IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
why does sedo delete domains when you list them on alter.com? it can't be nameserver related because you don't have to keep your ns pointed there after they are listed.

•••
why does sedo delete domains when you list them on alter.com? it can't be nameserver related because you don't have to keep your ns pointed there after they are listed.
Check if you have domain distribution turned on at Alter.com. Alter automatically lists the domain on all the marketplaces and it'll remove any previous listings.

•••
Check if you have domain distribution turned on at Alter.com. Alter automatically lists the domain on all the marketplaces and it'll remove any previous listings.
yes they are listed on sedo. with a 20% markup.thx.

•••
Sedo not responding to ticket so post here.

Name was scheduled for 2 letter auction and showed accordingly in my interface. However, name was not showing in inventory so contacted Sedo accordingly. No response apart from the name has now been removed from "auction" status in my account and reverted to not for sale!
Not quite the way to deal with this situation, but then ---!

•••
Congrats Sedo, your failure to respond to a customer problem is awesome!

•••
Congrats Sedo, your failure to respond to a customer problem is awesome!
sedo has reps here on np. have you reached out to them?

•••
sedo has reps here on np. have you reached out to them?
This thread is Sedo's own thread, started in 2007!
Each Sedo customer has a support interface and they are not responding on mine.
I did put another name on direct auction and they were able to take my money immediately.
I guess if/when Dan.com introduces their own auction platform my remaining few names at Sedo will be on the move.

End of rant!

Last edited:
•••
What an absolute shower still no response apart from the fact that 4 other 2 letter names that were scheduled for auction disappeared from the inventory yesterday.
Guess they do not like complaints and act in this way, dreadful.

Anyway, the rest of my day will spent removing the remainder of the names I have at Sedo to Dan etc.

•••
For the record I have been a Sedo customer for 18 years!

•••
All the names you have listed at Alter, do not display in your, my domains at sedo?
You would have to re add them if you moved your nameservers to Dan?

•••
Yeah, one whole week and zero response apart from removing 4 of my 2 letter names from the auction inventory.

They have now eclipsed themselves, I had another 2 letter name rejected so I subsequently purchased a "direct auction" for the name for 59 euro thinking it may have a potential buyer.
These dheads have put it in the auction that it was rejected from and of course retained my 59 euro.
Pretty much lost for words but as of yesterday I do not have any domains parked at Sedo and if nothing changes I never will have again but I doubt if they will care.

•••
Yeah, one whole week and zero response apart from removing 4 of my 2 letter names from the auction inventory.

They have now eclipsed themselves, I had another 2 letter name rejected so I subsequently purchased a "direct auction" for the name for 59 euro thinking it may have a potential buyer.
These dheads have put it in the auction that it was rejected from and of course retained my 59 euro.
Pretty much lost for words but as of yesterday I do not have any domains parked at Sedo and if nothing changes I never will have again but I doubt if they will care.
Finally all the problems were amicably resolved by Sedo -thanks.

•••
After years of experience, I have decided not to work with Sedo anymore.

The website is old, many things in the management panel do not work as it should, the support flow is extremely slow, etc. Although there are many problems, they do not offer any solutions or innovations and continue to receive high commissions.

The critique of all of them is that they do not get involved in the make offer stage even though they receive 15-20% commission!

Afternic takes 20%, but as we have heard from the examples that are openly shared in the market, their brokers are working well. They do their best to reach the target by creating a reliable bridge between the buyer and the seller.

By offering a solid infrastructure and a transparent messaging screen, DAN asks for 9% and can engage an effective player like MediaOptions in negotiations with an extra 11% commission.

But when it comes to Sedo, it's a huge void! Just... Nothing!

If I'm going to do everything myself at every stage and my so-called partner will sit idle at the table, why would I share a large 1/5 piece of the cake?!

Goodbye Sedo.

I hope we never have to meet again.

•••
The website is old, many things in the management panel do not work as it should, the support flow is extremely slow, etc. Although there are many problems, they do not offer any solutions or innovations and continue to receive high commissions.
Hi

in domaining, "age" of a website/domain or how "old" it is, sometimes gives it value.
as for the management panel, i don't see any issues that prevent listing a domain or offering it for sale.

when it comes to solutions,
as a seller, i have already reached the "passive 2% STR" on their platform alone.

innovations, come over time, like their featured auctions for specific categories of domains.
who else does that?
and they've recently added "traffic stats", so one can search terms by visitors.

sedo also has external transfer service starting at 3%.
who else has that?
and sedo has pay per click parking
dan didn't have it, until they partnered with bodis and how many are earning any ppc money using afternic parking.?

when it comes to "make offer" inquires, one can negotiate for themselves and either shoot for the moon or leave something on the table, but the commissions for that setting are the same as afternic.
however BIN @ sedo is only 10% versus Dan's 9%, and for the volume of visitors that sedo receives that 1% difference is well worth it in comparison.

still, it's always about each individuals' specific domains that they own, the quality, the pricing, the traffic, the appeal, etc, etc
and therefore, their experiences with a specific platform may be different than others.

however, i wouldn't blame a platform if i can't get any sales, without first looking in the mirror at my names.
because they are, the solutions and innovations that have come from domaining.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
as for the management panel, i don't see any issues that prevent listing a domain or offering it for sale.
It means you didn't spend enough time on the panel.

as a seller, i have already reached the "passive 2% STR" on their platform alone.
Congratulations.

innovations, come over time,
An innovation that couldn't come for 20 years.

and they've recently added "traffic stats", so one can search terms by visitors.
Are you implying the system showing inflated hit stats that even can't filter out bot visitors?

sedo also has external transfer service starting at 3%.
who else has that?
Dan offers import lead service with 5% commission.
And even more we already have Escrow.com, which offers a fantastic rate of 0.89%

and sedo has pay per click parking
dan didn't have it, until they partnered with bodis and how many are earning any ppc money using afternic parking.?
This has nothing to do with my main complaint.

You tried good equivocate to get around the critical point I mentioned, but it didn't work.

I also noticed that you are constantly defending Sedo throughout the forum, you probably have an investment partnership or something.

however, i wouldn't blame a platform if i can't get any sales, without first looking in the mirror at my names.
because they are, the solutions and innovations that have come from domaining.
Who is complaining about not being able to sell? Instead of judging people you don't know with your passive-aggressive and troublesome attitudes, I think you should go look in the mirror and learn to be more honest and foresighted.

• Dan takes a total commission of 20% and offers the opportunity to work with a strong name like MediaOptions.
  • Afternic takes 20% commission, they have many brokers and they put in a lot of effort.
  • Sedo takes 15-20% commission and there is no broker. I repeat: ZERO BROKERAGE!
If you have an explanation for this point, please share it with us.

•••
It means you didn't spend enough time on the panel.

Congratulations.

An innovation that couldn't come for 20 years.

Are you implying the system showing inflated hit stats that even can't filter out bot visitors?

Dan offers import lead service with 5% commission.
And even more we already have Escrow.com, which offers a fantastic rate of 0.89%

This has nothing to do with my main complaint.

You tried good equivocate to get around the critical point I mentioned, but it didn't work.

I also noticed that you are constantly defending Sedo throughout the forum, you probably have an investment partnership or something.

Who is complaining about not being able to sell? Instead of judging people you don't know with your passive-aggressive and troublesome attitudes, I think you should go look in the mirror and learn to be more honest and foresighted.

• Dan takes a total commission of 20% and offers the opportunity to work with a strong name like MediaOptions.
  • Afternic takes 20% commission, they have many brokers and they put in a lot of effort.
  • Sedo takes 15-20% commission and there is no broker. I repeat: ZERO BROKERAGE!
If you have an explanation for this point, please share it with us.

Hi

sedo has broker service since 1999 and only charges 15% and there is no upfront cost
https://sedo.com/us/services/broker-service/
as for the management panel, you haven't disclosed any specific problem.

as for the traffic stats, i compare the accuracy of them, to the traffic of my domains listed there.
as the same number appears in a search, as they do in my account.

bot traffic has been previously explained in this thread by Sedo, so perhaps you should read it from beginning.

as for media options, anyone can approach them to broker, so there is nothing exclusive about the partnership with dan.

as for defending sedo:
it's more about clarifying vague issues and in many cases i have either answered questions or help some people resolve their problems.
additionally, since 2004, as SedoPro user, i have signed up at least 100 or more other domainers to sedo's platform.
so, yeah, to some degree there is a responsibility to respond, as some of those users may be posting questions.

on other side of that coin, you won't find any posts from me complaining about services like afternic, or dan.

i just deal with what they serve and look at them as other "means to an end".

still, it's good to know that you've been reading my posts and have noticed the consistency.

imo....

•••
You're such a terrible demagogue biggie.

Just another unnecessary person to add my ignore list.

•••
You're such a terrible demagogue biggie.

Just another unnecessary person to add my ignore list.
Hi

that's funny

you ain't been here a full year and already burying your head in the sand.

imo...

•••
What Sedo really lacks is offering payment in instalments - they really need to catch up there.

And Sedo still does not have 2FA - even Afternic finally added that.

I have found Sedo stats to be completely useless. And it would be better if they enabled Google Analtyics. But they can do transactions fairly quickly now and the 3% Escrow service is good.

Last edited:
•••
Hello @Sedo

The Sedo Bulk Upload tool is a great feature - thank you for creating it.

But sometimes it hangs for several hours without any progress. Even the Abort function isn't working.

Today as well. I hope it gets resolved soon.

1661279336478.png

Last edited:
•••
Is Sedo's Ownership Authorization System down right now?

I've never had a problem before, but I loaded some domains late last week, checked the DNS TXT were there using a tool (GoDaddy and DAN loaded them no problem) and after 1+ days (GD is usually the straggler) I changed the nameservers.

Today I get a Sedo email stating that I have not authorized the domains and they will be deleted in 10 days, So back go the nameservers to standard and the Sedo DNS code is showing up, but hours later still no movement.

•••
Anybody submitted domains to one of Sedo's keyword domain auctions before? Do we get notified whether our domains are selected? One of my names, if it's not selected for the upcoming auction, I really want to get back on the market asap. Its traffic has spiked in the last couple days for whatever reason.

•••
•••
Reported a design issue with the new landing pages and the response i got from them after 1 week
There is no issue with the sales lander as it is appearing correctly.

Next message they assume that I don't like the design and suggest this:
If you don't like the layout then you change the layout page for your domain you may do so by going to My Sedo > My Domains > Select Domain > Select 'Layout' tab > Select desired layout page from the drop down menu > Save changes.

You be the judge:
Long domains get cut off on mobile and desktop:

Mobile:
1662565921271.png

Desktop

1662565966637.png

•••
Reported a design issue with the new landing pages and the response i got from them after 1 week

Next message they assume that I don't like the design and suggest this:

You be the judge:
Long domains get cut off on mobile and desktop:

Mobile:
Show attachment 222588

Desktop

Show attachment 222589
It's not cut off, it's wrapped. Due the font size, max width and domain length this happens. Only alternative is font size adjust depending on domain length.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back