a long memory and may count these parking pages as spam.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back