IT.COM

new gtlds Rick Schwarz Predicts A "Collapse" Coming (ngTLD's)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Will New Extensions Have A Major Collapse

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

votes
    67.8%
  • No

votes
    32.2%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
rs-tweet.png

What do you think? Based on Rick's tweets, I believe he is referring to new gTLDs.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey Carleone :xf.wink:

Can you just name one?

No, that's his business. But I checked and he has lots of new gtlds just like he said.

•••
No, that's his business. But I checked and he has lots of new gtlds just like he said.
I checked as well but came up with zero new gTLDs :xf.smile:

Where do you check?

•••
I even don't know exactly how many I have and had cumulatively for these 3 years... Never calculated them precisely...
But definitely no less than 500 nTLD-domains...

•••
Oh stop the penis measuring contest already. Back on topic.

•••
It is not a penis contest...
Via this stats you may clearly see that average conversion ratio is ~1:100... 1 inquiry per ~100 domains...
And even these very rare inquiries are usually low ball.

•••
retracted

Last edited:
•••
Just noticed a bunch of $xxxx new gTLD sales on another domain forum today.

It also seems like I have a .blue sale coming up at Afternic.

So, if the market is dead, a lot of that forum's members are extremely lucky...

•••
What kind of bunch?
Premiums/killers???

•••
What kind of bunch?
Premiums/killers???

Different extensions (.click, .xyz, .online, .party, .city, .solutions) I don't know if these are premiums, or not. My .blue is regularly priced.

•••
I have asked about keywords...

Regarding .online, for example...
Good and ultra keywords are from $3xx and up to 5-figure sums... yearly.

•••

I don't know, but HIGHLY doubt that any of these names were in that price category. I will no reveal any keywords here, with respect of the members. But the forum is open for "readers".

•••

Unless you buy them very cheap here at name pros :) I bought some very good financial .online term here in auction for USD 2...and it has standard renewal :)

•••
I even don't know exactly how many I have and had cumulatively for these 3 years... Never calculated them precisely...
But definitely no less than 500 nTLD-domains...
Jurgen if you do not know how many of them you have, you definitely need to start use some tracking excelsheet :)

Last edited:
•••
Different extensions (.click, .xyz, .online, .party, .city, .solutions) I don't know if these are premiums, or not. My .blue is regularly priced.
Mine had low $xx renewal.

•••
Just noticed a bunch of $xxxx new gTLD sales on another domain forum today.

It also seems like I have a .blue sale coming up at Afternic.

Right "lucky" :xf.wink:

•••
Sorry, but I have too many other tasks to do instead of filtering my ~3K-portfolio for all nTLDs...
But approximately I know how many I have and had... ant it is no less than 500...

And back to .online
All really interesting (at least for me, with potential to be resold) keywords which I scanned - were min. $3xx yearly...
And most were in 4-figure range.

Last edited:
•••
@Jurgen Wolf I came back to post an apology.

I wasn`t aware that your fastest sale was a new gTLD.

Still, I didn`t understand why you didn`t give a specific example to our question.

•••
We don't know their actual profit or even loss, especially if these domains are premiums and were born in 2014/2015.

•••
We don't know their actual profit or even loss, especially if these domains are premiums and were born in 2014/2015.

True. I am aware of my own profits. I can not speak for others.

•••
There is no such a thing as bad gTLDs

There are only bad choices

•••
There are way too many TLDs. Most registered domains will never ever been used. For every domain with a website there are 500 domains that people are just holding to sell later. There simply aren't enough serious online businesses (nor will there ever be) to populate all of these speculative domain names. I think people will always be buying stupid domain names, and that will continue to always be the bulk of the domain name registrations going on.

•••
No one is talking Google SEO for domain extensions.
Which extn has higher ranking?

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back