Dynadot

Sav Official Thread

NameSilo
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@iDat - I just replied back asking for more details in the DM. We would love to be able to link a Sav account to someone's NP username but we are unable to do so as of now.

@iTesla - Are you still seeing issues? I see that the load was a bit higher this morning but not when you submitted the NP post. Im curious if it was maybe a Peering/Cloudflare issue.

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R you guys should try and resolve the issue on your card processor. I always get an error when ever I try to renew my domain. Tried both auto and manual renewal yet got the same error " We were unable to process the payment because of the following error: Gateway Rejected. Please follow the steps ...." I think the issue is from your end because the card works on other sites. Please kindly sort it out.

•••
•••
@Nick R you guys should try and resolve the issue on your card processor. I always get an error when ever I try to renew my domain. Tried both auto and manual renewal yet got the same error " We were unable to process the payment because of the following error: Gateway Rejected. Please follow the steps ...." I think the issue is from your end because the card works on other sites. Please kindly sort it out.
Here is an FAQ with details on how to get around that:

https://help.sav.com/kb/en/article/resolving-payment-issues
https://help.sav.com/kb/en/article/requesting-to-bypass-fraud-detection-gateway-rejection

•••
After how many days from it's expiry date, is a domain removed from a customer's account ?
30 ?
anyone know this ?

•••
After how many days from it's expiry date, is a domain removed from a customer's account ?
30 ?
anyone know this ?
Yes, 30 days. Then it goes to auctions.

•••
@Nick R @Sav.com We can't put a reserve price when starting an Auction? Also we cannot set starting price?

So if bidder bids $2 and the auction ends at $2 on the 10th day, the $2 bidder gets the domain ?

Hope that's not true.

•••
•••
•••
•••
@Nick R

Let us know what features you’d like to see in the coming months!
How about you add a prepay wallet where users can deposit funds? It helps avoid payment failure or delay especially when registering expired drops. Epik, Dynadot, and Namesilo have this feature.

•••
@Nick R @Sav.com We can't put a reserve price when starting an Auction? Also we cannot set starting price?

So if bidder bids $2 and the auction ends at $2 on the 10th day, the $2 bidder gets the domain ?

Hope that's not true.
That's true.

•••
I am not getting OTP !!!

This happened previously once and took time to rectify that...

Basically i can register names and that's all...
Can't change auto renew...can't change nameservers... nothing!

Please fix this immediately...it is not a security measure if we can't even get the OTP.

I am from India.

Bad experience!

@Nick R

Last edited:
•••
Just saw this new msg in that two-factor box in Sav...

"NOTICE: All codes are being temporarily sent to your email even if you have SMS enabled. "

I received code in email and it worked...

Been checking all day...

Looks like they have some problem with automated SMS sending.

•••
@Nick R

May I ask if .org backorder would be available one day?

thanks

•••
New look, same great pricing. What do you think of our new logo?🎉

logo_master.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Has anyone had issues with filling out the Sav tax forms to do a payout?

I am pretty positive that W8-BEN should apply (a non-US citizen who pays taxes in a country with an agreement with the US) who pays tax as a sole proprietor and is being paid by a US company. Both professional tax advice and past practice with other domain companies indicate W8-BEN applies in my situation.

But I go through their online system and near end it tells me I need to fill out a form 8233 instead as W8-BEN does not apply. If you go to that form, it is clear that it is intended for foreign aliens who go to the US to perform personal services for a US company. For example, if I went to a US company to do an evaluation, to train employees, etc. that would apply.

The form 8233 near the top make it clear it is not to be used if you simply are someone working from a foreign country (and reporting taxes there) and covered by a tax treaty - you should be filling out W8-BEN (if pay taxes as individual sole proprietor).

On form 8233 it says "Compensation for independent personal services performed in the United States"

Has anyone managed to get their system to accept the right form? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
By the way, the two features I would most appreciate at Sav, I know others have expressed same earlier in this thread, are:
  1. A way to individually accept and delete FT authorization for Afternic and Sedo. It is great they are partners on both systems, but there is a serious weakness in that I can't revoke a FT authorization. Yes, I can go to Afternic or Sedo, delete the FT there, but still Sav will keep adding it in every time I do a new authorization for a different domain name. For example, I wanted to take a name I put into a Sav auction from FT for obvious reasons, but they keep adding it any time I activate a different domain, even though I have deleted it from that marketplace.
  2. Have a funds balance that sales revenue goes in and that you can use to pay auction bills, registrations, etc. Virtually every other registrar have this.
I like many things about Sav (pricing, auctions, landers, ease of use for most part), but if only a few things could be changed it would be even better.

Bob

•••
Agree with @Bob Hawkes.

@Sav.com has improved and I particuarly appreciate their good rates for registration and the backorder cost for .com and .net

Would be good if one day SAV could offer backorder service for .org

•••
[*]Have a funds balance that sales revenue goes in and that you can use to pay auction bills, registrations, etc. Virtually every other registrar have this.
I suggested this recently. I hope they add the feature soon.

•••
Please fix the issue with ExpiredDomains.net so they'll add SAV back to their site again.

•••
I added 2 domains in SAV marketplace and it shows that I have 2 domains but none of the links are clickable so I can't see later which domains I added. The only way to view my existing domains is to click on "Export Listings" button which will download a CSV file containing my domains.
Is this how it works? So everytime I want to update price, I need to download CSV, update price, then upload again? This seems like a very poor GUI.

1654265251409.png

•••
Has anyone had issues with filling out the Sav tax forms to do a payout?

I am pretty positive that W8-BEN should apply (a non-US citizen who pays taxes in a country with an agreement with the US) who pays tax as a sole proprietor and is being paid by a US company. Both professional tax advice and past practice with other domain companies indicate W8-BEN applies in my situation.

But I go through their online system and near end it tells me I need to fill out a form 8233 instead as W8-BEN does not apply. If you go to that form, it is clear that it is intended for foreign aliens who go to the US to perform personal services for a US company. For example, if I went to a US company to do an evaluation, to train employees, etc. that would apply.

The form 8233 near the top make it clear it is not to be used if you simply are someone working from a foreign country (and reporting taxes there) and covered by a tax treaty - you should be filling out W8-BEN (if pay taxes as individual sole proprietor).

On form 8233 it says "Compensation for independent personal services performed in the United States"

Has anyone managed to get their system to accept the right form? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Bob
That's what I thought when applying, I just haven't done it because I'm confused to what I should do instead haha
I've filled out W8-BENs on other companies and have been fine in doing so I'm not exactly sure what I should be doing

•••
I added 2 domains in SAV marketplace and it shows that I have 2 domains but none of the links are clickable so I can't see later which domains I added. The only way to view my existing domains is to click on "Export Listings" button which will download a CSV file containing my domains.
You can see the prices from the domains main view on Sav. What columns you show is customizable (in terms of on or off, I don't think order, unfortunately). You may need to scroll right to make them show up. Below shows a bit. The Buy Now Price shows how I have the domain name listed on Sav Marketplace. If it is blanked, it means that domain name is not listed for sale. When you change prices, they get updated in this column.
SavColumns.png

I agree a listing of just the ones for sale in their marketplace without having to look at all of your domain names, or export, would be handy. But at least in the domains main page the information is there.
Bob

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back