Dynadot

Sedo Auction Problem

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Igor Gabrielan

.ai .mv .botTop Member
Impact
I wanted to create http://auctions.ai for .ai names using Sedo auction engine.
To do this, I launched an advertisement on Sedo in the name auctions.ai of and made three direct auctions for the names post.ai sapience.ai sapient.ai. I paid Sedo to create direct auctions three times for 59 euros. However, Sedo auction mechanism turned out to be inoperative. When you look at the list of bids "Bidding History", you see some nonsense. I informed the Sedo manager about this. He promised that the error would be fixed. However, for several days the error was not fixed, the auction mechanism remained inoperative. The auction now looks like a car without a wheel. It is clear that potential buyers do not want to get into a car without a wheel. Therefore, auctions do not work. In connection with this, I demand to fix the auction mechanism and after that extend my direct auctions for seven days. If Sedo cannot fix the auction mechanism and extend my direct auctions for seven days, I demand to cancel the results of my direct auctions and return to me the money I paid you for organizing direct auctions, namely three times for 59 euros.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Now Sedo is not interested in whether the name will be sold or not. They will still receive them 59 euros. If they received money only after successful sales, perhaps they would find an opportunity to hire a tester to check the programs.

•••
One of the forum users confirmed that the Sedo reminder system is not working.
He monitored one of the names that I put up for auction, but Sedo did not tell him that the name he was interested in was put up for auction.
Now you can understand the phenomenon that in my previous attempt to conduct a direct auction of the name post.ai on Sedo at the end of the auction there were no bids. Trading began briskly, there were nine watchers, the price rose to 900 euros. But there were no bets at the end. Because the reminder system has broken. Potential buyers did not know that the auction is ending.
Worst of all, this forum user wrote to me that now he does not trust Sedo auctions and will not bid on my auctions. So I won’t get the right price for my names. Potential buyers no longer want to contact Sedo auctions. I’m afraid that it’s already impossible to fix the Sedo auction car, at least within a reasonable time, so the Sedo just has to return me 177 euros.

Last edited:
•••
With a faulty alert system, an auction does not make sense. If there are no notifications at the close of the auction, then only those who are at this moment on the site can participate in the auction. This greatly reduces the selling price. If the auction is free, then this is still half the trouble. Although even then the seller should have the right to refuse to transfer the name to the winner of the auction, since the sale price will be greatly underestimated in comparison with the correct auction. And if you also have to pay for the organization of the auction, as in Sedo, then this is generally unacceptable. Before that, one domainer wrote to me that he had long ago refused auctions for Sedo, since they did not give the right price. Now I understand why this is happening. In addition to the fact that there are other errors in the auction mechanism, the notification system does not work correctly.

•••
One direct auction has already failed
there are two more left, but I no longer hope for success, because reminders do not work.
Only such google.com can be sold at such an auction.

•••
In the second auction heart.ai, a reserve price of 999 euros was reached, but I will not give my name. It was anything, but not an auction. A pathetic mockery and a parody of the auction. I demand from the Sedo 177 euros back.

Last edited:
•••
If Sedo is an honest company, it must stop all auctions until it hires testers and checks its programs, until the reminder system starts working.

•••
The best proof that the price of 999 euros for heart.ai is not right, this is an ironic letter with an offer from the buyer to buy at the same price car.ai :xf.wink:

•••
As expected, a complete failure of direct auctions.

•••
namebio.com wrote that heart.ai sold for $ 113.
Excited colleagues are already writing to me and asking how this could happen?
It turns out that there is false information.

Last edited:
•••
namebio.com wrote that heart.ai sold for $ 113.
Excited colleagues are already writing to me and asking how this could happen?
It turns out that there is false information.
I removed the record, sorry about that. I'm not sure what happened with the auction tracking though. We don't track anything at Sedo Auctions that hasn't met reserve yet. The last response we got back from Sedo said it was at 100 EUR with 6 bids and the reserve was met. But you said the reserve was 999 EUR so it shouldn't have even made it into our database until the bidding was at 999.

I just spot-checked a dozen auctions at Sedo that are still running, and we're showing the correct bid amounts in the database. Hopefully it was as isolated incident as everything seems to be running smoothly.

•••
I removed the record, sorry about that. I'm not sure what happened with the auction tracking though. We don't track anything at Sedo Auctions that hasn't met reserve yet. The last response we got back from Sedo said it was at 100 EUR with 6 bids and the reserve was met. But you said the reserve was 999 EUR so it shouldn't have even made it into our database until the bidding was at 999.

I just spot-checked a dozen auctions at Sedo that are still running, and we're showing the correct bid amounts in the database. Hopefully it was as isolated incident as everything seems to be running smoothly.

Regarding information about my sales, the information about sales on Sedo is also incorrect on your website:

post.ai 974 USD 2020-05-17 Sedo

alexa.ai 1,050 USD 2018-11-03 Sedo

brain.ai 9,000 USD 2017-02-08 Sedo

These deals have been canceled.
For the sake of accuracy, please delete this information.

•••
Regarding information about my sales, the information about sales on Sedo is also incorrect on your website:

post.ai 974 USD 2020-05-17 Sedo

alexa.ai 1,050 USD 2018-11-03 Sedo

brain.ai 9,000 USD 2017-02-08 Sedo

These deals have been canceled.
For the sake of accuracy, please delete this information.
All set, thanks!

•••
Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back