Dynadot

Sedo Changed Search Domain Results

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have noticed today that Sedo has changed search domain results, No exact domain search anymore, for example if you search for the domain booking, you will not find the exact keyword booking, but another keywords including booking.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Every time I need to use their search feature I feel like I should bump this thread up. I can't believe they think this is a good way to perform a search.

•••
This should be a very simple fix.. adding the option to search by exact keyword is VERY important and what anyone would expect naturally. The coding is practically as simple as it could get, there should be no technical reason why they cannot bring back an option to search by keyword (without the related garbage).

To the person who was happy that one of their domains suddenly got more views for days after the switch, 1 really targeted view is much more valuable than 25 garbage views. Same goes for typein traffic. Sedo probably thinks they have a smart engine and probably invested alot in developing it.. there is a reason why after all these years google gives you results about "plans" when you search for that word and not "designs" instead. Why try to re-invent the wheel?

•••
The search engines at Sedo,afternic,goddaddy are all designed to sell there S#&* domains this is no mistake.
Example,typed in blockchain on sedo search,starts,contains,ends, advanced search,com ect.these are the advanced search results,basic search is even worse i understand they have to sell a lot of junk to be profitable but prospective buyers would probably buy more domains if they found what there looking for give the buyer what they want,i have many blockchain domains listed and i am amazed at the difficulty a buyer would have searching a keyword as other posters have pointed out it is easy to set up.
as one commenter stated you have to type xxxxx.com in search to pull up the sales offer on the domain
Personally i like a lot of sedo's platform,but search is completely useless, by fault,or design i'm not sure but i presume the latter.I'm sure a ceo of a potential blockchain company will find cakeevent,bricksandstones,or latin cube excellent prospects.

brokenlinkfinder.com
cakeevent.com
lendingcube.com
depositlinks.com
floridasection.com
hourcube.com
unionbound.com
banklinkaccountants.com
journallinks.com - -
brickandstones.com
cakesurvey.com
cubetraining.com
southernsection.com
sectionnine.com
unionmass.com
supersection.com
breadandcake.com
netlinkbank.com-
latincube.com -
sectionfour.com
leadlinkers.com

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back