IT.COM

SEDO PARKING - Dangerous !!?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

tksfrm

Established Member
Impact
I am wondering if I am the only person who sees with ALL my domains parked with SEDO - RED GOOGLE SECURITY WARNING!?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure what your asking but there is an option to 'Do not link to my entire portfolio from this offer page' has a 'check box' in each 'domain details' page if you wish to be more private.

•••
You did not understand my point :(

If I write in browser any of my domains (URL) - I do not see parking page - but only Google warning - that this page might be dangerous.

I checked many of my domains and also some domains listed on SEDO by other members - I see the same warning message and red screen!

Last edited:
•••
Can you mention one of your domains or PM me the name of one, so I can examine ?

•••
I've seen the same warning and this is quite concerning...

•••
@doubleU Try this - aionline dot com - At your own risk

•••
You have two in my signature!

•••
Never mind don't know what that is?

Last edited:
•••
No. This is Chrome that is doing it and Chrome determines risky domains/sites through Google's SafeBrowsing initiative (Same is used in FF as well)

•••
Yes, I am using Chrome browser.

I tried with IE Edge - and there is NO warning - but MANY people are using Chrome and FF ...

•••
@doubleU Try this - aionline dot com - At your own risk

I get no red warring sign using 'firefox' for Recrooter.com but what I do get is a plain grey page with nothing on it.

You should contact SEDO support.

•••
I get no red warring sign using 'firefox' for Recrooter.com but what I do get is a plain grey page with nothing on it.

You should contact SEDO support.

Interestingly - with IE Edge I see Recrooter perfectly, but not as I already said with Chrome.
I contacted support, but I wanted to know, If I am the only one.
Obviously not...

•••
To clarify, I don't own aionline dot com. I was checking something out and visited that domain when I saw the warning. I assumed it was a transient error for only that domain but it turns out that this is a larger problem with Sedo.

And Malware warnings from Google are a big red flag. Google automatically downgrades the domain/page when such warnings are issued plus users typically back away from continuing on those pages. Google Chrome is the largest browser by market share and these warnings can have an adverse impact on domains parked with Sedo

•••
opening chev.. and recroot.. all I see using firefox is a grey screen

•••
I just checked random domains parked at sedo and now realize this is a wholesale problem, I have not found any affiliate ads on SEDO pages this morning.

•••
sedo fire fox
upload_2016-8-29_10-21-19.png

sedo chrome

upload_2016-8-29_10-21-40.png

Attachments

• sed-firefox.png
    sed-firefox.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 176
  • sedo-inchrome.png
    sedo-inchrome.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 169
•••
I also checked one of my domain in Chrome and it shows warning. Works well in FireFox.

RG2zKk5.png

•••
And I sent over weekend some selling letters...

I beg they are using IE and not Chrome, as they will think I want to hack them ;(

•••
SEDO has being doing major upgrades to its site, this might be a side effect of recent changes !

•••
I do not like such side effects - they should try firstly - and when all is OK, they should use "in production" !

Imagine this actual effect now - it is happening literary on millions of domains...

Last edited:
•••
And I sent over weekend some selling letters...

I beg they are using IE and not Chrome, as they will think I want to hack them ;(

it should not take long to redirect them elsewhere

•••
Seem to be working like normal at this time from my chrome browser

•••
•••
I was at whois.com last night as i saw the same warning. My namservers had sedo and efty for same name. Dont know how, I edit and was fixed

•••
My apology, all names at sedo are warnings. Bad, i will change my ns to efty asap

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back