Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is Sedo's Ownership Authorization System down right now?

I've never had a problem before, but I loaded some domains late last week, checked the DNS TXT were there using a tool (GoDaddy and DAN loaded them no problem) and after 1+ days (GD is usually the straggler) I changed the nameservers.

Today I get a Sedo email stating that I have not authorized the domains and they will be deleted in 10 days, So back go the nameservers to standard and the Sedo DNS code is showing up, but hours later still no movement.
Its been slow lately. Usually I just change the dns servers to ns1.sedoparking.../etc, wait a few minutes, submit to Sedo and .COM's get accepted right away. This morning I did that with 3 new names and 4 hours later its still not verified. Same thing happened yesterday.

•••
Who wants to type in a url and land at this page? We know what its about but normal people not so sure.
This is for sale lander and what appears for uncookied people. If someöne typed in PianoMoving.horse as example and this page came up would people click accept or think omg more spam

Attachments

• 241E121B-3E90-4727-A95D-00469F2EA6AA.png
    241E121B-3E90-4727-A95D-00469F2EA6AA.png
    903.5 KB · Views: 97
•••
Issue resolved by Sedo NP rep.
2 days and counting and DNS verification hasn't completed. Their social media account has DMs open but don't respond to questions.

Last edited:
•••
Sedo parking pages, like Bodis parking pages now show a blank page if people are running the adblocker ublock origin. Ublock is one of the most popular adblockers and listed first in the list of top adblockers for 2022 by pcmag.

•••
This was the last straw.

I tried listing LAgym(dotcom) on their GreatDomains auction a few months ago and got refused. I tried to list web-3(dotcom) on GreatDomains auction this week, but again, got refused.

IDK how it's even possible for these to get refused but absolutely trash domains to get accepted: https://sedo.com/search/?language=us&listing_type[0]=4

Will probably remove my domains listed with them.

•••
This was the last straw.

I tried listing LAgym(dotcom) on their GreatDomains auction a few months ago and got refused. I tried to list web-3(dotcom) on GreatDomains auction this week, but again, got refused.

IDK how it's even possible for these to get refused but absolutely trash domains to get accepted: https://sedo.com/search/?language=us&listing_type[0]=4

Will probably remove my domains listed with them.
L.A. Gym is a trademark and variants of it are companies. Might be why rejected.

Last edited:
•••
The SEDO is not as good as before,
At least I think so,
A few months ago, I won two CVCVs in SEDO's auction,
Their reserve price is only 99 dollars,
Finally, I paid the money, but I didn't get these two domain names,
The answer given by SEDO is that the seller has defaulted,
I really can't understand that the seller set the reservation price to 99 dollars,
Then I was really dissatisfied with the thousands of dollars later sold,
If he wants to sell at a higher price, he can set the reservation price higher,
One more thing to note,
The seller paid 15% of the penalty,
So I think this is the main reason why SEDO agreed to the seller's breach of contract,
Because it's the same for them,
But I did not get these liquidated damages

•••
•••
sedo seems to only offer buyers paypal as an option for prices up to $5000. $5001 and higher shows no paypal option. is this something new or has it been this way for a while? new to me.

•••
@Sedo we need a choice of good pictures for our landers (y)

•••
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)
hello keith,
can you help me with my problem ?
so, i just try to bought a domain from sedo 3 days ago .
and my account was freezed because suspicious payment because i use dummy name for sedo account.
i already give my ID CARD because they ask , but it steel freezed .
its fine to be freezed but i already paid the domain that i want to buy.
after my id freezed they dont refund my money i already try to email them for 3 days but they only answer "your money will be refund shortly", but till now i dont get my money back .
i try to send email each day but no reply at all .
at least give me update when will the money refunded, but they dont give any update .
can you help me with this ? thankyou before

•••
sedo seems to only offer buyers paypal as an option for prices up to $5000. $5001 and higher shows no paypal option. is this something new or has it been this way for a while? new to me.
We are confirming that PayPal and credit card can't be used for purchases above $5,000. If the price is over $5,000, we recommend to use wire transfer.
When it comes to receiving money for selling a domain, the paypal payout is $10,000 instead, but buying domains anything over $5,000 needs to be wire transfer. We hope this answer helps, and we're sorry for the late reply.

•••
We are confirming that PayPal and credit card can't be used for purchases above $5,000. If the price is over $5,000, we recommend to use wire transfer.
When it comes to receiving money for selling a domain, the paypal payout is $10,000 instead, but buying domains anything over $5,000 needs to be wire transfer. We hope this answer helps, and we're sorry for the late reply.
if a payout to a seller exceeds the paypal limit, would sedo spread the payouts out over multiple months or would the seller have to choose another payout method?

•••
if a payout to a seller exceeds the paypal limit, would sedo spread the payouts out over multiple months or would the seller have to choose another payout method?
Spreading the payouts is not possible. That means that you would need to choose another payout method.

•••
i understood that paypal would accept a maximum of $5,000 per payment (that may be outdated). are you saying that they will accept $10,000 per payment?

•••
You can log into your Sedo account and then choose the tab "Payment Details" in the "My Account" section. If you choose PayPal, you will see the following notification:
PayPal payments can only be made for amounts less than 10,000 USD. If you expect a payment for more than this amount, please update your bank details accordingly.
That's why wire transfer is the payout method that we recommend for any sales above $10,000.

•••
sedo reps have been on here at nps stating that when you make a sale at a bin price through the sedo marketplace using a sedo lander the commission is 10%. here is the price list on the sedo site...
Screenshot 2023-01-11 1.37.22 AM.png

•••
sedo reps have been on here at nps stating that when you make a sale at a bin price through the sedo marketplace using a sedo lander the commission is 10%. here is the price list on the sedo site...Show attachment 230142
I parked a domain on Sedo but they charged 15% + vat
so total like 20% !!!
1673424472284-png.230148

? ? ?

Last edited:
•••
I parked a domain on Sedo but they charged 15% + vat
so total like 20% !!!
1673424472284-png.230148

? ? ?

The commission of 15% applies if the domain was sold via Make offer. If you sell a domain on Sedo, then Sedo will charge VAT on the commission fee. Depending on your country of residence, the commission fee can vary. For example, VAT for Ireland is 23%.

•••
The commission of 15% applies if the domain was sold via Make offer. If you sell a domain on Sedo, then Sedo will charge VAT on the commission fee. Depending on your country of residence, the commission fee can vary. For example, VAT for Ireland is 23%.
Could you eliminate the confusion with an explicit statement on your website indicating that the 15% rather applies if you lander has Buy Now AND Make Offer? If your lander does not state something to the effect of "BUY Now or MAKE BEST OFFER," you're not getting the 10% commission.

I was confused by this for some time,and I believe others still are missing this important fact. A 50% higher commission on a lander is not a trivial matter.

•••
It was fixed price, there was no"make offer" option on page, but it charged 15%, so I'm confused.
I'm using Payoneer for cashout ( yep it's provide me Ireland bank account )

p.s. Are you personaly using Sedo ?

Last edited:
•••
It was fixed price, there was no"make offer" option on page, but it charged 15%, so I'm confused.
I'm from Ukraine and I'm in Ukraine, 🇺🇦
I'm using Payoneer for cashout ( yep it's provide me Ireland bank account )

p.s. Are you personaly using Sedo :ROFL: ?
Thanks for letting us know. We will look into this with our transfer agent and get back to you.

•••
Thanks for letting us know. We will look into this with our transfer agent and get back to you.
Hey what's going on ?
It needs investigation, why numbers changed after my post here

now there are new numbers everywhere at Sedo, but not at my bank account !

1) why numbers changed?
2) where are $2.13 ?

Attachments

• 1673451231366.png
    1673451231366.png
    15.1 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
•••
Hey what's going on ?
It needs investigation, why numbers changed after my post here

now there are new numbers everywhere at Sedo, but not at my bank account !

1) why numbers changed?
2) where are $2.13 ?
Please excuse the confusion - you should have received a PM and your transfer agent will contact you to clarify the change.

•••
Please excuse the confusion - you should have received a PM and your transfer agent will contact you to clarify the change.
Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back