NameSilo

.mobi Sedo 100 premium .mobi auction, any steals?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

owntype

DomainName.comTop Member
Impact
Hi, guys, which final price you think is(are) below resell price and is a steal? :)

Hosting.mobi $101,000
Bank.mobi $51,501
Download.mobi $51,500
Currency.mobi $47,000
Insurance.mobi $42,005
Chat.mobi $42,000
Traffic.mobi $36,008
Books.mobi $33,510
Free.mobi $31,500
Loans.mobi $30,000
Marketing.mobi $26,100
Creditcard.mobi $25,500
Rent.mobi $21,000
Creditcards.mobi $20,500
Voip.mobi $20,500
Webcam.mobi $16,000
DomainName.mobi $15,000
DomainNames.mobi $12,600
Advertising.mobi $12,100
Downloads.mobi $11,185
Credit.mobi $10,600
Atm.mobi $10,100
Payment.mobi $10,100
Index.mobi $8,100
Cricket.mobi $8,100
Colleges.mobi $7,500
E-mail.mobi $7,194
Domain.mobi $7,100
Pet.mobi $6,750
Stockmarket.mobi $6,750
DomainRegistration.mobi $6,100
Stockprices.mobi $6,000
Cellphone.mobi $5,250
Alerts.mobi $5,250
Book.mobi $5,250
Casa.mobi $5,200
Trade.mobi $5,200
Bills.mobi $5,100
Dinero.mobi $5,100
Pension.mobi $5,100
Webcams.mobi $4,500
Telephone.mobi $4,305
FreeDownloads.mobi $4,300
Images.mobi $3,500
Finanza.mobi $3,433
Mutualfunds.mobi $3,305
Pumps.mobi $3,200
Forum.mobi $3,101
Get.mobi $3,100
Hospitals.mobi $3,011
Automobiles.mobi $2,650
Surf.mobi $2,601
Calculator.mobi $2,550
Police.mobi $2,458
Webdesign.mobi $2,350
Image.mobi $2,178
Calendar.mobi $2,173
AntiSpam.mobi $2,050
Bed.mobi $1,875
Bag.mobi $1,700
Push.mobi $1,625
Qoutes.mobi $1,600
Automobile.mobi $1,550
Busca.mobi $1,500
SearchEngine.mobi $1,500
Chatrooms.mobi $1,485
Chats.mobi $1,485
Peace.mobi $1,363
FreeSoftware.mobi $1,350
Firstaid.mobi $1,250
Accidents.mobi $1,150
Hotstuff.mobi $1,050
Mp3Downloads.mobi $950
Telefono.mobi $750
Interviewtips.mobi $500
Debthelp.mobi $260
Creditdebt.mobi $210
Donwload.mobi $210

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
quotes.mobi at $1,600 is definitely a steal, IMHO!

•••
Mobi Cheap said:

What was sold was "qOutes" a typo for quotes. I didn't catch that the first few times and even put a low bid in the early stages :hehe:

•••
Mobi Cheap said:

The sold domain is qoutes.mobi and NOT quotes.mobi as I can see from mTLD's auction list.

Which is a TYPO.

•••
•••
neobodhi said:
What was sold was "qOutes" a typo for quotes. I didn't catch that the first few times and even put a low bid in the early stages :hehe:

Good grief, what a relief!

Thank you guys, I was really concerned about that one!

•••
Mp3Downloads.mobi $950

imo the best deal of the low end.

Cricket.mobi $8,100

worst deal imo.

Hosting.mobi $101,000

my guess is godaddy bought this...they are a backer of .mobi and is pennies to them.

•••
dentalpro said:

Cricket.mobi $8,100

worst deal imo.

Cricket happens to one the most popular sports in the world! Actually, a great buy!

•••
I was also in for qoutes for a long time, almost won it, then when I wanted to put my final bid (that would have probably be the winning bid), I saw the typo.

This would have beeen my first .mobi, as I always wanted to develop a quotes page.

Regarding the domains sold, I think Webcams.mobi was a good purchase, as well as Surf.mobi for $2.601 and Image.mobi for $2.178.

On the other side, I think DomainRegistration.mobi went for a bit too much at $6.100.

•••
dentalpro said:
Mp3Downloads.mobi $950

imo the best deal of the low end.

Cricket.mobi $8,100

worst deal imo.

Hosting.mobi $101,000

my guess is godaddy bought this...they are a backer of .mobi and is pennies to them.

I actually thought cricket was one of the steals, if not the biggest steal. I don't know jack about it, other than Wikipedia says it is the second most popular sport in the world, and #1 in South Asia. Also, apparently you can bet on it. So I think the owner will do quite well.

I hope you are right about godaddy--can you imagine the press mobi would get if they plugged hosting.mobi into their marketing campaign? They advertise during the Superbowl. That would be huge!

MM

•••
MobiMaven said:

I hope you are right about godaddy--can you imagine the press mobi would get if they plugged hosting.mobi into their marketing campaign? They advertise during the Superbowl. That would be huge!

MM

Agreed, it would look great on those T-shirts, what better way to illustrate the asset potential!

•••
surf.mobi (2,601)

images.mobi (3,500)

alerts.mobi (5,250)

calendar.mobi (2,173)

were steals, imo

dentalpro said:
Hosting.mobi $101,000

i don't see gd buying this... they have already branded their mark ... godaddy.mobi would work as good if not better for them, which they already have and use (kinda) - i am curious though as to who.

•••
ATM.mobi for $10,000 was a great deal...

•••
I'm gonna go outside the box here and say that dinero @ 5100 and busca @ 1500 were great deals considering that a billion people speak Spanish and it's estimated that Latinos will make up a large chunk of the US population by 2020.

•••
I think bank.mobi was a steal at just over $50,000. Great investment if a domainer got it.

Good bargain if Bank of America is the buyer. I think this is a good possibility seeing how they have warmed to .mobi. I hope it is them or another well known bank.

•••
MobiMaven said:
I actually thought cricket was one of the steals, if not the biggest steal. I don't know jack about it, other than Wikipedia says it is the second most popular sport in the world, and #1 in South Asia. Also, apparently you can bet on it. So I think the owner will do quite well.

MM

Do South Asians type in English?

Now the betting angle would be a great idea...then it's a great deal.

•••
garrett200 said:
I'm gonna go outside the box here and say that dinero @ 5100 and busca @ 1500 were great deals considering that a billion people speak Spanish and it's estimated that Latinos will make up a large chunk of the US population by 2020.
Well you successfully went way outside the box with your statistics. There are "only" roughly 425 million speakers of Spanish in the world. (source)

But I won't dispute that those still may have been very good deals...

•••
dentalpro said:
Cricket.mobi $8,100

worst deal imo.

no way cricket is one of the most popular sports worldwide, just not in the USA.

also in Indian its the number 1 sport look how big India is, live cricket scores to your mobile phone currently are a huge thing with millions of subscribers.

do your research before making such a statement.

dentalpro said:
Do South Asians type in English?

Now the betting angle would be a great idea...then it's a great deal.

Cricket is the number one sport in

Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, south Africa.

do people speak english in these countries?

I think cricket is a good buy but domains like soccer.mobi basketball.mobi rugby.mobi ect ect are better.

Just cricket.mobi is also a great domain because if you know any hting about cricket they all ready have spent millions and millions on live scores to yoru mobile phones.

mp3downloads.com is a good deal I should have got that one, I was targeted bills.mobi but lost it.

•••
connections said:
no way cricket is one of the most popular sports worldwide, just not in the USA.

do your research before making such a statement.

Cricket is the number one sport in

Australia, New Zealand, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, south Africa.

do people speak english in these countries?

I think cricket is a good buy but domains like soccer.mobi basketball.mobi rugby.mobi ect ect are better.

Just cricket.mobi is also a great domain because if you know any hting about cricket they all ready have spent millions and millions on live scores to yoru mobile phones.

mp3downloads.com is a good deal I should have got that one, I was targeted bills.mobi but lost it.

nope on the research, just my opinion...

•••
Don't forget, cricket is also the name of a mobile phone company.

•••
ajkula said:
Surf.mobi IMHO
100% agree. 2601 for this category killer.
:'(

•••
scandiman said:

well you can still get surph :yell:

•••
scandiman said:
ajkula said:
Surf.mobi IMHO

Agreed. :yell:

And that's also what scares me ... that NOT ONE End user / developer (heck, domainer or Usual Suspect™ for that matter) bothered to bid it up beyond $2,600 bucks and develop & promote it, IMHO. How can a clear "category killer" sell for, literally, pennies on the dollar compared with other extensions ... if the .MOBI (and Sedo auctions y'day) is supposedly such a rising star in the mobile web / namespace? :guilty: :red:

This is a serious concern that should be discussed openly and honestly, IMHO. :talk:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Jeff said:

And that's also what scares me ... that NOT ONE End user / developer (heck, domainer or Usual Suspect™ for that matter) bothered to bid it up beyond $2,600 bucks and develop & promote it, IMHO. How can a clear "category killer" sell for, literally, pennies on the dollar compared with other extensions ... if the .MOBI (and Sedo auctions y'day) is supposedly such a rising star in the mobile web / namespace? :guilty: :red:

This is a serious concern that should be discussed openly and honestly, IMHO. :talk:
-Jeff B-)

Jeff, how about because all domains finishing at the same time didn't allow enough people to even notice it was closing at that price?

That's just one factor, but it's more than sufficient.

•••
Jeff said:

And that's also what scares me ... that NOT ONE End user / developer (heck, domainer or Usual Suspect™ for that matter) bothered to bid it up beyond $2,600 bucks and develop & promote it, IMHO. How can a clear "category killer" sell for, literally, pennies on the dollar compared with other extensions ... if the .MOBI is supposedly such a rising star in the mobile web / namespace? :guilty: :red:

-Jeff B-)
I rode it to 2500 jeff, that was my set limit. Obviously others weren't watching this one. Actually I know 2 others who were also looking at this one, one had computer problems and couldn't log back on in time and th eother was at work. Either would have rode it higher if able. You can :'( all you want about your concerns and your "pennies on the dollar" comparisons. It's very tired. The point of this thread is opinions on what people thought was a great deal. It's not yet another thread for you to crap on .mobi.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back