IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just recently submitted 2 domains of which I think are worth quite a bit to the auction process.

donatecharity.org
and, behave.tv

Recently, I saw that the sign that shows that the domains are still being analyzed for the greatdomains auction was gone, so I checked my email to see why none of the domains had gotten through.

I didn't find an email.

I really wanted to see why my domains hadn't gotten through because I really put my hopes on these domains. So far, no email has been sent from sedo and I'm sitting here wondering if my domains were any good.

Please Sedo, tell me why my domains hadn't gotten through.

I can tell you that they wouldn't have been accepted due to quality. I've seen much better names rejected. Sorry. You will probably get the email shortly.

•••
...I've seen much better names rejected...

...true, and I've seen names of much lesser quality qualify to the point that it becomes absolutely suspicious...

•••
...true, and I've seen names of much lesser quality qualify to the point that it becomes absolutely suspicious...
True, because there seems many other factors beneed the domain quality...

•••
I can tell you that they wouldn't have been accepted due to quality. I've seen much better names rejected. Sorry. You will probably get the email shortly.

Sadly that is the fact.

The quality of the names is simply not good enough.

•••
sedo STILL doesn't have the right category(acronyms) for newly added acronym domains. thats crazy.
End user buyers would not use an acronym category. (Sedo used to have one, omitted in last revision. BTW you can filter a search by length).

The trick is to present acronyms with meaning based on their meaning and, more difficult but much more rewarding, to tease out possible LLL and LLLL buyers from their keyword searches.

This is an area where Sedo Search needs a major upgrade. That may happen fairly soon, Afternic is selling a lot of LLLL's.

•••
is anybody getting the "malware" warning when visiting their Sedo parking page?

I just tried visiting my domain's "buy now" page to check on something and I received the Google "warning"

•••
is anybody getting the "malware" warning when visiting their Sedo parking page?

I just tried visiting my domain's "buy now" page to check on something and I received the Google "warning"

Yes, I got it as well when I visited sedo.com. But if I go to sedo.co.uk, there is no problem.

•••
Yes, I got it as well when I visited sedo.com. But if I go to sedo.co.uk, there is no problem.

Sucks.... but they just answered me on twitter that they are working on it

•••
•••
I get it on both .com and co.uk
Warning: Something's Not Right Here!
sedo.co.uk contains content from sedo.co.uk, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.
Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.
We have already notified sedo.co.uk that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on sedo.co.uk, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

•••
Today if you visit sedo.com, you will got a google warning page "AS47846 (SEDO) ".

•••
•••
•••
uhmmm... which browser are you guys using? I am assuming Chrome since Google is giving the warning?

I'm getting nothing of this-maybe it's resolved now?

Adios,

:wave:

•••
I never use the "buy it now" option on SEDO it is god very good for SEDO but not for the domainer. Think about it why would SEDO be pushing the "buy it now" option and why would they push domainers by showing all these statistics to prove that it is in the advantage of the domainers to put a price for their domains?

If you cant figure it out you are not a real domainer.

Last edited:
•••
Sedo - ever had this happen?

Resolved. I had a bid thread disappear, but the name appears to have sold.

Last edited:
•••
I never use the "buy it now" option on SEDO it is god very good for SEDO but not for the domainer. Think about it why would SEDO be pushing the "buy it now" option and why would they push domainers by showing all these statistics to prove that it is in the advantage of the domainers to put a price for their domains?

If you cant figure it out you are not a real domainer.
Have you sold any NOT using the buy it now option? I have sold 3 recently using buy it now. You just have to factor their bigger cut into your buy it now price.

•••
have an offer and sedo said:

Please note, that you will receive reminder mails about this offer, until you respond. You will need to submit at least one counter before you can cancel the negotiations.

is that true? can't i cancel or delete it?

•••
have an offer and sedo said:

Please note, that you will receive reminder mails about this offer, until you respond. You will need to submit at least one counter before you can cancel the negotiations.

is that true? can't i cancel or delete it?

Not for 7 days.

When a potential buyer makes an offer, he/she is obligated to buy at that price, and you have 7 days to decide if you want to accept or counteroffer, although if the seller counteroffers (and the buyer accepts), the seller is obligated to sell.

If you want to cancel the negotiation, just counteroffer an impossibly high price--that is, if you are having second thoughts about selling it.

•••
Haven't searched inside this thread, but can anyone tell me the sedo support email?

•••
•••
Update on the recent browser security issue with Sedo

http://www.facebook.com/sedo/posts/10151015210981230

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

I use this... --> qualitymanagement@sedo.com

My experience when using any direct email address with sedo, is that it takes far longer (if at all) to get a response, then sending the message through the online support centre.

•••
My experience when using any direct email address with sedo, is that it takes far longer (if at all) to get a response, then sending the message through the online support centre.

Actually, sedo's support centre who gives me this email when I had false warning about my account being locked.

"We are unable to assist. If you have further inquiries you can contact [email protected]"

Then when I emailed them, it also automatically showed up at my support centre. :cy:

•••
I've received 3 blank emails fro [email protected] after sending the a support email. Is that normal?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back