Domain Empire

status-duplicate Rob Monster bought Namepros without paying a dime.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
Many of you like Rob Monster because the information that he posted. But many did not realize that he SPAMS the forums whenever he has a chance.
- Spamming/Promoting his company everywhere
- He also hired a team here and tell them to spam the forums also.
Too much is too much and this needed to be stopped.
- OP asked about Godaddy who is privacy. He inserted an Epik link
https://www.namepros.com/threads/wh...rom-godaddy-to-namesilo.1166442/#post-7531080
And many more:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/what-will-happen-to-our-domains-when-we-die.1167187/#post-7530982

He even inserted a link from Webhostingtalk.com which considers Namepros competitor.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/is...like-in-the-digital-age.1167212/#post-7530874

I don't hate the guy. It's just spamming too much or he may have some mental problems?

NamePros moderator response:

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You keep saying that even though Rob himself has stated ANYONE can ask for that. Nothing special other than simply asking.
It’s easy to say that now, after you’ve been exposed.

Show me where he said that prior to me making this public, a year ago. And, that is certainly not what he said to me when this was initially brought to light.

•••
My bad you have now convinced me. It's all a conspiracy everyone is a special user except you.
It’s easy to post whatever you like. It’s hard to use data to back your position.

So now that you’ve said everyone has this special privilege to renew beyond the grace period, show us where Rob said this a year ago please. I can certainly show the PM from Rob and exactly what his excuse was for this specific incident. It was all about 1 special customer and he never mentioned anything about this privilege being available to anyone, upon request.

•••
I wasnt 3even on NP a year ago. I'm just saying what Rob has publically said here. You want to say hes lying then it seems you should be the one posting proof rather than just passing the buck. I can see only one reason why you havent already.
I’ve already posted long ago about this. And if you look back in this thread a few pages, you’ll see what his staff said about that specific BO.

•••
So some customers lose their domain to backorders at day 16, while others (a few clients) don't lose their domains at day 16?

This seems like the very definition of special privilege.

Yet, Rob said it was covered in their ToS? I'm curious to see what language their ToS says to allow this.

I think it's disgusting that epik is auctioning domains off at day 16 for some customers. Absolutely disgusting.

For MobileWallet, it looks like WHOIS was last updated on August 14th, after expiring on July 19th, Thus (if the update date is reflective of the renewal date), about a 25 day turnaround time to be renewed.

Allowing a registrant at least 25 days to renew their domain does show a registrar putting their registrant first, but as @Rob Monster pointed out, imagine how that customer would have felt if the domain was sent to your account via backorder at day 16. Thus, my utter confusion to how a CEO wanting to put their registrants first would ever allow a domain to leave their customers account at day 16 by default for all customers.

After learning this, I'm curious to find what other area's epik will try to &$^# me.

#TransparencyMyAss #BlessingsToThoseWhoKissThyAssOfEpik #DoTheseHashTagsHaveAnyEffectOn #MyRequestToHaveAGreaterGraceDeletePeriod #IShouldntHaveToAskNotToBeScrewedByDefault #YouMayNotScrewMeButYouMightScrewMyFriend #AndThatsNotCool
And keep in mind, these backorders are expensive to place. At $200 a pop, you expect that the system will operate as stated by the company representatives.

•••
I've read the whole thing, unfortunately. Including the full transcript posted by Rob. The statement that some customers have an extended grace period is in no way inconsistent with Rob's statement that it's an option for anyone who asks. At most it shows most dont even ask.
This isn’t “some customers” and this is part of that transcript...

“Thank you for supplying some history here.
While the rep you spoke to supplied valid information for 99% such cases, we (Epik) have a few clients that have an extended grace renewal time. The domain owner in this case has a longer grace renewal period therefore that is why that 16 day delivery did not apply here”

She’s saying it plain and simple. 99% of customers lose their domain at day 16 and 1% don’t. There is no mention in that transcript that ALL customers get an extended grace period upon request.

•••
I've read the whole thing, unfortunately. Including the full transcript posted by Rob. The statement that some customers have an extended grace period is in no way inconsistent with Rob's statement that it's an option for anyone who asks. At most it shows most dont even ask.

So you've proved what exactly? Only 1% of customers bother to ask for an extended grace period? She also didn't say that it was because of how much the customer spends or how large their portfolio is. Though you seem to claim as much. She didn't give any indication as to why it was extended. So you have no grounds to say that Rob is being anything less than forthcoming when he says that its avalible upon request.

Rob MonsterCEO, Epik Epik.com StaffPRO+2 More Badges
“Aha, some big customers did negotiate longer grace periods.

For calibration, this guy has about 50,000 domains with us.”

So if anyone can request a longer grace period, why didn’t Rob say that back when we spoke via PM? I’ll tell you why. It’s because longer grace periods don’t apply to 99% of customers at epik.

•••
I had a domain name in my account, at daddy, that they clawed back weeks after I had control. No explanation...ever. Yes, it is frustrating to not get something you thought you were supposed to get...just imagine how it feels to actually get something (you were supposed to get) and then have it taken back.
What was their explanation? Surely you followed up for clarity.

•••
Sounds like he found a great community and joined in and expanded his business! Very smart.... very smart! Explains why he is very successful right now.

he found a great community..

... and what do we find today?

I got tired.

•••
•••
Is there a rule here for avatar? Grown up and stop acting like a kid.

•••
I personally don't mind if Rob promotes Epik in his posts, I think it's his job to do so. I also don't think it's "spammy", in fact it's how I get to try Epik. Now, I'm slowly transferring my names there. .

but you do understand that exactly that is the purpose of a SAPM?

•••
Whatever, Rob didn´t start this thread. Or did they forget to add the EPIK staff badge to the OP´s ID?

Is there a "Popular this year" ranking?
If it is a "popular this year" ranking, it may take a long time to award it because this FORUM seems like it will recieve postings for a long long long time...(y)

•••
John thedomains was never involved in any of this kind of nonsense.
Yep, Raymond. These theories about Namepros being bought seem to pop up from time to time. :) It will probably be Google or Microsoft that will be supposed to be buying it next.

Regards...jmcc

•••
HeHeHe

I just laughed my assets off that Rob was able to insert some good Epik links even in this topic :xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh::ROFL:

Personally I think he is an asset to namepros and I wish there was more participation from some of the boys at other big services. I would be willing to put up with a few more self promoting links anyday in exchange for conversing with these guys.

You know all about that Lemonade:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/whats-going-on-with-epik-and-rob-monster.1128748

Take a bow -- @MapleDots started this with the epic Epik NP thread of 2019.

•••
I made a suggestion before, that would bring even more money in for NP, paid forums. Worked well in affiliate marketing forums, wonder if it would work here. With a paid forum, can have at it, plus an extra benefit of being more organized. Have it all in one place.

•••
How much do you think is reasonable to pay for a subleased section of your own. The reason that I am asking is because I thought you might have a better idea about this than most as the previous owner of NamePros.

IMO

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
If it's not promotional, then why not create a personal account and then post all you want about domain news, domain information, industry news, hosting news, domains wanted and whatever else you like.

I have a personal account here on Namepros. And when it has nothing to do with Bodis - I simply post from my personal account. Then it's as clear as day that I'm not promoting our product or service via signature, mentioning it via post somehow related to the topic, etc.

If I were the owner of Namepros (which I am not contrary to popular belief as I have sold it in 2013), then the rule would've been simple - if you want to discuss domain news and post about domains, etc, have a secondary personal account with no mention of your company name.

I think that's quite a fair solution if you ask me that would keep everyone happy. You can still have your name in your profile, so people know who you are, but no mention of company name and/or promotions related to your company.

I believe this would ultimately test what ones real agenda is and if your contributions are made solely for promotional reasons or are they made to better benefit the domaining community.

Looking forward to hearing the arguments for and against such an idea.

thanks a lot, Matt

that sounds very reasonable to me

•••
who is this Rob Monster guy anyway? Is he new to this forum?

•••
He has some sycophants who follow him blindly.

But he's not a bad guy.

•••
Time to see what else is happening on NP.

Last edited:
•••
let me explain
as you kind of don't get it

you are adding promotional snippets into each and every post

it's the same as if I would start to post images of
the BS you posted earlier
in each and every post you make

Did you quote the wrong person.

•••
Funny, they are literally losing money on those registrations as they are below cost, so maybe better he doesn’t post them. It’s unheard of for companies to offer $6.99 unlimited transfers to the major registers. Sure the obscure ones that trap you might do it cheaper, but I think you are getting caught up in hate, Epik is losing money even on $6.99 .com transfers, I wonder who is gaining money on each transfer, members of this forum... transfer 70 expiring names, and that’s $100 in your pocket, simple transfer of wealth. So if you hate him so much, best revenge is to transfer names in his loss leader, and hit him
where it hurts lol.

so you still feel safe with epik?

•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back