IT.COM

question Sedo and GD not allowing me to list domain...

NameSilo
Watch

LiamShiff

Established Member
Impact
Hello NP. I purchased a domain and was trying to put it up for sale on GD or Sedo but they wouldn't let me due to the fact that I am in conflict with some copyright.

What's my best option to make money out of this domain?
Where can i sell it?
Can I monetize?

any help is appreciated...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Can't the owner of these domains have blogs that discuss the Olympics? Is that still considered cybersquatting?

•••
Can't the owner of these domains have blogs that discuss the Olympics? Is that still considered cybersquatting?

I'm not a lawyer, but personally I say best to avoid names like this, you will only be wasting your time and money. Soon as you start making any money, that will just open another can of worms.

My advice drop the name and put your energy on making WeedEats.ca work.

The cannabis market is growing right now....

•••
thanks for the advice.

I agree - Cannabis market is growing as well. Have a few other domains there on the .ca side of things.
(theweedlounge.ca, weedandbeer.ca)

Acquired CannabisWeb.com, what are your thoughts?

•••
The problem here is that you have combined two trademarks (DOTA the online game and Olympics) so it's logical that one of them is getting flagged, probably DOTA as it's a Valve game.

•••
The problem here is that you have combined two trademarks (DOTA the online game and Olympics) so it's logical that one of them is getting flagged, probably DOTA as it's a Valve game.
what could be done with this domain game in that case?
Blog with some ads on it?

•••
what could be done with this domain game in that case?
Blog with some ads on it?

No offence but I think you need to return to the school of trademark protection and copyright infringement.

If you try to profit on the established goodwill of these two Brands - it can easily be more than just the domain you lose. Don't set yourself up for a fall/fool. If you don't want to go to the trouble of deleting the name just point unresolved servers and let it expire

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back