NameSilo

Sedo is a joke...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was a sedo member for about 20 days, then my account was closed - without any notification. I made enough money with about 600+ domain names and apparently they won't pay this money.
Haven't even promoted the domain names at all, I got them by chance (bad luck, they were supposed to be paid by someone else...) and frankly I am not a "domain parking" or "ppc" guy. I just tried to monetize the traffic I got.

When I asked what was the reason of closing my account I got the following response:
"We have closed your account for two reasons:
Firstly, we carried out a thorough analysis of your traffic and concluded that it was fake. Because we believe the traffic was fake which contravenes our terms and conditions.
Secondly, and more importantly, we have confirmed that many bids made on your domains have been fake bids and we will not tolerate any attempt to abuse our system."

Regarding first point: fake traffic, I can really not comment this, I haven't spent a cent on getting fake traffic to the domain names, but from the 600+ domain names, there were about 8-10 that had a decent traffic, the rest of them were useless. Why didn't they tell me to remove the domain name that was getting fake traffic?

Regarding the second point: yes, I have received bids for some of the domain names, but how the hell can I control what is a real bid and what is a fake one? I do not even know who bid on a domain name...

Be aware, one day you might get some bids and a few days later your account might be closed with sedo....

This is my experience with Sedo.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
domainresellbiz said:
I was a sedo member for about 20 days, then my account was closed - without any notification. I made enough money with about 600+ domain names and apparently they won't pay this money.
Haven't even promoted the domain names at all, I got them by chance (bad luck, they were supposed to be paid by someone else...) and frankly I am not a "domain parking" or "ppc" guy. I just tried to monetize the traffic I got.

When I asked what was the reason of closing my account I got the following response:
"We have closed your account for two reasons:
Firstly, we carried out a thorough analysis of your traffic and concluded that it was fake. Because we believe the traffic was fake which contravenes our terms and conditions.
Secondly, and more importantly, we have confirmed that many bids made on your domains have been fake bids and we will not tolerate any attempt to abuse our system."

Regarding first point: fake traffic, I can really not comment this, I haven't spent a cent on getting fake traffic to the domain names, but from the 600+ domain names, there were about 8-10 that had a decent traffic, the rest of them were useless. Why didn't they tell me to remove the domain name that was getting fake traffic?

Regarding the second point: yes, I have received bids for some of the domain names, but how the hell can I control what is a real bid and what is a fake one? I do not even know who bid on a domain name...

Be aware, one day you might get some bids and a few days later your account might be closed with sedo....

This is my experience with Sedo.

well not to mention the ppc rate for some keywords.. .....

sorry to hear that
:wave:

•••
sedo are group of Rippers

they don't pay me too.

also closed my account with out any reason and notice. and are not being reply .

Suckers steel our traffics.

•••
Very bad story to read... and worst to read since I know you're an honest person.

•••
One thing I've learned about Sedo -- they assume you're guilty right off the bat. I've received several accusational emails from them, and I've discussed this with them. Their email replies were friendly enough, their reasoning being "it's just an automated form letter we send out"... but that is no reason to make me prove myself innocent. I've literally moved all my 700+ domains to another parking company because of this, and they're aware of it. It was the best move I ever made... I'm getting over three times the PPC earnings now with Fabulous.com.

Sedo is still useful for generating domain sales, and hopefully they'll someday improve their customer relation skills.

•••
discredited my account $140 for "fake traffic"
sedo is like the M$ of domain names

•••
!!!

They haven't paid me my $65 yet. Y'all are making me worried. You guys should pursue a "class action" together and make them prove that you were actually pushing fake traffic to your domains.

Bri

•••
briman1970 said:
They haven't paid me my $65 yet. Y'all are making me worried. You guys should pursue a "class action" together and make them prove that you were actually pushing fake traffic to your domains.

Bri

To be fair, they never went as far as holding money from me (that I'm aware of), just threatening emails.

•••
I was just paid my $127 today.

•••
Sedo, or Domainhop, both are "jokes".

Sorry to hear this, I hope you can settle it with a new parking program.

•••
Fake traffic was one of the reason my account was terminated. But, the other reason (fake bids) is totally stupid...
Since my account was disabled, I am also doing great with another provider.

•••
Domainhop is the worst as they closed my account with no warning....I don't go for any of that fake/fraud schemes to pull traffic all mine is from what I know real. I had about 200+ names parked there and making money then boom I can not login to my account..it said account inactive or something like that...I didn't even bother asking why since they didn't even bother sending me a reason...they can keep the money if they are that hard up...DH is a good service until they cancel your account and keep your money...Sedo I haven't had problems with except the pay ratio is not that good..

•••
•••
looks like many of you all have had bad experiences with Sedo. that's really baaad.

•••
This makes me scared to use sedo, but I have no other choice. I only have about 10 domains, so I can't use fabulous.

•••
Don't be scared off completely from SEDO. They have lots of happy customers and make consistent sales.

mozak said:
Suckers steel our traffics.

Great quote! :laugh:

•••
HI

I have not had a problem with sedo at all in the past 18 months of using them and they always have paid my parking commissions on time or before the 15th of each month.

I am very happy with them.

Thanks
Tom Dahne

•••
Sedo Where Are You Your Company Is Being Put Down And You Are No Where. Bad Imo

•••
And I am one happy customer thus far, don't let a few bad experiences ruin everything. But at the same time, as others have mentioned, it would be great if Sedo could offer a little more explanation and friendlier form emails ;) (Although I understand why they are strongly worded B-) )
-Allan

•••
equity78 said:
Sedo Where Are You Your Company Is Being Put Down And You Are No Where. Bad Imo

What I would like to see is someone from fabulous.com coming in the thread an telling us small portfolio owners that we can park at their service ;)
Sedo ppc is way too low....

•••
As I have mentioned in other threads, we do require that customers own at least 100 domains to be eligible for a wholesale account. However, we are happy to review quality portfolios of any size.

You can submit your interest by filling out this form.

•••
Sedo paid me $20 yesterday via PayPal! My fear has subsided. :tu:

Bri

•••
ApeXX said:
This makes me scared to use sedo, but I have no other choice. I only have about 10 domains, so I can't use fabulous.

Theres a few other places out there besides sedo and fabulous so yes you do have a choice.

•••
$20 is nothing for them. They owed be around 350 EURO when they blocked my account.

•••
-db- said:
Don't be scared off completely from SEDO. They have lots of happy customers and make consistent sales.

I decided to give sedo a try the other day, not much yet as far as parking revenue goes but I did receive a $X,XXX offer, which I accepted obviously, in less then 24hrs. after listing my names.

Time will tell...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back