NameSilo

.tv SEDO Auction UPDATE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
WOW!!
After all this time - it's arrived - and with one hell of a bang!!

Complete list of winners now available at:

http://www.namepros.com/dot-tv/649724-sedo-auction-sales-list-here-numbers.html

Here are the numbers so far - it's been a good day for .TV! :)

business.tv $100,999
learn.tv $41,000
christmas.tv $32,000
home.tv $31,000
guide.tv $29,500
job.tv $25,500
stocks.tv $22,000
shows.tv $20,500
jobs.tv $20,500
beauty.tv $20,300
wine.tv $17,002
in.tv $16,550
real.tv $15,500
vacation.tv $14,000
stream.tv $13,755
loans.tv $13,100
fantasy.tv $10,600
re.tv $10,100
digital.tv $10,099
japan.tv $10,099
germany.tv $10,099
coupons.tv $10,099
advertising.tv $10,000
finance.tv $9,800
ca.tv $9,500
au.tv $8,100
show.tv $7,870
lawyers.tv $7,601
lifestyle.tv $7,500
books.tv $6,600
camera.tv $6,600
english.tv $6,600
book.tv $6,400
beach.tv $6,300
jazz.tv $6,100
dr.tv $5,800
films.tv $5,750
wow.tv $5,700
spa.tv $5,700
4.tv $5,555
black.tv $5,500
jp.tv $5,200
shops.tv $5,100
auctions.tv $5,050
id.tv $5,000
3.tv $4,655
5.tv $4,655
2.tv $4,600
city.tv $4,600
streaming.tv $4,400
hits.tv $4,255
cable.tv $4,000
call.tv $3,900
new.tv $3,750
invest.tv $3,718
think.tv $3,510
bank.tv $3,300
network.tv $3,300
0.tv $3,100
upload.tv $3,100
craps.tv $3,100
host.tv $3,005
uncensored.tv $3,000
personal.tv $2,750
to.tv $2,550
investment.tv $2,550
xo.tv $2,550
help.tv $2,550
scores.tv $2,550
photo.tv $2,383
yachting.tv $2,300
store.tv $2,272
bf.tv $2,200
is.tv $2,150
golfing.tv $2,150
vs.tv $2,150
korean.tv $2,051
bs.tv $2,050
rooms.tv $2,049
coupon.tv $2,049
phone.tv $1,950
classifieds.tv $1,750
of.tv $1,650
contests.tv $1,500
the.tv $1,350
got.tv $1,250
nudity.tv $1,201
womens.tv $1,150
best.tv $1,150
reporter.tv $1,149
archive.tv $1,100
stores.tv $1,051
bargains.tv $1,050
bloopers.tv $1,050
unreal.tv $1,050
reservation.tv $1,049
financing.tv $955
bargain.tv $950
find.tv $900
european.tv $850
contest.tv $825
maps.tv $766
programs.tv $660
lifestyles.tv $660
rewards.tv $601
jackpots.tv $510
reservations.tv $510
storage.tv $510
tunes.tv $500
chatrooms.tv $312
backup.tv $306

Congratulations to all the winners!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Learn.tv $41000

I like coaching.tv

•••
Christmas.tv at $32500 wasn't bad...Learn.tv I guess will go higher...

christmas.tv is to me is, by a wide margin, the most surprising end value in the auction.

most of the other outcomes seem reasonable enough.

this one seems high to me.

•••
This makes me wish SEDO had takenb the time to offer up a special .TV auction for their regular customers, not just for verisign.... If I tried to auction off Instructor.tv on my own, no way would it get the activity that learn.tv is getting, yet I think it is resonably comparable.

Was cable.tv's final price $4K? That's where it was when I left.

•••
I know what you mean. I'm just telling you, don't go off buying some other name just because you missed out on beauty.tv. If you feel camera.tv has potential and you have some great ideas you're good to go :)

I understand your point.

I also sold a name that was the last I thought I'd ever sell in a million years last Oct/Nov for a decent amount (xx,xxx) that is being paid over a 12 month period. When I announce the sale, it will be interesting to hear your thoughts because that name doesn't fit most of the criteria I have followed for buying names except that it was a dirt cheap pickup, $250 annual premium.

•••
christmas.tv is to me is, by a wide margin, the most surprising end value in the auction.

I agree. If i had 30K I would certainly take Beauty over Christmas

•••
were ALL bidders verified and certified over the $10k threshhold? :guilty:

Regards,
Jeff :sick:

Nope, this was all a big sham to pump n dump .tv big time. There wernt but 5 or 6 real bidders in the whole thing.

This is pretty confusing...

Isnt it though. Dont worry, It only gets worse from here.

I can kinda see the future now- JEFF: " Why is everyone in the world using these .tv names. Don't they know this is just the ultimate niche/vanity name from an island nation thats sinking":O:red:B-)

(btw, this has to be my favorite jeff-quote of all time as it really sums it all up so perfectly)

•••
This makes me wish SEDO had takenb the time to offer up a special .TV auction for their regular customers, not just for verisign.... If I tried to auction off Instructor.tv on my own, no way would it get the activity that learn.tv is getting, yet I think it is resonably comparable.

Last I saw it was at 4k, but it had 9 hours left.

•••

Ask yourself what you would pay to be given the opportunity to participate in such an auction. Maybe enough people could get together and pitch SEDO or another auction house if you are looking for an avenue to sell your names. Now that this auction is about to end and certain names went for some decent cash, other competitors may be very much open to the idea.

•••
I understand your point.

I also sold a name that was the last I thought I'd ever sell in a million years last Oct/Nov for a decent amount (xx,xxx) that is being paid over a 12 month period. When I announce the sale, it will be interesting to hear your thoughts because that name doesn't fit most of the criteria I have followed for buying names except that it was a dirt cheap pickup, $250 annual premium.

I'll be looking forward to your announcement :)

•••
I just don't want you to think I am some pimp or something when you hear about it.

With that said, I think I am about to pull camera.tv. 0 minutes left. That probably means I won, right?

•••
Camera.tv, what's it good for? I wouldn't have put up $1k for that domain.

EDIT - Job.tv sold for $25,500

Visual enough as a field. Very high search volume. Easily monetizable via affiliate links.

I was in the auction for this up to 2,000 to 3,000 or so and then I pulled out.

I think for someone with a passion for the field or a business connection, it could be good.

But for speculative purposes, at 6,xxx it is now fully priced, IMO

•••
People may drink more coffee than wine. I gotcha. Quite frankly, that wouldn't matter to me.

I wanted to explain why the name might not be going for as much as the other beverage for sale, if you or others thought coffee should be going for more. I am not sure whether its sold or not, but it could always go higher. Then again promoting it here is probably like beating a dead horse.

Whatever it is, any negative comments - please PM me.

I will give a sh** to the price I get for my Coffee.tv - No worries there. My concern is

1. What makes you compare with Wine.tv (I am not asking 17K for coffee) and why a public comment?
2. about promoting - is it a crime?

But again, thanks for your valuable views.
Don't know why people are against my Coffee.tv. But I surely know, it's much better than some names those were there in Premium TV auction.

Everybody has an opinion, I was promoting (wherever it is), -ve comment on (w/o appraisal request) sounds a crook.

•••
I just don't want you to think I am some pimp or something when you hear about it.

With that said, I think I am about to pull camera.tv. 0 minutes left. That probably means I won, right?

yes, it should. congratulations!

•••

lol no worries, no domain name knocks me off the chair anymore.

Congrats with the camera.tv domain, I'll be watching the dev process :)

•••

I thought so to - but somebody really likes christmas...

•••
learn.tv just went for 41000$.. Anybody wants to value my coaching.tv..?

•••
Don't forget that there is also the unofficial sedo auction is still going

Active Auctions - Sedo.com

I assume there might be more interest in these now.

Presentation.tv - $150 with 7 minutes to go.

•••
Whatever it is, any negative comments - please PM me.

I will give a sh** to the price I get for my Coffee.tv - No worries there. My concern is

1. What makes you compare with Wine.tv (I am not asking 17K for coffee) and why a public comment?
2. about promoting - is it a crime?

But again, thanks for your valuable views.
Don't know why people are against my Coffee.tv. But I surely know, it's much better than some names those were there in Premium TV auction.

Everybody has an opinion, I was promoting (wherever it is), -ve comment on (w/o appraisal request) sounds a crook.

I simply meant that most people who would have the capital to buy a name like that for the price it is at likely already know about it or are bidding on it. I am not against Coffee.tv. I think it is a great name. I was simply offering my opinion vs. wine.tv. Please don't take that as a knock against your name. If you want my input on how you could maximize the sale for a name like that, then feel free to contact me.

•••
Does anyone know what Real.Tv went for? I wanted that one for development, but gave up at 7k..

•••
learn.tv just went for 41000$.. Anybody wants to value my coaching.tv..?

REG +/-

don't you that .tv domains are from Tuvalu which only has 10,000.

LOL. I am just kidding.

Coaching.tv is a nice domain. However, I would say that Learn.tv is high by normal standards which suggests someone might have had a specific purpose in mind and that purpose might not be universally applicable.

•••
•••
•••
Coaching.tv is a nice domain. However, I would say that Learn.tv is high by normal standards which suggests someone might have had a specific purpose in mind and that purpose might not be universally applicable.

I agree.. But I guess i should atleast sell it for 5000, no less...

•••

same here ... must be an end user ?

•••
same here ... must be an end user ?

i seem to remember once schilling saying he likes the term 'christmas' a lot though i might be imaging that.

otherwise, well, I am going to guess that domain is *not* one of the usual suspects from our board.

I can tell you I thought it was too much at x,xxx :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back