Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
OH MY GOSH!!! The old style SEDO listings page is back!!!! The home page still has a black hole header....

THANK YOU! Sedo! Is the permanent?

•••
Some strange things going on at Sedo. Last time I purchased a domain there, for the first time ever they asked me to send the wire transfer to their bank in the U.S. even though both I and Sedo are based in the E.U. Before that it was always payment in EUR to their bank in Germany.
Hi,

Thank you for your comment.

This is the current handling of currency conversion when selling your domains through Sedo: For sellers all payments are issued in the listing currency for general marketplace transactions: If you list your domain in USD, your payout will be in USD. If you list in EUR, your payout will be EUR, If you list in GBP, your payout will be in GBP. One reason for this was to simplify currency conversions for all parties and to prevent some cases of the currency from being converted twice.

If you want to receive your payout in Euro, we suggest to change the domain prices to Euro. This way you would remove any currency risk for yourself and you would always know exactly what price in Euro you will get when selling. Please see as well our FAQ for this matter here: https://faq-us.sedo.com/app/answers/detail/a\_id/4390/kw/currency%20conversion

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hi,

Thank you for your comment.

This is the current handling of currency conversion when selling your domains through Sedo: For sellers all payments are issued in the listing currency for general marketplace transactions: If you list your domain in USD, your payout will be in USD. If you list in EUR, your payout will be EUR, If you list in GBP, your payout will be in GBP. One reason for this was to simplify currency conversions for all parties and to prevent some cases of the currency from being converted twice.

If you want to receive your payout in Euro, we suggest to change the domain prices to Euro. This way you would remove any currency risk for yourself and you would always know exactly what price in Euro you will get when selling. Please see as well our FAQ for this matter here: https://faq-us.sedo.com/app/answers/detail/a\_id/4390/kw/currency%20conversion

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team
Hello

Thank you for the explanation. But I am the buyer - not the seller. When buying a domain by wire transfer, in the past you have always asked me to send the money in EUR (even if the seller listed the domain in USD) to your bank account in Germany. But the last two times, you have asked me to send the amount in USD to your bank account in the USA.

It is not a problem. I just wonder why.

•••
In order to follow the SedoMLS status, I take a look at the table from time to time and naturally I encounter the following warning in some of the domains I transferred:

exclamationmark.gif
Domain not at selected registrar

If you can identify and compare which registrar the domain name is in, why do you force users to make this selection manually?

In other words; if you have access to this data, you can technically assign the registrar of the listed domains automatically.

•••
In order to follow the SedoMLS status, I take a look at the table from time to time and naturally I encounter the following warning in some of the domains I transferred:

If you can identify and compare which registrar the domain name is in, why do you force users to make this selection manually?

In other words; if you have access to this data, you can technically assign the registrar of the listed domains automatically.
Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I would like to clarify that we do not have access to the data, nor do we identify and compare the registrar with which your domain is registered.

Once you select a domain registrar from the provided list, our system simply contacts the registrar through an API. This process confirms whether the registrar you have chosen is the correct one.If it is not, you will receive a message stating 'domain not at selected registrar,' similar to the message you have encountered.If the selected registrar is correct and confirmed through the API, the domain status will change to 'waiting on approval.

At this point, you will need to follow the necessary steps with your registrar to confirm the request before the service can be activated.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact our customer support team via [email protected].

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hi @Sedo
Is there an option for a portfolio link on the new landers?

•••
Hi @Sedo
Is there an option for a portfolio link on the new landers?
Hi,

The design of the lander has been intentionally kept minimalist. The goal is to keep visitors and potential buyers attention focused on the domain that is up for sale. Therefore, we have decided not to add a portfolio link.
Please note that you cannot customize the new sales lander.

If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to contact our customer support team via [email protected].

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
The goal is to keep visitors and potential buyers attention focused on the domain that is up for sale.
does Sedo realize that, at this time, attention of potential buyers is focused on cookie banner - the largest cookie banner I've seen on any EU-based website?

Last edited:
•••
@Sedo When are we getting crypto payouts, either directly or through a third party like bitpay?

Last edited:
•••
does Sedo realize that, at this time, attention of potential buyers is focused on cookie banner - the largest cookie banner I've seen on any EU-based website?
Yeah, it's pretty bad UX. Especially if they're going for a streamlined, minimalist experience. That banner is 10x the size it should be.

•••
why does sedo have a link to expireddomains.net on my/their offer page? does this link suddenly appear on anybody's elses offer page?

•••
why does sedo have a link to expireddomains.net on my/their offer page? does this link suddenly appear on anybody's elses offer page?
Hello,

We are unable to locate any link to expireddomains.net on the marketplace/offer page. If possible, could you please share a screenshot that shows the link? This will help us further investigate.

Thank you,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hello,

We are unable to locate any link to expireddomains.net on the marketplace/offer page. If possible, could you please share a screenshot that shows the link? This will help us further investigate.

Thank you,
Your Sedo Team
it no longer appears. it stopped appearing later that same day. it was a working link that would take me to the expireddomains.net homepage.

•••
•••
@Sedo

1.png

About the fee structure for Buy Now sales

a) Name servers pointed at Sedo + b) Buy Now or Best Offer option --> 10% commission "if the domain is sold directly through the Sedo marketplace."

What if a) and b) are in place BUT the domain is sold through SedoMLS on a partner site?
20% commission?

What if b) (Buy Now or Best Offer option) is in place but not a) i.e. name servers are NOT pointed at SEDO?
20% commission (irrespective of which marketplace the sale takes place on)?

If that was already answered, a link to the relevant post will do it.
Thanks!

•••
•••
question 2...15%

So, Buy Nows have a

10% commission: NS pointed at Sedo + sold on Sedo Marketplace

15% commission: NS not pointed at Sedo + sold on Sedo Marketplace

20% commission: NS not pointed at Sedo + sold on partner site

?

•••
So, Buy Nows have a

10% commission: NS pointed at Sedo + sold on Sedo Marketplace

15% commission: NS not pointed at Sedo + sold on Sedo Marketplace

20% commission: NS not pointed at Sedo + sold on partner site

?
Screenshot 2023-06-06 11.46.34 AM.png

•••
@Sedo

Show attachment 239393

About the fee structure for Buy Now sales

a) Name servers pointed at Sedo + b) Buy Now or Best Offer option --> 10% commission "if the domain is sold directly through the Sedo marketplace."

What if a) and b) are in place BUT the domain is sold through SedoMLS on a partner site?
20% commission?

What if b) (Buy Now or Best Offer option) is in place but not a) i.e. name servers are NOT pointed at SEDO?
20% commission (irrespective of which marketplace the sale takes place on)?

If that was already answered, a link to the relevant post will do it.
Thanks!
Hello, Thank you for your message.

If your domain is sold through our SedoMLS network on a partner site, then we charge a fee of 20% of the gross sale price. This fee applies whether the domain is listed as Buy Now, Best Offer, or if you use Sedo-Parking or Sedo Sales Lander. Any sales whatsoever through SedoMLS are charged at 20%

If your domain is NOT parked with Sedos name servers and is listed as Buy Now or Best Offer at the time that it sells directly through Sedos marketplace. The commission fee will be 15%.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••

If your domain is sold through our SedoMLS network on a partner site, then we charge a fee of 20% of the gross sale price. This fee applies whether the domain is listed as Buy Now, Best Offer, or if you use Sedo-Parking or Sedo Sales Lander. Any sales whatsoever through SedoMLS are charged at 20%

If your domain is NOT parked with Sedos name servers and is listed as Buy Now or Best Offer at the time that it sells directly through Sedos marketplace. The commission fee will be 15%.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team
if a seller parks with sedo it is 20% and if they don't park with sedo it is 15% ?

•••
if a seller parks with sedo it is 20% and if they don't park with sedo it is 15% ?
Hi,

The fee is 20%, if the domain is sold through SedoMLS network on a partner site, whether if it is parked with Sedo.
The fee is 15%, if the domain is sold through our Marketplace as Buy Now or Best offer + is not parked with Sedos name servers.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Correct me if I’m wrong, but since SEDO is a German company, shouldn’t VAT not apply to non-EU companies?

•••

Thanks Sedo

So - provided that I'm getting it right - this is Sedo's fees structure regarding "Buy Now or Best offer" listings:

Sold on Sedo marketplace
Parking
10%

Sold on Sedo marketplace
No parking
15%

Sold on Partner marketplace
Parking
20%

Sold on Partner marketplace
No parking
20%

•••
Trying to sell a domain at sedo , is it worth putting ads on the domain ? The domain gets about 100 uniques daily and a few clicks .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back