Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Sedo

Top Member
Impact
1,099
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)
 
Last edited:
20
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Hello @Sedo You placed my listings again on your platform without my permission. Why won't you verify domains via TXT or CNAME records?
 
0
•••
Hello @Sedo You placed my listings again on your platform without my permission. Why won't you verify domains via TXT or CNAME records?
You're shouting into the wind unfortunately. They don't respond here.
 
2
•••
Hello @Sedo You placed my listings again on your platform without my permission. Why won't you verify domains via TXT or CNAME records?

Because it's one of the Sedo Superusers (some of which are scammers with 'big portfolios') who don't have to follow the same rules as the rest of us.
 
4
•••
Does anyone know where to find the most current trending keywords for September 2026? The most recent one I found was May 2026.
 
1
•••
Last edited:
2
•••
Sedo new payment processor converts the payouts to the currency of the seller country which induces an additional exchange fee. It is currently not possible or receive US dollars for domain sales unless you live in the USA(?). Moreover, if you have added your USD bank account, your bank will likely convert the received amount back to USD generating another fee.

I delisted all my domains on Sedo and will wait until they fix this.
 
Last edited:
5
•••
Sedo new payment processor converts the payouts to the currency of the seller country which induces an additional exchange fee. It is currently not possible or receive US dollars for domain sales unless you live in the USA(?). Moreover, if you have added your USD bank account, your bank will likely convert the received amount back to USD generating another fee.

Interesting, I live in the EU but not Eurozone, and I've always had payouts in euro (sold domains in EUR, USD and GBP), to my paypal or EUR bank account. Is it not available any more? Can anyone confirm?
 
0
•••
Interesting, I live in the EU but not Eurozone, and I've always had payouts in euro (sold domains in EUR, USD and GBP), to my paypal or EUR bank account. Is it not available any more? Can anyone confirm?

Have you got through their new verification procedure including your bank account?
When did you have your last sale on Sedo (mine this month) ?
 
1
•••
0
•••

When your next sale happens, they will request you to go through a verification procedure conducted by their new payment processor Ayden. Traditional Sedo certifications of 3 levels seem now outdated.

You can find more on their new verification procedure here:
https://sedo.com/us/verify-now/

I received an email from Sedo announcing it in September, so it's quite fresh.
 
5
•••
When your next sale happens, they will request you to go through a verification procedure conducted by their new payment processor Ayden. Traditional Sedo certifications of 3 levels seem now outdated.

You can find more on their new verification procedure here:
https://sedo.com/us/verify-now/

I received an email from Sedo announcing it in September, so it's quite fresh.
Do you know if adyen it's forced to paypal payout accounts as well+
 
0
•••
Do you know if adyen it's forced to paypal payout accounts as well+

Well, I was hoping PayPal payouts could still go the old way, but then read the below tip on Sedo page:

For regulatory reasons, earnings from your domain sales can only be paid to your bank account. All other earnings (parking, brokerage) can also be paid to via PayPal.
 
4
•••
When your next sale happens, they will request you to go through a verification procedure conducted by their new payment processor Ayden. Traditional Sedo certifications of 3 levels seem now outdated.

You can find more on their new verification procedure here:
https://sedo.com/us/verify-now/

I received an email from Sedo announcing it in September, so it's quite fresh.

I haven't received any communication, that's the thing... Maybe because I've been buying and selling as a company since 2006 so they have all they need? I guess we'll see...
 
Last edited:
2
•••
Does anyone know do Sedo non-MLS listings (like .si) propagate into the Sedo approved MLS registrars?
I would imagine not, but just wanted to double check
 
0
•••
Does anyone know do Sedo non-MLS listings (like .si) propagate into the Sedo approved MLS registrars?
I would imagine not, but just wanted to double check

It will depend on the registrar, technically it's possible to show such domain as for-sale and redirect to a registrar-branded sedo lander, but in practice I haven't seen it for a long time, so I wouldn't be surprised if nobody did it any more.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back