Dynadot

Sedo is a joke...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was a sedo member for about 20 days, then my account was closed - without any notification. I made enough money with about 600+ domain names and apparently they won't pay this money.
Haven't even promoted the domain names at all, I got them by chance (bad luck, they were supposed to be paid by someone else...) and frankly I am not a "domain parking" or "ppc" guy. I just tried to monetize the traffic I got.

When I asked what was the reason of closing my account I got the following response:
"We have closed your account for two reasons:
Firstly, we carried out a thorough analysis of your traffic and concluded that it was fake. Because we believe the traffic was fake which contravenes our terms and conditions.
Secondly, and more importantly, we have confirmed that many bids made on your domains have been fake bids and we will not tolerate any attempt to abuse our system."

Regarding first point: fake traffic, I can really not comment this, I haven't spent a cent on getting fake traffic to the domain names, but from the 600+ domain names, there were about 8-10 that had a decent traffic, the rest of them were useless. Why didn't they tell me to remove the domain name that was getting fake traffic?

Regarding the second point: yes, I have received bids for some of the domain names, but how the hell can I control what is a real bid and what is a fake one? I do not even know who bid on a domain name...

Be aware, one day you might get some bids and a few days later your account might be closed with sedo....

This is my experience with Sedo.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Tippy said:
I decided to give sedo a try the other day, not much yet as far as parking revenue goes but I did receive a $X,XXX offer, which I accepted obviously, in less then 24hrs. after listing my names.

Time will tell...

I received one bogus offer and real one, so score is 50% success rate so far. The payment escrow service is also good.

Cheers,
Em

•••
TheWatcher said:
I received one bogus offer and real one, so score is 50% success rate so far. The payment escrow service is also good.

Cheers,
Em

Hmm... as far as the bogus offer goes, did you and the buyer agree on a price, like was it a done deal as far as you/sedo were concerned?

Thanks,

Mike

•••
It looks like sedo do not want to comment this post...

•••
domainresellbiz said:
It looks like sedo do not want to comment this post...

They may not be aware of it.

•••
What is their member name?
I personally do not mind discussing my case in public as I have nothing to hide. I know I haven't done anything wrong.

BTW, after my account was disabled, I still get offers for my domain names through sedo... and funny... I also got a report stating:

"Thank you for participating in our Paid Domain Parking Program.
Please find the evaluation of banner clicks as a result from
your parked domains of last month in the following:

Revenue May 2005: 0.94 Euro
Earnings from previous months: 35.66 Euro

Total amount: 36.60 Euro"

I have to mention that in May I earned at least 350 EURO before my account was closed (actually I moved all my domain names to sedo in May, about 600+, in April, I only had about 10 domain names parked with them...). Frankly, I do not know how did they calculate that from the 350+ EURO, 0.94 EURO was valid not "fake".

Not to mention that although I received the above email a few days ago (about 20 days AFTER my account was closed) I can not login...

If they disabled my account why are they still sending me bids and reports?

•••
Tippy said:
Hmm... as far as the bogus offer goes, did you and the buyer agree on a price, like was it a done deal as far as you/sedo were concerned?

Thanks,

Mike

Yes, sedo actually asked me if I want to pursue it through legal. I said no, because of legal cost involve over the price of the domain name is not worth it. Though I told sedo at least they should banned that user/member to avoid this kind of incident to all domain businesses.

Regards,
em

•••
Tippy said:
I decided to give sedo a try the other day, not much yet as far as parking revenue goes but I did receive a $X,XXX offer, which I accepted obviously, in less then 24hrs. after listing my names.

Time will tell...

Hey, that's great. I hope it goes thru without any hassle. Update us if you get a chance!

:tu:

•••
What were the domains that they were disputing and what was it about the bids that lead them to blv they're faked?

domainresellbiz said:
I was a sedo member for about 20 days, then my account was closed - without any notification. I made enough money with about 600+ domain names and apparently they won't pay this money.
Haven't even promoted the domain names at all, I got them by chance (bad luck, they were supposed to be paid by someone else...) and frankly I am not a "domain parking" or "ppc" guy. I just tried to monetize the traffic I got.

When I asked what was the reason of closing my account I got the following response:
"We have closed your account for two reasons:
Firstly, we carried out a thorough analysis of your traffic and concluded that it was fake. Because we believe the traffic was fake which contravenes our terms and conditions.
Secondly, and more importantly, we have confirmed that many bids made on your domains have been fake bids and we will not tolerate any attempt to abuse our system."

Regarding first point: fake traffic, I can really not comment this, I haven't spent a cent on getting fake traffic to the domain names, but from the 600+ domain names, there were about 8-10 that had a decent traffic, the rest of them were useless. Why didn't they tell me to remove the domain name that was getting fake traffic?

Regarding the second point: yes, I have received bids for some of the domain names, but how the hell can I control what is a real bid and what is a fake one? I do not even know who bid on a domain name...

Be aware, one day you might get some bids and a few days later your account might be closed with sedo....

This is my experience with Sedo.

•••
my account was also terminated without reason....

•••
How long you've been with sedo before it terminate your account?

Em

•••
-db- said:
Hey, that's great. I hope it goes thru without any hassle. Update us if you get a chance!

:tu:

:bingo: $ received, transaction completed :)

•••
Hello All,

These posts have not gone unanswered, I have been in contact with both domainresellbiz and niche4u in regards to their accounts and am discussing their individual cases.

Mara
[email protected]

•••
Mara,

Thanks for stepping in. It would be nice if you would state publically what Sedo is doing about these situations. It's a concern we all have. When you only discuss privately, it doesn't help the rest of us who are hoping for answers. Thanks again,

Gene

Sedo said:
Hello All,

These posts have not gone unanswered, I have been in contact with both domainresellbiz and niche4u in regards to their accounts and am discussing their individual cases.

Mara
[email protected]

•••
Each case has to be considered on an individual basis. We certaintly re-examine the member's account, listen to their comments and modify our actions when necessary. Sorry this may be vauge, but it is difficult to generalize.

Mara
[email protected]

•••
Mara,
Thanks for taking the time to respond to questions and post here in the NP forum. In my opinion, your presence here speaks alot about sedo's attitude/effort toward ensuring customer satisfaction.
Keep up the good work! :tu:

- Scott

•••
Tippy said:
:bingo: $ received, transaction completed :)

Congratulations Mike, that's fantastic. YES! :tu:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back