Dynadot

googlehomespeaker.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

hchaglar

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys ,

I bought googlehomespeaker.com recently and wanted to list it on Sedo but it doesnt let me do . Sedo's message is below and i wanted to know what you guys think about it . googlehome speaker is a product name and i dont think that it may conflict with the rights of the Google ... or may it ?

'' googlehomespeaker.com: We're sorry, but Sedo cannot allow you to directly add this domain to your account due to a potential conflict with the rights of a third party. ''

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
BTW I bought '' chromecastultra '' too which is just another product of the Google . It doesnt contain the word Google but name of the product ... Same stuation or not ?

•••
:xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek:

Stick to generic words

And time is money. How much of yours have you wasted for nothing?

Seriously, every second counts in life. Think of a name you could buy to review google products if you are into google things.

Names also look. better when the first letter of each word is capitalized.
ChromeCastUltra

•••
:xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek::xf.eek:

Stick to generic words

And time is money. How much of yours have you wasted for nothing?

Seriously, every second counts in life. Think of a name you could buy to review google products if you are into google things.

Names also look. better when the first letter of each word is capitalized.
ChromeCastUltra

Thank you bro but the question is is the stuation same with my domain ChromeCastUltra too ?

•••
BTW I bought '' chromecastultra '' too which is just another product of the Google . It doesnt contain the word Google but name of the product ... Same stuation or not ?
Same situation: the more unique and/or famous the trademark, the more likely people will associate it with its holder.

You can check Go Daddy's refund policy if you qualify. If not, then you can always consider this a lesson learned---which some people paid with more than just reg fees.

•••
Thank you guys ! Leason learned and i am happy to be a part of a cool community like this one more time .

•••
•••
Hey, I think you've missed the point of this. It's not about hard laws, it's about not doing the wrong thing, and the thing that courts will rule against you for.

I am going to create a website about the product and going to use this domain for the website . I am not going to sell the product but its going to be more a informative website since i am a fan of the product . Is that against the law ?
A domain name with their name in it, about their product? Why should that be allowed? It's not your name or product to use.

Brand protection is a huge thing which you will never be able to fight.
Google as a large corp will worry you use their domain name in a way that's not fitting with Google's style etc and people think it is a Google domain name.
Court will nearly always rule in their favour for this reason (and others, like would you have registered a domain name using the word "Google" if you did not know of the company "Google"? Of course not...).

Imagine you own a large corporation, and someone buys a domain name with your corp name in it. Is your multi billion dollar company not worried about how the website will look with your company name on it? What content is on there? Etc etc.
It's YOUR name, not theirs... ;)

BTW : I am going to have a note on my website which is going to point that i am not affilate with the Google .
This means nothing whatsoever to anyone.

Besides, if you have nothing to do with them, why steal and use their name? Are there not enough words in the English language, as well as making one up?

•••
Hey, I think you've missed the point of this. It's not about hard laws, it's about not doing the wrong thing, and the thing that courts will rule against you for.

A domain name with their name in it, about their product? Why should that be allowed? It's not your name or product to use.

Brand protection is a huge thing which you will never be able to fight.
Google as a large corp will worry you use their domain name in a way that's not fitting with Google's style etc and people think it is a Google domain name.
Court will nearly always rule in their favour for this reason (and others, like would you have registered a domain name using the word "Google" if you did not know of the company "Google"? Of course not...).

Imagine you own a large corporation, and someone buys a domain name with your corp name in it. Is your multi billion dollar company not worried about how the website will look with your company name on it? What content is on there? Etc etc.
It's YOUR name, not theirs... ;)

This means nothing whatsoever to anyone.

Besides, if you have nothing to do with them, why steal and use their name? Are there not enough words in the English language, as well as making one up?

I understood very well . Thank you !

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back