Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
As a foreigner I've always been interested in American politics because it affects the rest of the world. I've always looked up to American's strong belief in freedom but in the last 10-15 years I notice that the American Mainstream Media (MSM) have taken control of the majority of the population's minds and have decided who should win the candidacy both for the Democrats and Republicans.

And this brainwashing seems to get worse all the time. Three years ago the MSM decided that Obama should be the winner and so they where very biased against Hilary Clinton. Result; The media and Obama won.

Now with the Republican nomination the Media is even worse as they seem to have already chosen Mitt Romney to win. What really amazes me is how the Media has totally ignored Ron Paul who appears to be the 2nd most popular candidate, despite the fact that he is being ignored. Just imagine if they (MSM) were to talk about him; He'd probably be the front runner.

Could this (ignoring Ron Paul) be due to to the fact that the MSM is controlled by Jews and they don't like the fact that Ron Paul has said the he would stop Foreign aid to Israel and the rest of the world. Or are they afraid that Ron Paul has the the best chance of beating Obama, therefore by choosing Romney, Obama will obviously have a better chance to win.

What amazes me is that the media is not even being discreet about ignoring RP. Whatever happened to the unbiased American media that the world so much admired? D-:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You know that's an old video having nothing to do with Ron Paul right?
I've no idea how old it is, though it was uploaded a few weeks back.

The point is; Do you tolerate this sort of behavior in a country that preaches democracy to the world? Or is it OK under certain circumstances such as when it applies to someone like Ron Paul, who must never be given a chance of winning anything so as not to upset the Status Quo.

Only a blind person who does NOT want to see, will never admit that Ron Paul has been ripped off by election fraud and other election tricks, as well as by the MSM.

•••
"I've no idea how old it is, though it was uploaded a few weeks back."

That's part of the problem, it says right in the description it wasn't about Ron Paul and you didn't take the time to read, research anything. Nowadays, conspiracy theory sites and such target people like you because they know all it takes is a YouTube video to help form somebody's opinion. They'll give a lil info and then let people's minds wander off, knowing most won't do any real research on their own.

This YouTube video in question, is part of a documentary I saw many years ago, it was called Hacking Democracy, released in 2007.

And it's already been gone thru to death why Ron Paul doesn't have a chance, his stance on issues. You want to believe it's something more sinister. Are you a truther as well, think 9/11 was an inside job?

Side note, in regards to Ron Paul:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/13/virginia-primary-ballot-lawsuit_n_1205277.html

In Virginia, only Romney and Ron Paul were on the ballot. Santorum wasn't, Gingrich wasn't. Are there some powers to be that don't want Santorum or Gingrich in there or was it they just didn't meet the rules to get on there.

Last edited:
•••
Here's some food for thought;
What's amazing is that the MSM talks about voter fraud in other countries (the latest being Russia) and here you have it under your own noses:

The MSM is really irrelevant on this issue, when you consider over 72% of Latinos vote Democrat, is it any wonder Democrats fight Tooth and Nail AGAINST requiring ID at the voting booth?

Challenging the Arizona law had NOTHING to do with racial profiling or the rights of Latino's but rather more to do with capturing their vote in November.. The ILLEGAL Vote.

From the time Obama has been in office, he's done nothing BUT appeal to his constituents, Latinos in particular, just so he and other Democrats can get re-elected.

It's not about doing what's RIGHT for the Country, it's about doing what's RiGHT for themselves and their leftist ideology.

•••
Getting back to Ron Paul, maybe the title of the thread should be changed to "Why Is Ron Paul Still In The Race?"

It is pointless, he has zero chance of becoming President, all he is doing now is spending his supporters money.

•••
Getting back to Ron Paul, maybe the title of the thread should be changed to "Why Is Ron Paul Still In The Race?"

It is pointless, he has zero chance of becoming President, all he is doing now is spending his supporters money.

Gives all the "I'm alright Jack" Libertarians something to cheer for for a little while longer.

There's simply not enough purple in the U.S.A.

•••
The MSM is really irrelevant on this issue, when you consider over 72% of Latinos vote Democrat, is it any wonder Democrats fight Tooth and Nail AGAINST requiring ID at the voting booth?

Challenging the Arizona law had NOTHING to do with racial profiling or the rights of Latino's but rather more to do with capturing their vote in November.. The ILLEGAL Vote.

From the time Obama has been in office, he's done nothing BUT appeal to his constituents, Latinos in particular, just so he and other Democrats can get re-elected.

It's not about doing what's RIGHT for the Country, it's about doing what's RiGHT for themselves and their leftist ideology.
Yes you are right. Today's politicians would say something like:

"Ask not what your President can do for you but what you can do for your President"

I don't know what the mood is in the US, but I have a feeling that Obama will lose a lot of the Latino votes because of the stance he took in the Zimmerman/Trayvon case. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson and a few other have made the situation even worse.

As a President he should speak up on all the violence going on, not just very specific cases.

I also find it amazing that the Media does not mention all the "jobs lost", but only the "jobs created"

I've read that in the past 3 years the US has lost almost a million jobs more than it has gained, meaning that the 8.5% unemployment rate is being manipulated to reflect a much lower rate so as to gain votes in the coming elections, which doesn't surprise me since politicians all over do this kind of thing.

•••
........................................__......................................................
.................................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..................................................
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.....................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.............................
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,....................
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.......

"I've read that in the past 3 years the US has lost almost a million jobs more than it has gained, meaning that the 8.5% unemployment rate is being manipulated to reflect a much lower rate so as to gain votes in the coming elections, which doesn't surprise me since politicians all over do this kind of thing."

Yes, Obama was up late at night, changing the numbers. Seriously dude.

"which doesn't surprise me since politicians all over do this kind of thing"

So don't you think, those same politicians, the Republicans, would be all over the numbers being manipulated? More crazy talk from you. They use the same method to calculate that, regardless of who is in the White House.

Plus, we already went over this starting with post #168 page 7 of this thread. Just reread it.

"I don't know what the mood is in the US, but I have a feeling that Obama will lose a lot of the Latino votes because of the stance he took in the Zimmerman/Trayvon case."

No, he won't lose any because he's going up against the Republicans.

Last edited:
•••
"I don't know what the mood is in the US, but I have a feeling that Obama will lose a lot of the Latino votes because of the stance he took in the Zimmerman/Trayvon case."

Can't argue with people like yourself who know absolutely everything.

•••
Can't argue with people like yourself who know absolutely everything.

What's this have to do with the Latino vote?

•••

What he will lose will be a hefty portion of the moderates, regardless of their color or religious persuasion, who, when asked:

"Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago" will answer 'No.'

"Do you think the Government should run a 1.6 trillion dollar deficit every year," and they will answer 'No.'

"Do you think it is okay for Obama to blame Bush for policies that he, Pelosi and Reid instigated," and they will answer 'No.'

"Do you like the idea of paying $5 a gallon for gas, double what it was when Obama came into office," and they will say 'No.'

"Do you think our government has any business giving billions of dollars to solar panel corporations that go bankrupt shortly thereafter," and they will answer 'No.'

"Do you think it is okay to owe China over a trillion dollars of debt," and they will answer 'No.'

I could go on, with literally dozens of questions, but the point is that Americans are going to have so, so many more issues with Obama's leadership that one more issue is not going to make a bit of difference.

•••
•••
Moderates are fleeing Obama for the exact reasons that I posted.

•••
What he will lose will be a hefty portion of the moderates, regardless of their color or religious persuasion, who, when asked:

"Are you better off now than you were 4 years ago" will answer 'No.'

"Do you think the Government should run a 1.6 trillion dollar deficit every year," and they will answer 'No.'

"Do you think it is okay for Obama to blame Bush for policies that he, Pelosi and Reid instigated," and they will answer 'No.'

"Do you like the idea of paying $5 a gallon for gas, double what it was when Obama came into office," and they will say 'No.'

"Do you think our government has any business giving billions of dollars to solar panel corporations that go bankrupt shortly thereafter," and they will answer 'No.'

"Do you think it is okay to owe China over a trillion dollars of debt," and they will answer 'No.'

I could go on, with literally dozens of questions, but the point is that Americans are going to have so, so many more issues with Obama's leadership that one more issue is not going to make a bit of difference.
All intelligent questions that were never asked during the GOP debates.

The MSM concentrated on dumb questions like: "Are you ready to release your medical records" or "Whose wife would make the best First Lady"? or asking Newt Gingrich on revelations by his second ex-wife, just to name a few. :|

•••
Moderates are fleeing Obama for the exact reasons that I posted.

Watch the news, the Republicans are already thinking 2016, they already know they have no shot this time. Romney, who's going to win the nomination, is the candidate whose own party isn't even that excited about. He was the more moderate of the candidates, so he'll have a better chance chance of getting some of those votes but really no chance against Obama. It'll be a worse beating than he gave Bush last election, I'll bump this thread when it happens.

On a side note, not sure if you guys have ever heard of intrade.com? Prediction market site and they're pretty spot on, think I read last election how they got every single state right. People have opinions, but when you put your own money down, it's a lot more honest. It's run out of Ireland I believe, form of gambling I guess but very interesting. Wish we would legalize that kind of thing here, be a little more progressive, be more of a leader in freedom.

•••
Watch the news, the Republicans are already thinking 2016, they already know they have no shot this time. Romney, who's going to win the nomination, is the candidate whose own party isn't even that excited about. He was the more moderate of the candidates, so he'll have a better chance chance of getting some of those votes but really no chance against Obama. It'll be a worse beating than he gave Bush last election, I'll bump this thread when it happens.

You won't need to bump this thread because Obama is gonna say "Bye Bye" to the White House, come November.

As for the "Watch the news, the Republicans are already thinking 2016" that's MSM fabricating those stories. :zzz:

•••
"As for the "Watch the news, the Republicans are already thinking 2016" that's MSM fabricating those stories."

As has been pointed out earlier, that really doesn't make sense. Main stream media, owned by big corporations usually like the Republicans better, because they're usually for lower taxes for big corporations. Main stream media, owned by big corporations would probably like Romney better because they'll be better off financially.

Every poll out there, intrade etc., on a head to head match up have Obama winning already and we haven't even begun the Obama vs. Romney stuff yet. Wait till Romney gets the nomination and then it'll be on. The gap will just further from there, after commercials, after debates, which Obama is very good at. It'll be fun to watch later this year. We have Olympics coming up, General Election, good stuff coming. We shall see.

I will say as far as Republicans go, at least it'll be the more moderate one (Romney) that gets the nod. If you're ever read some of Santorum's views on birth control, the guy is a bit of a loon.

Last edited:
•••
"As for the "Watch the news, the Republicans are already thinking 2016" that's MSM fabricating those stories."

As has been pointed out earlier, that really doesn't make sense. Main stream media, owned by big corporations usually like the Republicans better, because they're usually for lower taxes for big corporations. Main stream media, owned by big corporations would probably like Romney better because they'll be better off financially.

Every poll out there, intrade etc., on a head to head match up have Obama winning already and we haven't even begun the Obama vs. Romney stuff yet. Wait till Romney gets the nomination and then it'll be on. The gap will just further from there, after commercials, after debates, which Obama is very good at. It'll be fun to watch later this year. We have Olympics coming up, General Election, good stuff coming. We shall see.

I will say as far as Republicans go, at least it'll be the more moderate one (Romney) that gets the nod. If you're ever read some of Santorum's views on birth control, the guy is a bit of a loon.
MSM is mostly liberal and therefore favor the Democrats, except for Fox, that backs the Republicans.

Most Newspapers and magazines are also liberal. Hollywood stars that Americans idolize and have such a strong influence on many people's minds are mostly Democrats, so what you are saying about the MSM backing the Republicans is total Hog wash. You must be a Democrat with blinkers. No wonder you are constantly putting the Republicans down.

Yesterdays US jobs report showed only 120.000 jobs created (half of what was expected) and yet MIRACULOUSLY the percentage of unemployment dropped to 8.2%. Where I live, our governments (no matter which one) also try to manipulate the numbers to show better unemployment results, but fortunately our Media is still proudly independent and very critical of ALL Politicians and will contest their numbers all the time.

Unfortunately for Americans their MSM is completely biased to both the left and the right. I lived in the US in the 70's and most of your Media then was independent, fair and balanced. Those days have gone my friend and you are now left with News Makers, which is great for those who don't want to think for themselves, 'cause the media will feed you with what they want you to hear, depending on your political colors

As for Obama being a good debater; you must be joking, surely! Obama won the last elections because the Bush (also a bad debater) administration was so unpopular that any GOP candidate could not win.

Besides, Obama got 95% of the Black vote, the majority of the Latino vote and a lot of the politically correct white vote. This time he will only manage the 95% of the black vote and considerably less of the Latino and white vote.

Obama only looks good with teleprompters (which he uses most of the time), just like Bush before him. Take those teleprompters away and all you get is aww and hmm every 3rd or 4th word. Its embarrassing to listen to. :red:

The only sentence I've heard him say without stuttering and without adding a aww or a hmm is "Yes we can". :zzz:

Any of the GOP candidates will whip his ass in a debate. He's lucky he won't debate Ron Paul because that would simply be one-sided and a real lesson in debating.

As for "Santorum's views on birth control, the guy is a bit of a loon" I think it's unfair to call him a loon. Many people agree with him. He apparently is very religious and abides by the Catholic Churches teachings. Obviously his personal beliefs would never pass into law in a country like the US that is so liberal as far as birth control goes, unless you are you are a University student and need to have the Government supply you with free condoms during 4 or 5 years. :| Rush Limbaugh got into real trouble because of this one.

•••
Yes, the unemployment rate continues to drop, that's a good thing. The last quarter was the best in the last 6 years, that's a good thing.

"As for Obama being a good debater; you must be joking, surely!"

You obviously didn't watch the last election and the debates. Even the right agrees to that.

"This time he will only manage the 95% of the black vote and considerably less of the Latino and white vote."

You base that on..........?

"Obama only looks good with teleprompters (which he uses most of the time), just like Bush before him. Take those teleprompters away and all you get is aww and hmm every 3rd or 4th word. Its embarrassing to listen to."

I hate to break it to you, but they all use teleprompters. Not sure how that's even an issue haha.

"Any of the GOP candidates will whip his ass in a debate."

That will will come back to haunt you, I will make sure to bump this thread during the debates. Not sure if you've even seen Romney but it doesn't take much to get under his skin and then he becomes a lil angry, which never looks good for somebody wanting to become President. You'll see it later this year.

It's my opinion he a loon. Someone who would say stuff like this in regards to condoms:

"it's a license to do things in the sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be." He should consider them, had something like 8 kids.

"Many people agree with him."

Actually, you're wrong again. The majority of Catholics are fine with it.

So it's nothing with me being against Republicans, as I've said earlier, if there was ever one more normal, to the middle on social issues, and somewhere in the middle or a step right on business issues, I could vote for them. But the party handed over their balls over to the Christian Right a long time ago and it's hurting the party and they put themselves in a very bad position that's going to be hard to get out of. Because it's not in line with where this country is going. We're slowing becoming more open. Feel free to Google the stats on things like gay marriage or the legalization of pot, more and more people are becoming ok with it. Some Repubs just come off very backwards, not all of them, there are some good ones, just most of them that run for President.

Santorum on gay marriage:

"Santorum explained that not only would he support a federal constitutional amendment banning same-sex marriage, he supports invalidating all currently legal same-sex unions:"

Same guy that gets on TV saying he's for less government and they should stay out of our lives, well except if your life is not in line with his Catholic one. And since he doesn't use birth control and has only 8 kids, he's not getting it in with his wife much. I think we need a healthy leader who does.

Like I said, at least the more to the middle candidate is getting the nod.

Last edited:
•••
My opinion is pretty simple.

The GOP doesn't want him, Therefore he has no chance.

•••
Oh, I will be bumping this thread repeatedly after the election, working my way through Lyons many assumptions and alleged facts.

:blink:

•••
Just a little tid bit
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5p70YbRiPw"]US Attorney General Eric Holder's Ballot to Vote Offered to Total Stranger - YouTube[/ame]

Greek Reporter gets pelted with eggs and yogurt, live. Would love to see the same happen with some of the MSM reporters as well. They probably deserve it even more than this guy. I've heard that Greek yogurt is very tasty!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoloOe6mLYA"]TV Host Gets Pelted With Eggs/Yogurt, Live Broadcast - YouTube[/ame]

You can tell I'm very fond of the MSM, right?

Last edited:
•••
Looking from the outside gives me some perspective - I honestly think your country is going further down the shitter if this man isn't voted in. Luckily the numbers that you don't hear about suggest that a lot of people are "getting it" and his message. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgsg7a-Ok8Q&feature=colike"]Witness the Power of an Idea: Ron Paul Massive Rallies 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

No offence intended.

Last edited:
•••
"if this man isn't voted in. "

If? What are you talking about, it's been over. Father of the Tea Party? Did a Democrat make this video? A few thousand people showing up for these events? This stuff at this point is simply to get money, to retire the campaign's debts. Nothing more.

•••
If you say so...lol. Keep believing the crap your mainstream media keeps feeding you. ;)

•••
If you say so...lol. Keep believing the crap your mainstream media keeps feeding you. ;)

What are you talking about, haha. It's reality. The video is a joke.

The guy who made the video, read what he said:

"The reason I wanted to do this is because I'm very new to campaigning and politics (around 2 months). So I won't know half the stuff I'm talking about on videos, I have to research it, read opinions, etc. (takes too long!)."

Oh, it takes too long, damn research, poor thing, lol, whoa, a whole 2 months into politics, impressive, watch out. Maybe somebody should be nice and help this guy out, let him know Romney is getting the nod.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back