Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Sedo

The TXT for verification is not appearing

Show attachment 237358
Hello,

Thank you for informing us that you see the verification ID box as empty. Our technical department is looking further into it.

To find your owner verification ID, please visit the "My Account" page and click on the tab 'General Settings.' There you can simply copy your ID by clicking the 'Copy ID'.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
It looks like Sedo has changed the search page, and the result is not good. There are hardly any filters left now.

You cannot search for when a domain was listed or exclude hyphens and numbers. You can't search for special inventory either. So you can't easily search for Sedo's own auctions such as the current 3-letter auction, and the link on the front page leads to all names at auction.

Oh, and my saved searches have disappeared as well.

Last edited:
•••
Sedo... this is the most backward thinking update I have ever seen. You can't even search for "starts/end with a particular keyword". And only showing 6 domains at a time, you have to manually click on "Show More Results". I mean, who is this update for? Change for the sake of change is not good especially when seemingly no thought is given to functionality, usability, and overall UX. Sedo finally gets the oppurtunity to take advantage of people wanting an alternative to Godaddy/Afternic and they go and do this? I've done a lot of buying on Sedo in past and this new setup is no longer usable. You guys need to higher some fresh young blood with forward thinking ideas instead of this crap you're looking to push. Hopefully this is just an accidental release of an Alpha product... yes... that's it.

•••
Sedo finally gets the oppurtunity to take advantage of people wanting an alternative to Godaddy/Afternic
Very true. Wanted to post here some things that Sedo should consider implementing, but... Looking at all the recent changes... just one question to @Sedo - does it make sense to spend time and efforts doing so?

•••
Marketplace auction listing fee or free?

While in the old pic details it says 'No initial fee, in the new details page under -Main menu- What we offer- price list, it says 'free' and the detail sounds like there will be no auction listing fee and only the commission. Was there commission on old model and now it's removed or same case or there was never a listing fee when listing a domain for auction after the first offer?

Ref pics below
Screenshot_20230522-163306.png

Screenshot_20230522-163453.png

•••
And the other issue with search results is, it never show .it.com extension domain names in the results. It always show availability of the respective keyword in few extensions and then shows availability of random keyword combination names in a selected list of extensions instead of the complete list of keyword.extensions availability.
You can check afternic search results once which show the availability of keyword in all extensions listed there.

•••
Marketplace auction listing fee or free?

While in the old pic details it says 'No initial fee, in the new details page under -Main menu- What we offer- price list, it says 'free' and the detail sounds like there will be no auction listing fee and only the commission. Was there commission on old model and now it's removed or same case or there was never a listing fee when listing a domain for auction after the first offer?

Ref pics below
Show attachment 238061
Show attachment 238062
Hello,

Thank you for your comment.

There is no charge for starting a marketplace auction, so it is a free service. However, in order to start one, you must have received an offer on a domain directly through our standard marketplace. You can start the auction from that offer then.

The process for starting a Marketplace Auction is as follows:

1. List your domain for sale in your Sedo account.
  2. Receive an offer from an interested buyer through the standard Sedo marketplace.
  3. Accept the offer as the starting bid and reserve price for your auction within the first 5 days of the 7-day binding offer period. This is usually "Option C" in the bid thread details when available.
  4. Wait to receive additional bids during the remaining time of the auction. Since you already have a committed buyer at the reserve price, your auction listing is guaranteed to result in a sale, even if no other bids are made.
Please don't hesitate to contact our customer support ([email protected]) if you have further questions.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Thank you for your feedback.

Last edited:
•••
the Sedo-Logo is missing on mobile view.
On my iPhone / I am using "iOS 15.7.2" and Safari-Browser-version 15.

•••
Sedo, sorry for this comment. I love SEDO and love how you do things.

EXCEPT....your website redesign is terrible! REALLY stupid.

Remember, you build the website for your readers and users!
Web design is subjective, the design speaks to the reader/user...

the web design hits them at a ***subconscious level*** some folks don't realize they are getting a negative vibe from a website BECAUSE of the design.... colors, fonts, layout, sizing affects your customers! They just leave because they don't like it.

Give me back form and function.... the ability to select my search parameters....

Pretty and fluff is useless....Huge sections with huge graphics is wasted space. It slaps you in the face. I don't care how many people are watching a domain name.... the comment is clutter, distracting and useless.

Give me back the old SEDO!!!

•••
@Sedo. I see you have deleted your latest message regarding the new search page.

So besides from removing most search parameters, you now run auctions where we cannot even see the current bids without clicking on each domain individually.

1684833735270.png

Here at NamePros, you have access to free feedback from some of your biggest and most experienced customers. Yet you choose to implement these changes without warning and then plan to maybe ask for feedback later. I just don't get it to be honest.

Last edited:
•••
I was getting ready to list some Domains for sale on Sedo..... and now I am NOT going to list anything!

About Sedo's Redesign:

So much wasted space on the selling pages.
Clean it up, take out the red: " 3 people are watching this domain",
Nothing but a distraction and useless.... it only serves to irritate your customers.

Bring back the spreadsheet like listings.... this is true form follows function. It is simple and allows one to see something like 25 domains. This is a big help is searching comps!

Give us back ALL!! ALL!!! the search options that existed before the redesign!

We cannot chose:
Contains
At the beginning
At the end

HATE the BLACK headers/footers and huge promo graphics.... it is depressing....makes me feel like I am at a funeral. Go back to Sedo Blue! The footer is 10 inches tall on my monitor, it takes up the whole screen!!!!
so much wasted space.

I think some wanna be designer did not consider how the layout and design would show up on Desktop monitors, (27 inch 32 inch and larger). Go ahead and just slap me in the face!

The promo graphics are so huge, that it takes me 7 scrolls with my mouse to get to the bottom of the page!

Sorry Sedo, it is frustrating when we feel a loss of control and have no say regarding the website redesign. You build the website for your customers, not for some insider who thinks fluff and pretty will serve a purpose.

I am so disappointed with y'all. Please fix this.:xf.cry:

•••
If the plan was to further decrease your market share, this is actually perfect.

•••
Yeah, I'm trying to put two domains up for sale on your website, as we speak. The personal ID field is blank for me so I can't self-verify. The agent on the phone even said she's not experienced with it and will have to call me back. It's like the new design was mixed with the old backend, which broke some features from the backend. Super weird, but also, a big wtf as well.

•••
Yeah, I'm trying to put two domains up for sale on your website, as we speak. The personal ID field is blank for me so I can't self-verify. The agent on the phone even said she's not experienced with it and will have to call me back. It's like the new design was mixed with the old backend, which broke some features from the backend. Super weird, but also, a big wtf as well.
go to ...my account...and click on ...general settings...you can copy your verification id there

•••
Although I have always priced domain names in USD since I started working with Sedo, I have received the payments of my previous 4 sales in Euros to my bank account located in Belgium without any problems so far.

However, in my last sale, even though the domain name transfer was completed, there was no action regarding the payment for 10 days. When I asked about the status of the payment, support team informed me that the sale was based on USD, so there was confusion in the accounting department. So if I hadn't asked, no one would have cared about the process. After that, a lot of problems were raised by the support team member that I couldn't understand. It has been stated that from now on all payments will be made only in the currency in which the domain name is sold.

Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 02.31.49.png

Is this information correct, or are some of your employees producing arbitrary rules? If true, why not inform your business partners of such a critical change? Am I paying the huge 20% commission just to face this kind of absurdity while I take on the whole workload?

Moreover, the question I asked about the loss of 10€ in the payment was completely ignored.

If you do not want to do business, you can clearly state this. I wouldn't be wasting hours and days trying to add my domains to Sedo.

-----

Apart from this issue, there are domain names waiting on the verification list for 1 week even though TXT records are valid. It is not even possible to delete and re-add these stuck names to restart the process.

•••
omg. first sedo changed the account/payout config. then it changed search. and now this - "we can no longer send payments in another currency". Does Sedo realize that bankwire details for different currencies may be different, including account numbers? So, if the seller is pricing different domains in different currencies (such as pricing only EU-related domains in Euros, .uk in GBP, others in USD etc) - then Sedo must now provide an opportunity to save different bankwire profiles? To the contrary, only one bankwire profile can be saved!
@Sedo

•••
omg. first sedo changed the account/payout config. then it changed search. and now this - "we can no longer send payments in another currency". Does Sedo realize that bankwire details for different currencies may be different, including account numbers? So, if the seller is pricing different domains in different currencies (such as pricing only EU-related domains in Euros, .uk in GBP, others in USD etc) - then Sedo must now provide an opportunity to save different bankwire profiles? To the contrary, only one bankwire profile can be saved!
@Sedo
Some strange things going on at Sedo. Last time I purchased a domain there, for the first time ever they asked me to send the wire transfer to their bank in the U.S. even though both I and Sedo are based in the E.U. Before that it was always payment in EUR to their bank in Germany.

•••
The new search page is made not to find domain names.

•••
The "header" with the SEDO-Logo and search-field should have a different background-color than the menu-header which contains the menu-items "What we offer / Buy Domains / Sell Domains / etc."

Because of the same background-color, the whole "header" looks a bit confusing.
Ideally, the background-color for the SEDO-Logo and the search-field should be blue.

1684935555885.png

Last edited:
•••
The new search page is made not to find domain names.
Exactly. When a user tries to find a particular name/keyword, he already decided what name he wants. In that case,
1. First keyword.all extensions should be shown
2. Second synonyms.extensions
3. Third, Related words & combinations.extensions

My opinion is that the above would help the user find a domain he wants easier than how it works now.

For example, in the showcase domains you have 'First.contact' listed.
When I search for the keyword 'First',it just shows first.co and first.in and the rest all are related keywords. First.contact is not going to be found.
Screenshot_20230524-213210.png

For comparison please check how afternic shows the result for the same keyword.
Screenshot_20230524-213444.png

Dan result shows keyword combination .com along with other keyword.all extensions.
Screenshot_20230524-214123_1.png

In case of Sedo search results, user looking for a particular keyword will not see all the options available. It's showing many irrelevant / relevant keyword results than the actual keyword user is searching for.

Just my opinion. You may have different reason to show only the top extensions, if that helps you.

•••
For me the old things ( filters, design) are back.

Attachments

• Sedo.jpg
    Sedo.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 32
•••
For me the old things ( filters, design) are back.
Can confirm. All recent changes have been reversed, also in private Domain Management area.

Last edited:
•••
Dear all,

Since Monday some of you have seen a new beta version of our domain search that is tailored to end users who do not purchase domains on a regular basis.
First of all, thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Be sure we listen to it.

What happened?
This beta version of the domain search was planned to only be visible for a specific target group. Unfortunately it got rolled out to a larger audience.
For now we have brought the "old" search back for all users.

Please know that we value your feedback and listen to it - even if we don't respond to everything individually.

•••
Dear all,

Since Monday some of you have seen a new beta version of our domain search that is tailored to end users who do not purchase domains on a regular basis.
First of all, thank you very much for your valuable feedback. Be sure we listen to it.

What happened?
This beta version of the domain search was planned to only be visible for a specific target group. Unfortunately it got rolled out to a larger audience.
For now we have brought the "old" search back for all users.

Please know that we value your feedback and listen to it - even if we don't respond to everything individually.
Thanks.

But it wasn't only Search. Some new pulldown menus in Domain/Account Management changed as well, and they didn't work well either.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back